PDA

View Full Version : Crone & Poirier split

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

modern_muslimah
06-07-2011, 11:58 PM
PRESS RELEASE

We wish to inform all of our fans that we have decided to end our partnership. We will both seek new partners who are much less annoying, opinionated, stupid and bad-smelling.

"I hate his guts" spat Mary-Jane Pairs-Skater. "He's a filthy man-whore sure to die (hopefully sooner rather than later) from something surely infectious".

"Living Hell", Bob Partner-Less describes his time with Ms. Pairs-Skater. "Shrill-ness was surely her best quality. I'm hoping she loses her driver's license soon so that she has to take transit and will be much more likely to step in front of a moving bus".

Both former partners wish each other well in their future endeavours.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

The Observer
06-08-2011, 12:00 AM
If only skating broadcasts could be offered in 3D. :wideeyes::watch::grope::swoon::P

What is it about Paul's butt that makes it stand out to you?

I'm curious to know what its best features are so that I can examine it in greater detail on the next broadcast. :grope:

museksk8r
06-08-2011, 12:07 AM
What is it about Paul's butt that makes it stand out to you?

I'm curious to know what its best features are so that I can examine it in greater detail on the next broadcast. :grope:

:rofl: Is it bestowed upon him as a result of the fruits of his squatting labor or from the marvelous Greek gods . . . who knows? There's no other way to say it other than it deserves a place along the SBOF (Skating Butts of Fame) along with other ample reared men a la Robin Szolkowy, Yannick Ponsero, Brian Joubert, and Maxim Trankov. One thing's for sure, one will never have a lack of support to hold onto when the mood presents itself. ;) There's something about those French names, I guess (Joubert, Ponsero, Poirier). :grope::smokin::hat1:

Proustable
06-08-2011, 01:16 AM
You know that ending move in S/S's Pink Panther LP (where she goes through his legs)? I'm always worried she's gonna hit her head on the way through.

Don't judge me (he said on an internet message board).

Sparks
06-08-2011, 01:42 AM
:rofl: Is it bestowed upon him as a result of the fruits of his squatting labor or from the marvelous Greek gods . . . who knows? There's no other way to say it other than it deserves a place along the SBOF (Skating Butts of Fame) along with other ample reared men a la Robin Szolkowy, Yannick Ponsero, Brian Joubert, and Maxim Trankov. One thing's for sure, one will never have a lack of support to hold onto when the mood presents itself. ;) There's something about those French names, I guess (Joubert, Ponsero, Poirier). :grope::smokin::hat1:

Other notable butts: Brian Boitano and Anton S. :D

jl22aries
06-08-2011, 04:07 AM
You know that ending move in S/S's Pink Panther LP (where she goes through his legs)? I'm always worried she's gonna hit her head on the way through.

Don't judge me (he said on an internet message board).

This gave me such a good laugh. Really needed it. Oh just the image, the horror! How many points would that have cost them?

julieann
06-08-2011, 05:06 AM
PRESS RELEASE

We wish to inform all of our fans that we have decided to end our partnership. We will both seek new partners who are much less annoying, opinionated, stupid and bad-smelling.

"I hate his guts" spat Mary-Jane Pairs-Skater. "He's a filthy man-whore sure to die (hopefully sooner rather than later) from something surely infectious".

"Living Hell", Bob Partner-Less describes his time with Ms. Pairs-Skater. "Shrill-ness was surely her best quality. I'm hoping she loses her driver's license soon so that she has to take transit and will be much more likely to step in front of a moving bus".

Both former partners wish each other well in their future endeavours.

That is hilarious! :lol:

victoriajh
06-08-2011, 05:58 AM
Skate Canada has just posted the news on their facebook page.

http://www.facebook.com/skatecanada
It seems that she reconsidered?

now it makes no sense......if she was retiiring then ok but to retire and then reconcider? :confused:

julieann
06-08-2011, 07:19 AM
now it makes no sense......if she was retiring then ok but to retire and then reconcider? :confused:

When did she ever say she was retiring?

The Observer
06-08-2011, 07:48 AM
The original release made it sound like she was leaving the sport to go to university.

It's silly for them to skate with different people unless they have a major difference between them that has developed.

I can understand a partnership ending because one person leaves the sport and wants to move on to something else (eg. what happened with Keana McLaughlin), but in a case like this, they're best off skating with each other since it will be hard for them both to find someone else who is as good as their current partners.

Ziggy
06-08-2011, 03:02 PM
I would be disappointed if he skated under another flag. I hope he finds a partner here in Canada............there must be someone who's a good match.

There isn't anyone anywhere near his level in Canada.

Please, no Chock for him. Why does he need to drag someone across the ice for the rest of his career?

