PDA

View Full Version : Crone & Poirier split

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

overedge
06-07-2011, 07:06 PM
Hey you Canadians already got Kaitlyn Weaver from us so now it's your turn to give up one of your talented ice dancers to the USA! :D

You can have her back any time.

Let me save you W/P fans the trouble: :lynch:

PeterG
06-07-2011, 07:15 PM
Oh, OK. How about Shibutani/Poirier and Crone/Shibutani.

As long as Canada gets the team with the Shibutani in it.

:D

Dave of the North
06-07-2011, 08:33 PM
I got a spam email titled "Reliable partner, please reply" but it wasn't from Vanessa or Paul, so they are not desperate yet...:P

clarie
06-07-2011, 08:37 PM
Hey you Canadians already got Kaitlyn Weaver from us so now it's your turn to give up one of your talented ice dancers to the USA! :D

And where did Tanith Belbin come from?........even score :)

euterpe
06-07-2011, 09:17 PM
And where did Tanith Belbin come from?........even score :)

Not quite. Tanith teamed up with Ben when she was 13; although she was born in Canada, she never competed for Canada.

Kaitlin Weaver skated with Charles Clavey for the US in the 2005 JGP. Chuck decided to go to college, and Weaver then teamed with Poje to skate for Canada in the 2006 JGP.

Habs
06-07-2011, 09:21 PM
Not quite. Tanith teamed up with Ben when she was 13; although she was born in Canada, she never competed for Canada.

Technically, she did. She skated at Canadian Nationals as a novice in 1997. But I get what you're saying ;)

euterpe
06-07-2011, 09:31 PM
Skating at Nationals is not representing that country internationally. The Reeds won the 2006 US Novice Dance title, but went on to represent Japan. Other skaters have competed at Regionals and/or Sectionals in attempts to make it to Nationals, but then went on to represent other countries internationally. The most well-known: Ksenia Makarova (RUS), Anastasia Kononenko (UKR).

flowerpower
06-07-2011, 09:44 PM
Well, bottom line, Tanith took on American citizenship (becoming a dual citizen) to compete for the US, while Kaitlin took on Canadian citizenship (becoming a dual citizen) to compete for Canada.

Seems pretty much the same to me.

blue_idealist
06-07-2011, 10:53 PM
Well, here's another situation similar to a couple we've seen in the past month or two.. partners break up, one says they're retiring, but then reappears shortly after saying they are actually looking for a new partner. You don't have to sugarcoat it the first time, guys.

The Observer
06-07-2011, 11:20 PM
This really sucks. They were my favourite dance pair. Like most people, I wasn't expecting this. They had climbed so far and had so much potential.

Paul was my favourite of the pair though, so I'm glad he's continuing. He has great expression on the ice, as well as amazing extension and edges. I hope he will find a new partner.

He is also just so darn sweet. :)

PeterG
06-07-2011, 11:45 PM
Well, here's another situation similar to a couple we've seen in the past month or two.. partners break up, one says they're retiring, but then reappears shortly after saying they are actually looking for a new partner. You don't have to sugarcoat it the first time, guys.

PRESS RELEASE

We wish to inform all of our fans that we have decided to end our partnership. We will both seek new partners who are much less annoying, opinionated, stupid and bad-smelling.

"I hate his guts" spat Mary-Jane Pairs-Skater. "He's a filthy man-whore sure to die (hopefully sooner rather than later) from something surely infectious".

"Living Hell", Bob Partner-Less describes his time with Ms. Pairs-Skater. "Shrill-ness was surely her best quality. I'm hoping she loses her driver's license soon so that she has to take transit and will be much more likely to step in front of a moving bus".

Both former partners wish each other well in their future endeavours.

The Observer
06-07-2011, 11:49 PM
I hope I get to see his butt on screen again soon :swoon:

Yes, I guess Paul does kind of have a cute butt.

WildRose
06-07-2011, 11:52 PM
PRESS RELEASE

We wish to inform all of our fans that we have decided to end our partnership. We will both seek new partners who are much less annoying, opinionated, stupid and bad-smelling.

"I hate his guts" spat Mary-Jane Pairs-Skater. "He's a filthy man-whore sure to die (hopefully sooner rather than later) from something surely infectious".

"Living Hell", Bob Partner-Less describes his time with Ms. Pairs-Skater. "Shrill-ness was surely her best quality. I'm hoping she loses her driver's license soon so that she has to take transit and will be much more likely to step in front of a moving bus".

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

museksk8r
06-07-2011, 11:52 PM
Yes, I guess Paul does kind of have a cute butt.

If only skating broadcasts could be offered in 3D. :wideeyes::watch::grope::swoon::P

MikiAndoFan#1
06-07-2011, 11:55 PM
PRESS RELEASE

:lol: :rofl: