PDA

View Full Version : The Voice: your favorite(s)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

my little pony
06-08-2011, 03:02 PM
(((people on reality singing shows who aren't from the south)))

at least the votes are limited per person so one person can only do so much damage

MarieM
06-08-2011, 03:14 PM
Patrick ? Really ??

KikiSashaFan
06-08-2011, 03:20 PM
I would pick Dia and Jared from Blake's team and Frenchie and Beverly from Christina's.

Eta- And Lady Marmalade was :kickass:

rfisher
06-08-2011, 03:39 PM
I would pick Dia and Jared from Blake's team and Frenchie and Beverly from Christina's.

Eta- And Lady Marmalade was :kickass:

My faculty didn't like Lady Marmalade. She loved Blakes group number. I didn't tell her the song was a Maroon 5 song. :lol:

Rob
06-08-2011, 03:41 PM
I do wonder how often peoples perceptions of the singers are based on their personal preferences and not the actual performance.

I don't think I would base my ratings of the singers on who the coach is. Other than that, some people like to isolate the vocal performance from the visual performance, others are influenced by the visual, and still others look at the whole package.

Since this is "The Voice" and it started with blind auditions, I find myself trying to separate the vocal from the visual. When I watch American Idol, it seems to me that it is cast based on a combination of factors - vocal, visual, style, personality -- so I look more at the whole package rather than just at the vocal performance. Kind of funny with the result being the same - $$$ and a recording contract.

MarieM
06-08-2011, 03:46 PM
I want team Adam to wiiiiiiiin !!
Let's kill the others :P

taf2002
06-08-2011, 04:19 PM
Team Christina - I think there is NO WAY that Christina won't pick Beverly if she isn't #1 so I predict Beverly & Rachel going to the next round. Like everyone else, I think Lily is definitely out & for me, there is nothing appealing about Frenchie...her looks, her voice, or her stage presence. I think the top 2 vote getters will be Rachel just due to her looks & the total package & Beverly. Also, I think Rachel was limited by all the dancing because I thought her voice was much better in previous rounds.

Team Blake - IMO Patrick didn't win his battle but Blake picked him anyway so I think Blake will save him if necessary. I didn't get all the Dia raves but from all the reactions that's just me. So it's probably Xenia & Jared who are out. IMO Blake has the weakest team.

Next week should be exciting because I think Adam & Cee-Lo have the strongest teams. I hope after this next round the knock-outs won't be by team but by the lowest vote-getters.

Beefcake
06-08-2011, 04:54 PM
The answers are :P ...

:respec: Dia was a revelation, and was easily the best of the night. Wow!

:) Frenchie and Beverly were also terrific, and I'd think they are shoo-ins for advancing from Christina's team. Frenchie will win the Team Xtina fan vote by a mile, methinks. (She's got the fan base/wronged girl thing going for her, while Bev has the rock thing/gay thing/non-southern thing going against her. And Racquel will be lost in the shuffle.)

Got to agree with some of you in that Racquel, aka Little Gloria Estefan, has the clear makings of a pop star ... but for this competition I cannot see Xtina choosing her over Beverly for that second semifinals slot.

:rofl: OMG, Xenia is a horrible performer! Watching her "perform" is like watching a wheelchair bound person having troubles getting through a door. You feel uneasy, you don't want to stare but then again you really want to, and you want to go give them a push ... but you usually end up :shuffle: shifting your glance to something else (in my case, it was my sleeping dog ... so cute). Xenia's "choreo" still has me chuckling (esp. her "points to the left"). And she was just as lost in the team song. Shaky voice both times too.

:lol: Xtina's outfits! The sausage casing shorts :lol: ... and then her two sizes and many concert seasons ago outfit :lol: for Lady Marm. OTOH, these things along with her Mamie Van Doren hair ARE Xtina, and they make me love her even more. Carry on, you :glamor: tacky superstar! :kickass:

:blah: Despite Dia's gloriousness, so-so Wonder Bread Boy Patrick will surely win the Team Blake fan vote, leaving Blake to choose between Dia and Xenia. (Jared, poor guy, was really good IMO, but Blake won't consider him for the slot.) Blake's :huh: rush to the stage to hug Xenia has me worried that he'll go with her, even though he'd early called Dia's performance the moment of the competition.

