PDA

View Full Version : Crone & Poirier split

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

Andora
06-03-2011, 04:57 PM
It sounds more and more like Vanessa's heart just wasn't into it as much. On FSU, she certainly took the lion's share of criticism. I wonder if judges/etc. were saying the same things.

Each to their own I suppose. :shuffle:

It's hard to forget their deranged Copelia OD.

Rafter
06-03-2011, 05:00 PM
From PJ's article:

Hopefully, Skate Canada is encouraging him to seek out partners from other countries.

I think he'll have to. I don't think there is one girl in Canada right now (other than Alex Paul who already has a partner) who would be technically strong enough to skate with him. He is going to need a very strong and probably experienced girl or else a super talented and athletic one who can learn quickly. S-L Bourne was plucked out of pairs to do dance with Kraatz so it can happen. But it's rare.

I wonder if Madelaine Edwards would work for Poirier. Anyone know how old she is? She's pretty talented.

Rafter
06-03-2011, 05:02 PM
It sounds more and more like Vanessa's heart just wasn't into it as much. On FSU, she certainly took the lion's share of criticism. I wonder if judges/etc. were saying the same things.

From reading PJ's blog and posts on other forums, I get the feeling that this was a decision made by Poirier.

cailuj365
06-03-2011, 05:06 PM
:( Wow. A few years ago, I thought they would be the next V/M. It's unfortunate that things turned out this way. I hope Paul finds another partner soon.

kppt
06-03-2011, 05:13 PM
Bummer! :(

They were interesting to watch and had :kickass: choreography.

A different coach and different packaging could have gone a long way to helping them (her).

Apparently Vanessa wanted to pursue a new coach and training facility, but Paul did not want this.

Mayra
06-03-2011, 05:18 PM
Apparently Vanessa wanted to pursue a new coach and training facility, but Paul did not want this.

So he wasn't willing and/or able to make the move with his partner of 10 years, but now he is willing and/able to look internationally for a new partner and possibly a new coach? Shame.

I wish them both luck in the future. :)

mag
06-03-2011, 05:25 PM
...I wonder if Madelaine Edwards would work for Poirier. Anyone know how old she is? She's pretty talented.

This is who I was thinking of. I can't find a video on YouTube to post, but she is extremely talented. I believe she is in grade nine this year so she has probably just turned 15 or will be 15 soon.

Her current parent seems like a sweetie and they have had so much success - Juvenile Champions 2009, Pre-Novice Champions 2010, and Novice Champions 2011 - I think she really should stay where she is if she is happy and they are both committed to the long haul.

Rafter
06-03-2011, 05:30 PM

Ugh. Shades of Jessica Dube.

So, whoever Poirier skates with will have to move to Toronto and be coached by Lane & Co. Things that make you go hmmm....

rhumba
06-03-2011, 06:15 PM
Doubt SC will release Poirier and doubt the USFSA will release Chock so that's a non-starter IMO. Plus they'd have to sit out a year.

What about the two federations swap their skaters, Kaitlin with Bryce and Poirier with Chock. They will be even out:lol:

equatorial
06-03-2011, 06:21 PM
Please, no Chock for him. Why does he need to drag someone across the ice for the rest of his career?

Mayra
06-03-2011, 06:24 PM
Please, no Chock for him. Why does he need to drag someone across the ice for the rest of his career?

:rofl:

Chock has a great personality on the ice, but she has her own posture and extension issues. Say what you want about Shpilband, but I think he's done a better job at packaging Davis and Chock than Crone's coaches did for her.

manhn
06-03-2011, 06:24 PM
Well, if it's true that Vanessa wanted to change coaches, I can certainly understand why. She received most of the criticisms (whether deserved or not is not important), and those problems could've conceivably been "fixed" by a coaching change (particularly issues around packaging). I like Carol Lang, but not sure why Poirier would have such a strong attachment to her.

BlueRidge
06-03-2011, 06:25 PM
I can't think of a worse idea for Madison Chock. But hopefully she's not really splitting with Zurlein and the people who just want to leer at Poirier's butt can look elsewhere.

No offense to Poirier, I hope he finds a strong Canadian partner.

Stephanie
06-03-2011, 06:28 PM
I like Carol Lang, but not sure why Poirier would have such a strong attachment to her.

Maybe he wants to stay in Toronto since he's a student at University of Toronto (one of the best universities in the country) and felt that any incremental improvement that might be gained from a new coach wouldn't be enough to offset changing schools or postponing his education.

DaiKozOda
06-03-2011, 06:44 PM
I'm a little sad with this news. I hope Paul can find himself a good partner and that he can still manage to achieve great results. I "secretly" wish Paul could team up with Khokhlova cause I think she's great and deserves much more than she has at the moment. Nevertheless that's a just dream...
I wish Vanessa all the best in her future.