PDA

View Full Version : Crone & Poirier split

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

Eden
06-03-2011, 11:36 PM
Sorry to hear about Poirier & Chock split. :(
Good luck to both of them!

madm
06-03-2011, 11:37 PM
Chock is a World Junior Champion..and if my mind serves me...didn't Vlassov and Meekins hit a roadblock with USFS because of their World Junior title when they wished to change some status....or was that Morgan Matthews

As I recall, when Vlassov and Meekins split (because he dislocated his shoulder doing a lift), Julia looked for a new partner, and one of the possibilities was Niklas Hogner from Sweden (who had split with Angelika Pylkina). Neither could get citizenship in each other's countries, so that was one big issue. Another issue was whether or not USFS would release her to skate for another country - I don't know if USFS made a decision about this before she decided to turn professional and skate on a cruise ship instead. Anyone know what she is doing now?

museksk8r
06-04-2011, 01:43 AM
La Khok and Poirier would be a dream pairing!

:swoon: Yes, I believe so too. No offense to Andreev, whom I really like, but he is NOWHERE in the realm of having Poirier's talent or experience in ice dance. I could possibly see that Jana and Paul could be to ice dance what Volosozhar and Trankov are now in pairs, a teaming of two incredible and successful talents who together could (potentially) challenge for world medals. Their void potential would be phenomenal too! :P

Judy
06-04-2011, 02:09 AM
I think that even at a young age it will be difficult for him to start over with a new ice dancer. It's more than obvious that these skaters start young and are head and shoulders above the rest.

I don't know what the true issues are behind their breakup but it's a shame. They could have made a bigger impact on the sport and that disappoints me and all their fans.

Erin
06-04-2011, 02:22 AM
What about Mitchell Islam's old partner Joanna Lenko? Is she still skating?

That one had occurred to me. Lenko has had a lot of health problems in the past and I'm not sure if those are still an issue or not. I seem to recall that when Paul and Islam teamed up, she had a brief partnership with Jason Cheperdak (Alex Paul's former partner) but I can't remember if they even skated long enough to compete out on the JGP.

Allison Reed is looking.

This is an interesting idea with some promise...the big question is whether the Georgian federation would be willing to release her after pulling so many strings to get her citizenship. Reed is young with a ton of potential, so if Poirier is in it for the long haul and she could get a release, this could work.

frisette70
06-04-2011, 02:31 AM

Paul is only 19 and Jana is 25...:D

L'amour
06-04-2011, 03:36 AM
how good Paul and Alexandra P would look together ;) They both have a posture to die for.

mag
06-04-2011, 03:39 AM
how good Paul and Alexandra P would look together ;) They both have a posture to die for.

That would be interesting as they would be known as Paul & Poirier ;)

overedge
06-04-2011, 03:40 AM

And wouldn't that save Rod Black a lot of brainpower :lol:

mag
06-04-2011, 03:42 AM
And wouldn't that save Rod Black a lot of brainpower :lol:

Yes, he would have more time to think about Elvis!

L'amour
06-04-2011, 03:42 AM

ahaha...that's true. But still...they would look great as a team:P

skfan
06-04-2011, 04:02 AM
ahaha...that's true. But still...they would look great as a team:P

would they look better than P & I though? i sometimes think with his swan-like neck and narrow shoulders I of P & I looks a bit of a diva himself :) or am i just unrealistically expecting male ice dancers to look like football players in pads? :rofl:

julieann
06-04-2011, 04:28 AM

I agree :)

ichiro
06-04-2011, 04:37 AM
I"m absolutely shocked!!!

Pratfall
06-04-2011, 07:03 AM
:) We're all so trusting..remember Yankowskas/ Coughlin / Barrett .. I suspect there's already at least an agreement to try out with a particular foreign skater behind the scenes. No , I don't have any inside information. Just thinking over what's been said ( and what's been left unsaid ) so far, by whom to whom . That , and having spent multiple decades watching these splits play out.:rolleyes: