PDA

View Full Version : The Voice: your favorite(s)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

rfisher
06-08-2011, 06:18 PM
Besides, if one of the judges totally dissed one of the other judge's singer, there could have been a free for all. I can see Xtina and Adam rolling around on the floor punching each other. :lol:

my little pony
06-08-2011, 06:18 PM
And she still reminds me of Rebecca Black of "Friday" infamy

i KNEW she reminded me of someone and couldn't place it

Allskate
06-08-2011, 06:25 PM
Honestly, if Raquel were on AI she wouldn't even make the top 12.

I think she would. Naima's singing really isn't any better. And remember Tim Urban's first performance in the live rounds? Awful! And then there's Sanjaya . . .

I was a bit surprised that the judges didn't make any negative comments about the vocal performances - the only critiques were about Lily's dancers (not her fault) and Jared's guitar throwing. That's a huge difference between this and AI or other talent shows - you can read between the lines on some of the judges' comments but they seem to be letting the audience make up their own mind, which is incredibly refreshing.

Since they're coaches and not judges, I guess it wouldn't really make sense for them to be critical, especially of a singer that wasn't on their team. Although I guess their comments are more substantive than "that was beautiful" and "you're in it to win it."

Cheylana
06-08-2011, 08:29 PM
Honestly, if Raquel were on AI she wouldn't even make the top 12. She only stands out here because she's the most mainstream looking and sounding - her voice is pitchy beyond belief (her battle performance wasn't great either, but the person she was against was so bad there was no question Raquel would be going through), her style does not stand out in any way, and her dancing isn't exectly phenomenal.
I agree - she was just aiight dawg. She seems like a sweet kid though.

rfisher
06-08-2011, 08:59 PM
things you didn't see on TV (http://www.tvguide.com/News/NBC-Voice-Live-Show-1034019.aspx)

Er, alrighty then, Christina. Well, someone is channeling their old "Dirrty" days. After Beverly's performance inspires a rather raunchy exchange between the Burlesque star and Maroon 5's front man — which, by the way, Adam played off nicely — Blake and Adam crack up. Christina — seated between them and, maybe a little embarrassed — tries to block their views of each other with her hands. Not that it helps

Goes on to say Mark Burnett gave her the thumbs up after each comment. It's exactly what they want from her.

genevieve
06-08-2011, 09:05 PM
I was just coming to post that article :D

Sounds like the live show is a hoot.

Allskate
06-08-2011, 09:23 PM
things you didn't see on TV (http://www.tvguide.com/News/NBC-Voice-Live-Show-1034019.aspx)

Goes on to say Mark Burnett gave her the thumbs up after each comment. It's exactly what they want from her.

I'll bet that Burnett was equally happy with Blake's comments about his, er, length. I'm glad that they've decided to put this on at 9 and are not catering to a kids audience.

This part of the article had me cracking up:

Take that, Idol. When the warm-up guy decides that the audience of nearly 1,200 wasn't practicing their pre-show applause loudly, he admonishes them: "That sounds like Sanjaya's here." Oh, snap!

rfisher
06-08-2011, 09:30 PM
Blake's new song Honey Bee is doing very well for him. I wonder if Adam's group will reciprocate with one of his songs next week. I wouldn't be surprised to see new songs by the other 3 with the exposure they're getting. Not that they needed The Voice. Blake Shelton is the number one country singer, Cee Lo won a ton of grammies, Adam is going to do a solo album. And Xtina is a goddess.

MarieM
06-08-2011, 09:37 PM
I agree with everyone on Dia. I loved her.
Xenia's voice is fantastic, I get she's shy but it doesn't bother me at all. The voice matters to me.
I loved Jared too. Add maybe Bev to the mix.

And the rest I don't get.

taf2002
06-08-2011, 09:58 PM
Blake's new song Honey Bee is doing very well for him. I wonder if Adam's group will reciprocate with one of his songs next week. I wouldn't be surprised to see new songs by the other 3 with the exposure they're getting. Not that they needed The Voice. Blake Shelton is the number one country singer, Cee Lo won a ton of grammies, Adam is going to do a solo album. And Xtina is a goddess.

Yes, Honey Bee is doing well. That said, I find it as enchanting as Scotty McCreery's I Love You This Big. Both songs are as corny as hell.

Beefcake
06-08-2011, 10:33 PM
Yes, Honey Bee is doing well. That said, I find it as enchanting as Scotty McCreery's I Love You This Big. Both songs are as corny as hell.
Corny? Naaaaah, this is deft and thought-provoking songwriting at its best ... :P

You be my sugar baby
Iíll be your sweet iced tea
You be my honeysuckle
Iíll be your honey bee

But, seriously, yeh. Being stuck with my country music loving family for five days last week, I ended up watching that video a good ten times. Shelton seems uneasy the entire way through it ... it's as if he knows he recorded a chick flick of a song and now must endure filming a chick flick video to sell it. :D

rfisher
06-08-2011, 10:43 PM
Corny? Naaaaah, this is deft and thought-provoking songwriting at its best ... :P

You be my sugar baby
Iíll be your sweet iced tea
You be my honeysuckle
Iíll be your honey bee

But, seriously, yeh. Being stuck with my country music loving family for five days last week, I ended up watching that video a good ten times. Shelton seems uneasy the entire way through it ... it's as if he knows he recorded a chick flick of a song and now must endure filming a chick flick video to sell it. :D

I'll bet he cringes everytime his bank account goes Kaching. :lol:

LuckyCharm
06-09-2011, 12:31 AM
^ Kanye (www.youtube.com/watch?v=Co0tTeuUVhU)

Not a KW fan, in general, but I like the original too.

ETA:

Dia (www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHaU7WU8tZI)

Wow, even better the day after. :swoon:

ETA:

Well, why not, while I'm at it :lol: ...

Kris Allen (www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGJGTdhbGEM&nofeather=True)

Like Kris Allen himself, it's nice, non-offensive, pleasant, okay.

I don't generally like anything Kanye does, but it's definitely a catchy hook. It lends itself very well to versions like Kris' and Dia's. Am I the only one who thinks Kris' version has an old school George Michael feel to it? But what a dorky picture of him on that Youtube clip.

Beefcake
06-09-2011, 06:46 PM
:lol: Shelton wins multiple prizes at the CMT (video music) Awards, and his wife takes one too

... but its The Bieber (inexplicably also a winner) who grabs the headlines! Article (today.msnbc.msn.com/id/43333539/ns/today-entertainment/)

shan
06-13-2011, 05:30 AM
I just watched Lily Elise's performance. :scream:

:rofl: at Blake Shelton's description of the backup dancers as mimes.

How did Xtina's team manage to both open and close the show?