PDA

View Full Version : Bradley Cooper speaks fluent French on French TV

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

HisWeirness
06-03-2011, 02:57 PM
:swoon:

:rofl: that the movie is apparently "Very Bad Trip 2" in France. :lol:

I appreciate in the Hangover movies that they keep him looking :smokin: while Ed Helms is always missing a tooth or has a crazy tattoo ;)

WindSpirit
06-03-2011, 03:00 PM
When I was in college, I thought it was such a pain in the *ss that I had to take 4 semesters of a foreign language. The only German I can remember now is "Sprechen Sie Deutsch?", LOL. Now I wish I had put more effort into it, because I do admire people that are fluent in more than one languages. You can still learn! Do it, it's amazing to be able to communicate in another language. Not to mention, think in it.

As for Bradley Cooper speaking French, his heavy American accent kind of ruined it. But then again, neither the French language nor Bradley Cooper himself do much for me. :shuffle: (yes, I'm weird)

allezfred
06-03-2011, 03:02 PM
:rofl: that the movie is apparently "Very Bad Trip 2" in France. :lol:

That was my initial reaction too. :lol:

But is it really that surprising that someone who studied a language in college/university can speak it? :shuffle:

Jackie Sparrow
06-03-2011, 03:06 PM
As for Bradley Cooper speaking French, his heavy American accent kind of ruined it. But then again, neither the French language nor Bradley Cooper himself do much for me. :shuffle: (yes, I'm weird) Of all Americans I ever heard speak or try to speak French, this was by far one of the best. I am actually quite impressed by his accent.

joeperryfan
06-03-2011, 03:11 PM
As for Bradley Cooper speaking French, his heavy American accent kind of ruined it.
If that's what you think of Bradley's accent then don't ever listen to a Vanessa James' interview. I just did and I still haven't recovered. Compared to hr Bradley Cooper has no accent, I'm just saying...

Veronika
06-03-2011, 03:14 PM
That was my initial reaction too. :lol:

But is it really that surprising that someone who studied a language in college/university can speak it? :shuffle:

If you live in the US, yes. But I don't want to start that language argument again... :shuffle:

Satellitegirl
06-03-2011, 03:14 PM
I love Bradley Cooper as an actor, and loved him on Alias especially, but I don't find him all that attractive.

Wyliefan
06-03-2011, 03:19 PM
I took French in second grade (my school had a big French program for some reason) and loved it, but I haven't taken it since. I'm toying with the idea of taking it again, though. I saw Cyrano at the Folger Theatre last week, and have been thinking ever since how much fun it would be to read it in the original French! :lol: Maybe not much of a reason to learn a language, but . . .

genegri
06-03-2011, 03:45 PM
Sigh, just as one comment says, life is so unfair!

Slightly off topic, doesn't Jodie Foster speak very good French?

allezfred
06-03-2011, 03:47 PM
Slightly off topic, doesn't Jodie Foster speak very good French?

Yes, she went to a French school in LA, I believe.

cailuj365
06-03-2011, 04:38 PM
Bradley Cooper's accent is very good for an American. I wouldn't call that a "heavy American" accent at all. The phrases he uses are simple and he makes small mistakes here and there, but he speaks easily and without hesitation. And besides, Cooper is 36, so college was 14 years ago for him. If you don't use French at all afterward (and it's not like there are a lot of opportunities to speak French in America), it would have been easy to lose fluency. I would guess that he has a French friend or someone that he can practice his French with.

Jodie Foster, on the other hand, is pretty much bilingual (recent French interview (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3TvLSvvKMc)). She attended a French immersion high school in Los Angeles and spent a lot of time in France in her youth.

Kristen Scott Thomas is also bilingual, but she has lived in France since she was 19. Evangeline Lilly is also good, but not quite fluent.

WindSpirit
06-03-2011, 05:22 PM
Bradley Cooper's accent is very good for an American. I wouldn't call that a "heavy American" accent at all. The phrases he uses are simple and he makes small mistakes here and there, but he speaks easily and without hesitation. And besides, Cooper is 36, so college was 14 years ago for him. If you don't use French at all afterward (and it's not like there are a lot of opportunities to speak French in America), it would have been easy to lose fluency. I would guess that he has a French friend or someone that he can practice his French with. I commented on his accent, not his fluency in French or lack of thereof. I couldn't tell as I don't speak French at all. I did notice his accent, though. It's not that he has a heavy accent when he speaks English. But when he speaks French his pitch is the same as if he was speaking English. Which is very different from French. I don't know how to explain it better. To me, it was distracting. It's as if he was speaking English but I couldn't understand the words, my brain was getting confused. :lol:

dbell1
06-03-2011, 06:02 PM
I don't think they ever had him speak French on Alias...am I wrong? Any fans here?

I've always thought he was hot, and this makes him hotter. :)

Never French on Alias. He was normal there, except for when he was getting beat up, or forced into witness protection, or killing Evil Francie (who never stayed dead)... Loved seasons 1 & 2 of that show, but 3, 4 and especially 5 were horrid.

Tinami Amori
06-03-2011, 06:10 PM
Bradley Cooper speaks fluent French on French TV

Who is Bradley Cooper? And if he is a TV or a Movie actor then WHY is speaking french "front page news"?

IceAlisa
06-03-2011, 06:11 PM
Pas mal du tout, M. Cooper.