PDA

View Full Version : Crone & Poirier split

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

allezfred
06-08-2011, 07:10 PM
Wasn't an equal trade. So sick of people comparing Tanith to Kaitlyn. Let's see... someone who lived in and committed themselves, along with their entire family, to the new country for years and years before getting citizenship... as opposed to someone who fled their family, and jumped the line in three years, just to try and make an Olympics, and hasn't done anything substantial. 4CC's... woopty do. Then hotness and drama factor... Kaitlyn can't even compare to Tanith (a Ford model). Anyways, C/P retirement will benefit W/P so maybe they'll finally make it to their Olys and Kaitlyn's country hopping will have been worth it, because I almost weeped at her citizenship ceremony speech... :rolleyes: And just to remind everyone, about what is being so-called Kaitlyn's "sacrifice" - all she did was move away, which skaters in this country do all the time. She did not give up her American citizenship and retains dual citizenship, just like Tanith. It's not like she's never coming back home to Texas. Not to mention - B/A broke down the door for all NA teams, and Kaitlyn isn't fit to even kiss Tanith's toe picks.

So you're not a fan of Kaitlyn then?

dramagrrl
06-08-2011, 07:16 PM
They skated two excellent programs at Worlds and should have been on the podium.
You're joking, right? Seriously? You seriously think W&P should have been on the podium at Worlds? :eek: :lol:

Habs
06-08-2011, 07:38 PM
I agree.

I think they should stick with Christopher Dean as their choreographer, but change coaches. I think they should train at a different club, but in the same city. I think they should live in the same house, but on different floors. I think he should always wear black and she should wear flowery pastels. I think they should get married (it will help with chemistry and PR) and have 1.5 children after the next Olympics, only to return for the following Olympics, where they should win Gold at each games.

I have a lot of other opinions of what they should do throughout their entire lives, but I'll facebook them with future requirements.

:rofl:

BlueRidge
06-08-2011, 07:42 PM
Wasn't an equal trade. So sick of people comparing Tanith to Kaitlyn. Let's see... someone who lived in and committed themselves, along with their entire family, to the new country for years and years before getting citizenship... as opposed to someone who fled their family, and jumped the line in three years, just to try and make an Olympics, and hasn't done anything substantial. 4CC's... woopty do. Then hotness and drama factor... Kaitlyn can't even compare to Tanith (a Ford model). Anyways, C/P retirement will benefit W/P so maybe they'll finally make it to their Olys and Kaitlyn's country hopping will have been worth it, because I almost weeped at her citizenship ceremony speech... :rolleyes: And just to remind everyone, about what is being so-called Kaitlyn's "sacrifice" - all she did was move away, which skaters in this country do all the time. She did not give up her American citizenship and retains dual citizenship, just like Tanith. It's not like she's never coming back home to Texas. Not to mention - B/A broke down the door for all NA teams, and Kaitlyn isn't fit to even kiss Tanith's toe picks.

jilted lover? :shuffle:

beebee
06-08-2011, 08:09 PM

Wow--what in the world prompts such statements? This is the spewing of a lot of venom towards someone you most likely don't know and probably have never met (and who is a darn good ice dancer!)

beebee
06-08-2011, 08:14 PM
Shucks! Just noticed my post above was #100 for me. I'm a long time member but don't post much. Too bad I posted #100 responding to something so negative. But leafygreens--your post about Kaitlyn was just so mean-spirited.

AJ Skatefan
06-08-2011, 08:22 PM
I'm still failing to see the difference between Tanith going to the US to skate and getting citizenship and Kaitlyn going to Canada to skate and getting citizenship. Not comparing their talents as skaters at all but the situations. They both took advantage of opportunities and it's worked out well for them.

AJ Skatefan
06-08-2011, 08:24 PM
I agree.

I think they should stick with Christopher Dean as their choreographer, but change coaches. I think they should train at a different club, but in the same city. I think they should live in the same house, but on different floors. I think he should always wear black and she should wear flowery pastels. I think they should get married (it will help with chemistry and PR) and have 1.5 children after the next Olympics, only to return for the following Olympics, where they should win Gold at each games.

I have a lot of other opinions of what they should do throughout their entire lives, but I'll facebook them with future requirements.

I think we should elect Peter the boss of all the skaters! :rofl:

maggylyn
06-08-2011, 08:47 PM
I agree.

:lol:

Just make sure your facebook posts are public so we can all like/dislike and add to all the constructive advice.

:2faced:

Sparks
06-08-2011, 09:13 PM

Yes, and maybe the boss of certain negative posters!

The Observer
06-08-2011, 09:33 PM
If they both want to keep skating, I think Skate Canada should sit down with them and encourage them to stick together and give it another go.

shan
06-08-2011, 10:34 PM
I agree.

I have to quit reading your posts when I have just taken a drink. :rofl: You had me believing you were serious, but kind of strange until the same house different floors comment. :lol: :lol:

The Observer
06-08-2011, 10:37 PM
I found an interview with Paul on YouTube I hadn't seen before. It's quite extensive, and it's in French. (Paul is amazingly fluent in languages!)

Looks like it was done in Jan 2011. At the 2 minute mark he talks about Vanessa and says she is like his sister and that he's known her for the majority of his life:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYWp9JqOd2Y

professordeb
06-08-2011, 10:58 PM
Hmmmm ... I'm not clear on dual citizenship thing.
I always thought you could hold dual in Canada but not in the U.S.
If that's true, then Tanith "gave up" more than Kaitlyn.
Regardless, I've enjoying watching both of them and refuse to be drawn into an argument over who gave up more.

Back on to topic ... I find it fishy (as in stinking and a bit rotten) that Vanessa has suddenly had a change of heart. I don't know why the supposed turnabout. I would have found the whole situation more believable if they had simply called it quits as far as being partners but still wanting to skate and looking for another partner. To "retire" as a skater and then "unretire" in such a short time and adding that you are looking for a new partner? Hmmmm ... yep, seems fishy to me! and a kick in the groin to Paul.

PeterG
06-08-2011, 11:43 PM

Harumph! One might assume from this post that I am not??? :huh:

If they both want to keep skating, I think Skate Canada should sit down with them and encourage them to stick together and give it another go.

and the gloves

are

off

;)