PDA

View Full Version : Crone & Poirier split

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

Lanna
06-03-2011, 01:43 AM
:shuffle: I don't think that is what the song is called...

She's Baba O'Riley's cousin, or something like that. ;)

(Or maybe O'Bama's... :shuffle:)

beepbeep
06-03-2011, 01:44 AM
... Isn't Paul trained as a singles skater? Maybe he can switch to pairs and skate with Caitlin Yankowskas. Kidding lol! But a girl can dream right?

He does have all the triples. And partnering siklls to boot. It would be a matter of learning to do the lifts (wait, weren't Paul and Vanessa traying to do all the disciplines when they were younger, for the sake of it??).

I know it's rather simplistic, but it could happen (the pairing with Yankowkas thing). Yeah, I know, dream on...

flowerpower
06-03-2011, 01:52 AM
^
He's only about 5' 7". And a wonderful ice dancer. So a new dance partner, please!

SamuraiK
06-03-2011, 02:06 AM
While they weren't at the top of the heap, Wing/Lowe went to Zueva/Shpilband and they beat out a young but highly lauded Virtue/Moir for the second spot at the 2006 Olympics.

Faiella/Scali were in 8th and 9th for a handful of years, finally making it to 5th, and then were back to 8th in 2009, only to win world bronze in 2010 after switching to Linichuk. Like Denkova/Staviski, though, they didn't have to deal with the pecking order in their country after 2002, apart from F/P-M's Stare in Torino.

Wing & Lowe were never really dumped because they were never on top , they were always a second rate team who got their fluke and managed to hold very young V&M for the olympic team.

Faiella&Scali 2009 worlds result was mainly for them screwing up big time, he fell on the short and their FD was a mess, they still had the politik-PCS behind them.

I forgot Bourne & Kraatz, they DO count. they survived a whole quadrenial after Nagano out of the podium to get the gold in their final year, only I never thought of them as being dumped rather than finally being judged correctly..:shuffle::o

MR-FAN
06-03-2011, 02:23 AM
Da Hell? DA HELL???

Sulphur
06-03-2011, 02:29 AM
I'm shocked! I love this team and was hoping to see them come back strong next season.. :( I will miss them tremendously, they had such innovative programs. I do hope Paul can find a partner who is good enough for him.. I'm not saying Vanessa wasn't good enough, just that it's often very hard to find a partner of matching talent in icedance.. more often so for a more established skater like Paul. It wouldn't be fair for him and for us skating fans to be deprived of his performing next season!

fan
06-03-2011, 02:49 AM
ok, here are the females listed on ice partner search (senior, dance, CND) - do any make sense for PP?

Chanelle Biggan
Mélissande Dumas
Natalie Feigin
Rebecca Fowler
Marianne Gola
Josianne Gonthier
Laura Holbrough
Jess Hynes
Judith Jean Lachapelle
Stefanie Kim
Carolyn MacCuish
Kate McCall
Brandy Naugler
Meredith Ovenden
Karen Routhier
Jazz Smyl Joly

blademate
06-03-2011, 02:49 AM
He does have all the triples. And partnering siklls to boot. It would be a matter of learning to do the lifts (wait, weren't Paul and Vanessa traying to do all the disciplines when they were younger, for the sake of it??).

I know it's rather simplistic, but it could happen (the pairing with Yankowkas thing). Yeah, I know, dream on...

unfortunately, paul is a reverse jumper so even if he were tall enough, he still would not be yankowskas ideal partner most likely :(

i vote for poirier/chock or perhaps, terra findlay???

fan
06-03-2011, 02:54 AM
does rachel kirkland have a new partner?

blue_idealist
06-03-2011, 02:56 AM
Poirier with Madison Chock would be good. I guess Rachel Kirkland might work, too. Paul and Caitlin Yankowskas would NOT work because Paul is WAY too small to be in pairs.

Rafter
06-03-2011, 03:05 AM
How tall is Kirkland? I feel like she'd be too tall for him but I don't know. She'd have major work to do to catch up to his level. She was on icepartnersearch after Canadians with Carol Lane as her coach (previously it was Julie Marcotte) and I notice she's no longer on there.

Is Findlay still skating with that Ukrainian guy?

Doubt SC will release Poirier and doubt the USFSA will release Chock so that's a non-starter IMO. Plus they'd have to sit out a year.

emilieh
06-03-2011, 03:07 AM
I've heard that Kirkland has a partner, and I don't think any of the girls on the list are at Poirier's level, but of the ones on the list, I think MacCuish would have the most potential.

A Chock/Poirier team would make sense in terms of skill level, but it would be 4 years before they could skate internationally, unless one of the countries agrees to a release. There has not been a precedent in the past for either the U.S. or Canada easily giving up international medalists.

I am really sorry to see Crone and Poirier split, they have had some of my favourite programs in recent years and I always loved watching them, since they were juniors. I wish both of them the best and hope to see Paul back on the ice.

Fan1961
06-03-2011, 03:08 AM
does rachel kirkland have a new partner?

Rachel is partnering with Christopher Lettner

casken
06-03-2011, 03:09 AM
They were my favorite team since DelSchoes retired, so it figures horrible things would happen to them.

In the past 3 seasons they had more original, thoughtful, and creative choreography in both their FDs AND ODs than many more successful teams had over their entire careers. It's a shame they'll be remembered most for this year's programs that never reached quite the same level as the past two years. F*cking Christopher Dean. Sorry, but he drags everyone he works with down. :rolleyes: I'll try to look on the bright side that at least they won't have to follow the same path of getting passed by generic Shpilband/Morozov crap like DelSchoes. :rolleyes:

I'm glad to hear Paul is looking to continue. Hopefully he finds a smaller and more elegant partner, and continues with C&P's coaching team.

Their 2010 World FD (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rkk-Sy2_Kjc) will always be my favorite.

Rafter
06-03-2011, 03:14 AM
and these comments from someone who professes to be the guardian angel against negativity?

It's called sarcasm. :P