:rofl:

He's one of the best ice dancers out there. I can't think of any available suitable partners for him... :/

I vote Khoklova too. Although not going to happen since Zueva is paying her bills.

Do countries control skaters like this? I thought any skater could sit out one year and then skate for any country that they like... :confused:

Only if they get released by their federation.

What do you mean by this? At the GPF I thought they skated the FD very well and quite deserved their bronze medal. I guess you thought Bobrova & Soloviev should have won the bronze?

There were a lot of freak errors made by the other teams at the GPF.

This year, I thought the match-up was closer, especially since C&P had a weak OD and W&P had a very strong one, but I still think C&P were the clear winners at Canadians. They were just stronger overall skaters than W&P (especially Kaitlyn) are and maybe ever will be. Many in this thread have said that they always found something lacking with C&P; I feel the same about W&P. I like watching them, as they are clearly an attractive team with good lines and crowd-friendly programs, but I find their overall skating weak and was quite shocked to see them fifth at Worlds, even with clean skates.

Are you kidding? You are talking about Kaitlyn's skating being weak when Vanessa Crone was clearly the weakest female partner out of all the top teams? Her posture was always absolutely shocking and she was very stiff. And nowhere near Paul's ability.

As for Weaver/Poje, what exactly is weak about their skating? Yes, they have a lot of room to improve overall, but I can't see any major issues that need addressing (unlike with C/P). They skated two excellent programs at Worlds and should have been on the podium.

Yep. In tandem with some B&S and I&K overscoring, someone had to be emphatically dumped to achieve the "magic number" for Russia. ;)

You've got some nerve to talk about Russian teams being overscored when Shibutanis got on the podium.

But then I wouldn't expect anything less of you. :)

leafygreens
06-08-2011, 03:04 PM
Kaitlyn was the "player to be named later" in the Tanith Belbin trade.

Wasn't an equal trade. So sick of people comparing Tanith to Kaitlyn. Let's see... someone who lived in and committed themselves, along with their entire family, to the new country for years and years before getting citizenship... as opposed to someone who fled their family, and jumped the line in three years, just to try and make an Olympics, and hasn't done anything substantial. 4CC's... woopty do. Then hotness and drama factor... Kaitlyn can't even compare to Tanith (a Ford model). Anyways, C/P retirement will benefit W/P so maybe they'll finally make it to their Olys and Kaitlyn's country hopping will have been worth it, because I almost weeped at her citizenship ceremony speech... :rolleyes: And just to remind everyone, about what is being so-called Kaitlyn's "sacrifice" - all she did was move away, which skaters in this country do all the time. She did not give up her American citizenship and retains dual citizenship, just like Tanith. It's not like she's never coming back home to Texas. Not to mention - B/A broke down the door for all NA teams, and Kaitlyn isn't fit to even kiss Tanith's toe picks.

Proustable
06-08-2011, 03:28 PM
Ehh, Bourne/Kraatz broke down those doors earlier (Belbin cites Shae-Lynn as one of her admirers); both D/W and V/M's teaming up predates B/A's. But I do agree with you about the oddness in equating their situations.

On the other hand, given that we're pretending that partner searches are quid-pro-quo as opposed to completely unrelated to each other (generally, I'm sure there might be a contrary example), it seems a relatively minor issue and not worth foaming at the mouth over.

PeterG
06-08-2011, 05:45 PM
It's silly for them to skate with different people unless they have a major difference between them that has developed.

I can understand a partnership ending because one person leaves the sport and wants to move on to something else (eg. what happened with Keana McLaughlin), but in a case like this, they're best off skating with each other since it will be hard for them both to find someone else who is as good as their current partners.

I agree.

I think they should stick with Christopher Dean as their choreographer, but change coaches. I think they should train at a different club, but in the same city. I think they should live in the same house, but on different floors. I think he should always wear black and she should wear flowery pastels. I think they should get married (it will help with chemistry and PR) and have 1.5 children after the next Olympics, only to return for the following Olympics, where they should win Gold at each games.

I have a lot of other opinions of what they should do throughout their entire lives, but I'll facebook them with future requirements.

13KJC13
06-08-2011, 06:52 PM
I agree.

I think they should stick with Christopher Dean as their choreographer, but change coaches. I think they should train at a different club, but in the same city. I think they should live in the same house, but on different floors. I think he should always wear black and she should wear flowery pastels. I think they should get married (it will help with chemistry and PR) and have 1.5 children after the next Olympics, only to return for the following Olympics, where they should win Gold at each games.

I have a lot of other opinions of what they should do throughout their entire lives, but I'll facebook them with future requirements.

:lol::lol::lol: