View Full Version : Next Food Network Star, Season 7

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

DarrellH
07-06-2011, 08:18 PM
LOL, like it's his job to do this for poor us? :P

Let them eat 7-Layer cake!

Scintillation
07-07-2011, 05:25 AM
According to his website, he has opened a specialty food store (http://www.tylerflorence.com/#shop) in California. He sells some expensive stuff in there from what I can see. I wonder if you can't buy some of those things at Wal-Mart for much cheaper. But it gives a person foodie street cred if they say they got it from Tyler Florence's shop. I know some people who have met him say he and his Mrs. are not so nice to "common people", and others who say he couldn't be sweeter. But you know how I HATE gossip, so.....

I'm dying to make one of his dishes....can't wait. Has he made poutine yet? I bet his version rocks.

Speaking of your hatred for gossip, I'm curious what your opinions are on the Giada rumors. Thats the juicy FN stuff. Oh, Giada. Keep it in your pants, please.

And Chuck has indeed made both regular poutine and a lobster poutine. His gravy looked divine for both. I'm actually planning on making his summer berry pudding next, it looks SO GOOD.

Reuven
07-07-2011, 11:02 AM
Speaking of your hatred for gossip, I'm curious what your opinions are on the Giada rumors. Thats the juicy FN stuff. Oh, Giada. Keep it in your pants, please.
Might be more fitting to ask she keep 'em in her blouse....even though they are barely contained as it is. ;)

Rex
07-07-2011, 02:19 PM
Speaking of your hatred for gossip, I'm curious what your opinions are on the Giada rumors. Thats the juicy FN stuff. Oh, Giada. Keep it in your pants, please. I used to like Giada until I read a NY Post interview with her; she came across as a narcisisstic bint. And her revamped show was so boring and the food was so pedestrian. As far as the rumors go, I don't know. If they are true, she's lost even more points with me. Not for the cheating per se, but for cheating with three men in succession, one of them being uberdouche John Mayer. I despised him even before his unfortunate Playboy interview.

And Chuck has indeed made both regular poutine and a lobster poutine. His gravy looked divine for both. I'm actually planning on making his summer berry pudding next, it looks SO GOOD. The berry pudding with the bread layers? That looked great! I'd like to try that myself. I hope he writes a cookbook...

Scintillation
07-07-2011, 06:23 PM
Might be more fitting to ask she keep 'em in her blouse....even though they are barely contained as it is. ;)

Too true. I agree about the food on her new show too, it looks so :blah:. Plus I've always hated her overuse of store bought bread crumbs. Such a blasť choice. That being said, I used to like her and I have made some of her dishes and they mostly all turned out well. However, I generally put in about 2-3 times more garlic than she does. I feel like sending Lidia Bastianich over to her kitchen to show her how a tomato sauce is really done. 1 clove of garlic? Chick, PLEASE. Try 6.

I swear though, if she really did bang John Mayer...:scream: Ew. Ewwwwww.

Also, very much looking forward to Bobby's eye-rolling moment this week at the judges table. I hope hope it means Penny is FINALLY gone.

skatesindreams
07-07-2011, 06:34 PM
Also, very much looking forward to Bobby's eye-rolling moment this week at the judges table. I hope hope it means Penny is FINALLY gone.

That would be too much to hope for.

Rex
07-11-2011, 02:31 AM
The food truck concept is on now. Looks like one team is bombing because their theme is balls? :wtf: I just tuned in ten minutes ago - I keep forgetting the fecking show is on!!!!

Matryeshka
07-11-2011, 02:35 AM
They had to shoot a commercial based on their food truck theme, and then the people chose which truck they wanted based solely on what they saw in the ad.

It was horrible. The worst part wasn't the ball theme, though that was bad enough, but the execution. If you're going to go with balls, you have to go with it all the way and they didn't. Foodwise, I think all the trucks are about the same--two good, one not so good.

Rex
07-11-2011, 02:53 AM
They had to shoot a commercial based on their food truck theme, and then the people chose which truck they wanted based solely on what they saw in the ad.

It was horrible. The worst part wasn't the ball theme, though that was bad enough, but the execution. If you're going to go with balls, you have to go with it all the way and they didn't. Foodwise, I think all the trucks are about the same--two good, one not so good.

It bugs me that Penny had one of the best dishes in this comp.
I see they have scaled the show back to a 60-minute format as well.

Catherine M
07-11-2011, 02:59 AM
Awww, Orchid is going home.

Next week looks like a trainwreck!

Rex
07-11-2011, 03:31 AM
Awww, Orchid is going home.

Next week looks like a trainwreck!

I know. I liked Orchid.

Scintillation
07-11-2011, 03:39 AM
CRAP I forgot to watch this week. Orchid went home?? Not Penny?? Ugh. Just ugh.

Matryeshka
07-11-2011, 03:48 AM
I liked Orchid too. She's one of the few in that competition I'd actually watch. She suffered from doing too well at the beginning. FN has a bad habit of kicking off candidates who are promising at first.

Based on the comments, I can't believe Whitney's still there after this week.

Tesla
07-11-2011, 04:01 AM
I want to know why Chris wasn't in the bottom. Giada called his dish nasty, and the judges had almost no lobster. I know Mary Beth's was bland, but at least it seemed edible. His did not. Chris should've gone home.

Aceon6
07-11-2011, 01:30 PM
I want to know why Chris wasn't in the bottom. Giada called his dish nasty, and the judges had almost no lobster. I know Mary Beth's was bland, but at least it seemed edible. His did not. Chris should've gone home.

IIRC, by this stage, it's less about the food, more about who FN thinks they can work with and do so cheaply. I may be reading too much into this, but they seem to be setting up Vic and Jyll as a possible team. None of the other guys are in it at this point. As for other women, they seem to really like Mary Beth, but she's got to stop reacting to Penny. Susie's the only other one that Bob seems remotely interested in.