PDA

View Full Version : "So you think you're gay? Prove it."

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

AliasJohnDoe
06-02-2011, 06:48 PM
Plus, the gay men I know are mostly scientists, they don't fall into the diva/show bizz category. They are pretty suburban middle class, the only lifestyle difference is the sex of their partner.

That's why I thought the test was a bit "stereotyped", like most movies/TV shows. Most of my gay friends don't fall into the diva/showbizz category either. Where I live, most gays I know are laborers working in the fields driving tractors or are professionals working as doctors/lawyers/teachers/business owners. We get togther on weekends to play softball/poker/camp and *gasp*drink beer with rock/country music in the backbround. It's not as if all gays run around in heels, drinking umbrella drinks, listening to some lady called Gaga while criticizing everyone's fashion sense. We're all out and proud, but just in a very different styles....I'll skip the card. :D

The test was fun though.

luenatic
06-02-2011, 07:07 PM
We get togther on weekends to play softball/poker/camp and *gasp*drink beer with rock/country music in the backbround.

Add square dancing to your list and you're golden. :)

skateboy
06-02-2011, 07:27 PM
72 for me. I'm horrified I scored so low. (The Sound of Music question did me in. If I never hear "So long, farewell" again it will be too soon lol!)

joeperryfan
06-02-2011, 07:49 PM
32. Deciding whether to be relieved or worried :lol:

aliceanne
06-02-2011, 07:55 PM
I just realized there are no FIGURE SKATING questions on this test :eek:

Turn in your gay cards at once!

Fergus
06-02-2011, 08:31 PM
72 for me. I'm horrified I scored so low. (The Sound of Music question did me in. If I never hear "So long, farewell" again it will be too soon lol!)

I've always wanted to borrow 5 girls and 2 boys from the local elementary school, just so they can sing that at the end of one of my cocktail parties. :D

(And yes, I'll invite their parents as chaperones. After all, how the hell am I supposed to know how much alcohol to give an elementary school student before they get sloppy and forget the lyrics?!?!?)

:summer:

DarrellH
06-02-2011, 08:36 PM
Do I get a toaster oven?

Jot the Dot Dot
06-02-2011, 08:40 PM
Who wrote the test, Jay Leno? All Gay men are walking stereotypes? Dumb, if you ask me.

32blades
06-02-2011, 11:41 PM
Glad to see so many of you are enjoying it! To the detractors: well, can't please everyone. The quiz is meant to simply be fun, and help spread a positive message. If you haven't done so, I encourage you to read the story behind it. (http://rouleauc.blogspot.com/2011/06/official-gay-card.html)

If you feel so inclined, I'm sure Christopher would be more than open to constructive feedback, to continue to improve the project. His contact info is on the blog.

Thanks for playing!

(Oh, and my flame is also dim. :D)

Rex
06-03-2011, 12:21 AM
Score:
Gay-in-training.

Your flame is dim, but you've got potential. Keep up the gay work.
Fcuk them.

RFOS
06-03-2011, 04:40 AM
0. :shuffle:

Or 4 if you count that I knew the Golden Girls actresses but not the characters (though it was bugging me that I couldn't come up with all of them even though I've never really watched the show). I also thought I should have been able to come up with a Stephen Sondheim musical, but drew a complete blank. :shuffle:

I have ridden through Providence on a bus before. I can't remember if we stopped there or not, but it wasn't a "destination" and I do think they probably meant Provincetown. :shuffle:

I don't have an iPod. I've downloaded and/or intentionally listened to some songs by those artists before, so if I had an iPod and took the time to put lots of songs on it I might have some of them on my iPod (but they wouldn't be among the first or most frequent artists or songs I put on by any stretch).

I could've gone either way with "You know the importance of good lighting" and "You know that bears and pigs are not necessarily wildlife." I guess I probably should've said yes to the latter, since I was vaguely familiar with the term "bear" after reading it on FSU. I do know other uses for the word pig but if there's some specifically gay-related thing it means I don't know that. Obviously, in some cases lighting matters so you can see things :P but beyond that I'm not picky so I answered no.

I know that the quiz is intended to be fun but I too found it very stereotypical. I am a heterosexual male but by no means a "manly man" either and I'm sure I'd score just as "poorly" on a test that was supposed to test that based on stereotypes. Meh, I don't really have an interest in fitting a particular mold or obtaining a "card" that certifies that I fit the most stereotypes of any particular group. I probably would score much more highly on a dork test though. :shuffle: And very highly on a test to see if you think way too much about everything. :P

skateboy
06-03-2011, 05:36 AM
I've always wanted to borrow 5 girls and 2 boys from the local elementary school, just so they can sing that at the end of one of my cocktail parties. :D

(And yes, I'll invite their parents as chaperones. After all, how the hell am I supposed to know how much alcohol to give an elementary school student before they get sloppy and forget the lyrics?!?!?)

:summer:

:rofl: Can we co-host the party?

Aussie Willy
06-03-2011, 10:32 AM
I don't have an iPod. I've downloaded and/or intentionally listened to some songs by those artists before, so if I had an iPod and took the time to put lots of songs on it I might have some of them on my iPod (but they wouldn't be among the first or most frequent artists or songs I put on by any stretch).
I think one of the 8 points I got was because I said I had Lady Gaga on my mp3 player. Was it meant to be iPod?

Ozzisk8tr
06-03-2011, 10:56 AM
I got 28. As far as I know I'm straight, but at the rate the world keeps changing, who knows? I didn't even know there were options when I was growing up. :lol:

The test seems geated towards men though. A lot of that stuff would be normal for a straight woman.

Plus, the gay men I know are mostly scientists, they don't fall into the diva/show bizz category. They are pretty suburban middle class, the only lifestyle difference is the sex of their partner.

:eek: Gays can be scientists? Who'd have thunk it. Did one of them invent the sequin?

antmanb
06-03-2011, 11:51 AM
:eek: Gays can be scientists? Who'd have thunk it. Did one of them invent the sequin?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: