PDA

View Full Version : So it seems we have mice...now what?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]

Anita18
06-13-2011, 06:38 PM
I suspect I have a mouse. This would be the first one I've encountered since I've lived here (just over a year). Just when I think I've gotten over the fear of living alone, something like this has to happen and set me back 20 steps. :lol: And I'm having a party on Saturday and now I've got to worry about a mouse. Or should I cancel the party? Ugh, I really miss living with my parents and have my dad deal with this kind of stuff. But I have to grow up and deal with it. No food on the countertop (which is where I found what I think are droppings). I do have a pantry, but if you can't keep food in there to ward off mice then what's the point of having one? I hope I can get rid of it before the party on Saturday. I just am so afraid to see a living one, let alone a dead one that I'll have to dispose of.
We haven't seen any droppings or mice (even dead mice in the trap) for about a week now. The trap is still set on our countertop, I don't know what to do with it now. :lol:

My aunt had trouble with mice and they got so bold that we had regular sightings during the day. But most of the time I think they only come out at night or at least when it's dark, so I don't think you should have anything to fear if there's going to be a party at your place.

Or maybe our mouse is trying to be on the safe side since we do have a cat and the place we saw the droppings was mere feet from the litter box. :P But then again, nothing in the traps so far and it's been about a week.

Satellitegirl
06-13-2011, 07:15 PM
The mice are evolving, and learning to avoid traps. It will be like the raptors in Jurassic Park, that learn to turn door handles :rofl:

GarrAarghHrumph
06-13-2011, 08:03 PM
I suspect I have a mouse. This would be the first one I've encountered since I've lived here (just over a year). Just when I think I've gotten over the fear of living alone, something like this has to happen and set me back 20 steps. :lol: And I'm having a party on Saturday and now I've got to worry about a mouse. Or should I cancel the party?

Why would you cancel the party for a mouse? I mean, unless you're having the party *for* the mouse and the mouse has let you know that he can't possibly attend... ;)

Seriously, though - no need to cancel the party for a mouse. It's not an issue for most people, and the mouse will likely make himself scarce during the hubub of the event itself.

If you are highly uncomfortable with the mouse issue, and you have some funds, you could contact an exterminator and have him handle the issue for you.

Rex
06-13-2011, 08:24 PM
The mice are evolving, and learning to avoid traps. It will be like the raptors in Jurassic Park, that learn to turn door handles :rofl:

:rofl:

They already use my stove - I found some tiny little mouse cookbooks.

sk8pics
06-14-2011, 12:31 AM
Why would you cancel the party for a mouse? I mean, unless you're having the party *for* the mouse and the mouse has let you know that he can't possibly attend... ;)
:lol::rofl::rofl: You nearly owed me one new keyboard as I'm finishing my dinner right now...

Japanfan
06-14-2011, 05:21 AM

:rofl::rofl:

Seriously, though - no need to cancel the party for a mouse. It's not an issue for most people, and the mouse will likely make himself scarce during the hubub of the event itself.

I wouldn't worry about it either. The noise and activity will scare the mouse away. I wouldn't even worry about putting food out in the kitchen. Just clean up well afterwards.

If you are highly uncomfortable with the mouse issue, and you have some funds, you could contact an exterminator and have him handle the issue for you.[/QUOTE]

Nomad
06-14-2011, 06:23 AM
:rofl:

They already use my stove - I found some tiny little mouse cookbooks.

Sandra Lee's Murine Cuisine: 101 Fun and Fabulous Ways to Use Velveeta?

Satellitegirl
06-14-2011, 08:10 AM

LOL, nice.

Rex
06-14-2011, 03:43 PM

LOL, nice.

:lol:
Her food could either be a poison...........or a repellent.....