:cheer: Ala most of you all, I loved Lady Marmalade!

pilgrimsoul
06-08-2011, 05:04 PM
I love this show. It's so much more enjoyable to watch than AI. Less time waiting for someone to sing & seemingly fewer commercial breaks. Hell, just not having to hear that annoying AI theme elebenty billion times an hour is reason enough to love The Voice over AI!

My guess is that Dia & Patrick from Blake's team will advance. As for Xtina team, I think Beverly & Frenchie deserve to continue...but will not be surprised if Xtina chooses Racquel over one of them (I think Racquel most reminds Xtina of herself and that may influence her choice).

genevieve
06-08-2011, 05:31 PM
I do wonder how often peoples perceptions of the singers are based on their personal preferences and not the actual performance.
Even on FSU we've seen lots of post wanting the coach to win, rather than focusing on the performers.

Example:

I want team Adam to wiiiiiiiin !!
Let's kill the others :P
:P

:lol: Xtina's outfits! The sausage casing shorts :lol: ... and then her two sizes and many concert seasons ago outfit :lol: for Lady Marm. OTOH, these things along with her Mamie Van Doren hair ARE Xtina, and they make me love her even more. Carry on, you :glamor: tacky superstar! :kickass:
tooooottttalllllllly!!!

I do have to say the double stick tape was working extra hard during Lady Marmalade :saint:

Oh, and word to the word about Xenia's "chroeography". I get that she has a habit of twisting her hands together that they were trying to break, but the 'point to the left/point to the right' arm gestures were just tragic. :lol:

my little pony
06-08-2011, 05:48 PM
Watching her "perform" is like watching a wheelchair bound person having troubles getting through a door.

i love you so!

i thought dia was amazing but i hated that song, who sings the original? maybe if i listened to the original and it was extra wretched, i might appreciate dia's version more. this method had me almost liking frenchie's song but i still can't get over the fence on it.

i voted for beverly and jared

Beefcake
06-08-2011, 05:53 PM
^ Kanye (www.youtube.com/watch?v=Co0tTeuUVhU)

Not a KW fan, in general, but I like the original too.

ETA:

Dia (www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHaU7WU8tZI)

Wow, even better the day after. :swoon:

ETA:

Well, why not, while I'm at it :lol: ...

Kris Allen (www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGJGTdhbGEM&nofeather=True)

Like Kris Allen himself, it's nice, non-offensive, pleasant, okay.

Allskate
06-08-2011, 05:54 PM
She did not like Beverly at all although she admits she sang well. She didn't like Beverly's looks.

I would bet that there are a lot of people out there like that. Beverly clearly outsang Raquel, but Raquel appeals to the young demographic the producers and network want and Xtina certainly can identify her, so I won't be surprised if Xtina chooses Raquel. But, it may be that Raquel got the votes and Xtina will have to choose between Frenchie and Beverly.

MLP, the original version of Heartless is from Kanye West. Very different arrangement. You've also heard Kris Allen do a different arrangement on Idol. I loved his version.

genevieve
06-08-2011, 06:11 PM
Honestly, if Raquel were on AI she wouldn't even make the top 12. She only stands out here because she's the most mainstream looking and sounding - her voice is pitchy beyond belief (her battle performance wasn't great either, but the person she was against was so bad there was no question Raquel would be going through), her style does not stand out in any way, and her dancing isn't exectly phenomenal. It's just familiar. And against a sea of more talented bald women and tattoos, I'm sure some people are grateful for the opportunity to vote for a girl with long bouncy hair who clearly wants to appeal to the masses. And she still reminds me of Rebecca Black of "Friday" infamy

I agree that she will appeal to young voters and those who are drawn to the known and familiar, but I would hope that part of the ratings success for this show comes from people NOT wanting to see the same old little moppets. OTOH, I think the people who will like the more original performers are less likely to vote at all, let alone repeatedly, so yeah, this could end up being a disaster. On the plus side, she could keep the pig farming sisters from winning, so you know, silver lining and all that.

I was a bit surprised that the judges didn't make any negative comments about the vocal performances - the only critiques were about Lily's dancers (not her fault) and Jared's guitar throwing. That's a huge difference between this and AI or other talent shows - you can read between the lines on some of the judges' comments but they seem to be letting the audience make up their own mind, which is incredibly refreshing.

my little pony
06-08-2011, 06:17 PM
thank you both!

i still find "heartless" as catchy as a hurricane warning alert but dia was really appealing