PDA

View Full Version : Adele - North American Tour Cancelled

CarolineBingley
06-03-2011, 07:44 PM
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/adele-cancels-north-american-tour-194744

I'm so bummed for her and me! I've been looking forward to seeing her for months :(

PeterG
06-03-2011, 07:47 PM
I heard the tour was cancelled due to pressure from the anti-NRA movement.

That might be a rumour, however. Couldn't find a link.

BigB08822
06-03-2011, 07:58 PM
I am sure she will reschedule these shows, it just may be a while. She is only on her first single in the US so she has tons of time left to tour this album.

What does the NRA have to do with anything? The comment she made about taxes and shooting people? I would be surprised if a quote cancels an entire tour. Celebrities make a living out of causing a stir. To be honest, I have only heard a few mentions of her comment and most people I know, even fans of hers, know nothing about it. I didn't think it made all the media rounds but maybe I missed it.

Lanie
06-03-2011, 08:19 PM
I'm glad I didn't get tickets, as much as I was tempted. Sucks for those who did. :(

Allskate
06-03-2011, 08:40 PM
I was supposed to see her tomorrow. :( It was my birthday present.

But, honestly, I'd prefer that she postpone the tour than sing like crap and do something that it is not healthy for her. It's supposed to be pouring rain tomorrow and it's an outdoor venue, so it probably is for the best that she not perform in that kind of weather.

Brian, as usual, I think Peter was being a smartass. :lol:

BigB08822
06-03-2011, 08:48 PM
I never know with Peter! Damn you, Peter, damn you!

vesperholly
06-03-2011, 09:23 PM
At least this is a better reason than why she canceled her last tour - didn't want to be away from her boyfriend. :rolleyes:

overedge
06-03-2011, 09:52 PM
At least this is a better reason than why she canceled her last tour - didn't want to be away from her boyfriend. :rolleyes:

But that also turned out well in a backwards kind of way, because then she went through all the crap with him that she turned into great songs :)

BigB08822
06-03-2011, 11:10 PM

LOL, really? She was/is incredibly young but it is also a well known fact she is insanely stage frightened. I bet her boyfriend was a good excuse to not have to face her fears. I wonder if that plays even a small part in this, as well. I hope she grows out of that as her career develops.

vesperholly
06-03-2011, 11:47 PM
But that also turned out well in a backwards kind of way, because then she went through all the crap with him that she turned into great songs :)

Isn't that usually the case? :lol:

genevieve
06-04-2011, 01:29 AM

But, honestly, I'd prefer that she postpone the tour than sing like crap and do something that it is not healthy for her.
Aw, that sucks! But you're right - when a singer's extraordinary voice is the main draw, it would be worse to go and have her rasp through the show.

PeterG
06-04-2011, 03:42 AM
I never know with Peter! Damn you, Peter, damn you!

:P

:lol:

CarolineBingley
06-04-2011, 08:29 AM

But, honestly, I'd prefer that she postpone the tour than sing like crap and do something that it is not healthy for her. It's supposed to be pouring rain tomorrow and it's an outdoor venue, so it probably is for the best that she not perform in that kind of weather.

Brian, as usual, I think Peter was being a smartass. :lol:

I was too! Not a birthday present. I hope the reschedule isn't too far off, and that she takes care of herself in whatever ways to heal her vocal chords, and overcome her fears.

CantALoop
06-04-2011, 08:39 AM
Maybe she's exhausted from being overtaxed. :P

milanessa
06-04-2011, 11:02 AM
Oh no! She's got to tour to make the money to pay all those taxes.