PDA

View Full Version : Next Food Network Star, Season 7

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

her grace
07-11-2011, 04:33 PM
Chris is entertainment. He won't win, but he keeps the show interesting. Obviously, it's not about his cooking. And there are so few guys left, I also think he gets a pass for that reason.

skatesindreams
07-11-2011, 04:42 PM
They might already have a "niche" in mind for him,
Several of the "non-winners" now have shows of their own.

Sad that Orchid is gone, also.

Catherine M
07-11-2011, 05:11 PM
Chris is entertainment. He won't win, but he keeps the show interesting. Obviously, it's not about his cooking. And there are so few guys left, I also think he gets a pass for that reason.

That's what I was thinking last night after he bombed with his lobster/cream cheese mess that he would be ok based upon the fact that the male/female ratio was getting out of hand. And sure enough, he was safe and Mary Beth, Whitney & Orchid were all in the bottom three.

I can see Vic getting a show, even if he doesn't win. Maybe Jeff too.

jeffisjeff
07-11-2011, 06:13 PM
At this rate, Penny is going to end up winning just because her food is so consistently good. Apparently, nobody at FN cares if she is nasty. That little speech she got last night about the Food Network being a family was like a slap on the wrist with a wink of an eye. Apparently people are turning in just to see if Penny will finally be sent packing, so they'll keep her around as long as possible. :wall:

KHenry14
07-11-2011, 07:13 PM
All you need to know about Penny's chances are to look at the past winners. Penny bears no resemblance to Aarti or Melissa, or Guy for that matter. It doesn't matter if she can cook, nobody wants to watch a show that that woman would host.

As I said in a previous post, she's being kept around because she's good TV, not because she has a chance to win.

BTW, it's hard to believe but Vic's chances have increased dramatically over the weeks. Who'd a thunk that would happen after the first two ep's.

caseyedwards
07-11-2011, 07:16 PM
I think the guy came up with "Balls on a roll" should have been in the bottom three. His whole concept repulsed people! Imagine if an episode of his show was like that. You can't have a host whose ideas repulse people from the start! No one wanted to even taste the teams balls. And why would they! Though I would have gone for a meatball hero!

Aceon6
07-11-2011, 07:19 PM
I think the guy came up with "Balls on a roll" should have been in the bottom three. His whole concept repulsed people! Imagine if an episode of his show was like that. You can't have a host whose ideas repulse people from the start! No one wanted to even taste the teams balls. And why would they! Though I would have gone for a meatball hero!

Agree. I was surprised that neither of the women proposed any alternatives. They could have used the word round or sphere or orb and still kept the theme.

Rex
07-11-2011, 07:26 PM

He got pretty testy. :slinkaway
There was a vas deferens between his concept and the others. Double :slinkaway

Lanie
07-11-2011, 08:17 PM
He got pretty testy. :slinkaway
There was a vas deferens between his concept and the others. Double :slinkaway

:rofl: you are amazing, Rex! Thumbs up!

skatesindreams
07-11-2011, 08:31 PM
I won't watch a show hosted by Penny or Chris.

Jenna
07-11-2011, 09:40 PM
Orchid went home because instead of showing improvement over the course of the show, she actually regressed. She was one of my favorites in the beginning, but it was her time to go.

emason
07-11-2011, 10:57 PM
Orchid went home because instead of showing improvement over the course of the show, she actually regressed. She was one of my favorites in the beginning, but it was her time to go.

Not before Whitney, it wasn't.

Jenna
07-12-2011, 07:50 PM
Yeah, I think it was. I really think Whitney has potential. Up until this week, the judges have enjoyed her food and I think there is on camera potential too.

Catherine M
07-12-2011, 07:58 PM
Of those left, Here's how I would rank them from "I'll tune in to watch every week" to "You couldn't pay me a million bucks to watch":

1. Vic
2. Jeff
3. Susie

Gap

4. Whitney
5. Mary Beth
6. Jyll; something about her bugs

Huge gap

7. Chris

Gap the size of the Grand Canyon

8. Penny

Jenna
07-13-2011, 03:32 AM
Here's mine:

1. Susie (she has it all, pleasant, pretty, Latin POV which is new for FN, delicious food according to the judges - and it looks good too!)
2. Jyll (made huge strides this past week IMO)
3. Vic
4. Whitney
5. Mary Beth
6. Jeff
7. Penny
8. Chris - just don't care for him.