PDA

View Full Version : Next Food Network Star, Season 7

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20

skatesindreams
08-01-2011, 08:43 PM
I love Rick Bayless - on his PBS shows - or Top Chef.
I wish that I had a chance to see him more often, or go to his restaurants.
The food he makes is wonderful.

Allen
08-01-2011, 09:01 PM
Rick Bayless, One Plate at a Time - only problem - he's not on Food Network.

I need to check that out. I always seem to miss it somehow.

emason
08-01-2011, 09:42 PM
I wish that I had a chance to see him more often, or go to his restaurants.

I had a food revelation at his upscale restaurant Topolobampo. I don't like cilantro, never have; when a recipe calls for it, I use parsley instead. That is, until I had the house guacamole at Topolobampo; for the first time ever I understood the concept of 'flavor profile'. The guacamole was perfectly balanced and the cilantro made the whole thing. I will never dis cilantro again. This was over 3 years ago and I can still taste that guac; it was that good.

Matryeshka
08-08-2011, 02:18 AM
I swear, Penny learned to prep at the same place Caroline Zhang learned to speed skate. :yikes: She might have inadvertantly helped Mary Beth, give her some slack. :lol:

Alton Brown is an ass. Glad Jeff got the better of him. And newsflash, Alton Brown, Mediterranean and Italian are in fact two different cooking styles in terms of ingredients, sauces, and style.

dbell1
08-08-2011, 02:41 AM
If I never hear the phrase 'sandwich king' again, I'll be in heaven.

Penny should have been sauteed and tossed in the trash. Why do they always bring back a hated saboteur in these shows?

Susie bugs me. Not sure why... I think I'm still getting over her dissing her heritage a few episodes ago. :shuffle:

Skittl1321
08-08-2011, 02:42 AM
Alton Brown is an ass. Glad Jeff got the better of him. And newsflash, Alton Brown, Mediterranean and Italian are in fact two different cooking styles in terms of ingredients, sauces, and style.

And sea salt is generally understood to be evaporated from saltwater, while non-sea salt is mined. I think that it HAD been a sea thousands, if not millions, of years ago is moot.

Rex
08-08-2011, 03:10 AM
Mary Beth's camera-ready personality and food knowledge seemed to be tempered by the mediocre quality of her food. A pity, 'cause she would have been great on the network. I bet she gets one of those "eating across the USA" shows either on FN or Cooking Channel.

I'm not impressed with the final three at all.

I don't know when Alton Brown has bothered me more. I think sometime during that Feasting On.....series, his snarky know-it-all nerd schtick started to grate on me. Tonight he was really bothersome.

Matryeshka
08-08-2011, 03:31 AM
He's a pretentious twit. A pretentious twit that uses sock puppets. He got caught up in his own persona as the science foodie. I still love his earlier episodes where it really was about education and why food does the things it does, but now, it's about showing off. He does things no normal person, gourmet or gourmand, would do.

Rex
08-08-2011, 03:47 AM
He's a pretentious twit. A pretentious twit that uses sock puppets. He got caught up in his own persona as the science foodie. I still love his earlier episodes where it really was about education and why food does the things it does, but now, it's about showing off. He does things no normal person, gourmet or gourmand, would do.

I haven't seen recent eps of his show....I prefer to catch the older ones when I can.

orbitz
08-08-2011, 03:55 AM
I don't know if I would say that Mary Beth has a "camera-ready personality". I find the way she delivers her explanations to be somewhat snooty, like she knows how wonderful and clever her explanations are while she's doling them out. I find Susie much more approachable. I would watch Susize and change the channel when Mary Beth is on.

Lanie
08-08-2011, 05:17 AM
I usually like Alton but my God is he annoying me. I want to just *head desk*

skatesindreams
08-08-2011, 02:30 PM
FN needs someone like Mary Beth to "transition" into Alton's "expert" role.
He was originally a producer, not an "on-air" personality.

I expect that she will have a place on the network.
Bob really likes her.

I don't think that Vic's "Momma's Boy" persona; or Jeff's "Sandwich King" concept have the potential for long-term success.

Allen
08-08-2011, 03:34 PM
I don't think that Vic's "Momma's Boy" persona; or Jeff's "Sandwich King" concept have the potential for long-term success.

Me neither. I don't think Vic has long-term success potential at all, but I could see Jeff doing something along the lines of Diners, Drive-ins, and Drives or Kind in a Candy Store.

I'm hoping Mary Beth ends up with a show about high end restaurants. I would like to know what's going on in high end cuisine around the country.

skatesindreams
08-08-2011, 03:54 PM
I'm hoping Mary Beth ends up with a show about high end restaurants. I would like to know what's going on in high end cuisine around the country.

As would I!

I'm sorry that Mary Beth had to deal with Penny during the Iron Chef challenge.
She would rattle even the most secure contestant.

Allen
08-08-2011, 03:56 PM
I'm sorry that Mary Beth had to deal with Penny during the Iron Chef challenge.
She would rattle even the most secure contestant.

I'm glad, though, that the judges recognized how Penny acted.