PDA

View Full Version : The Voice: your favorite(s)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20]

Allskate
06-29-2011, 04:24 AM
They don't tell you when you've reached ten. I noticed that last week. But I don't think the additional ones count.

HeatherC
06-29-2011, 04:24 AM
More than 10 times for one singer? It's supposed to be 10/singer.

Yup. I just voted a whole bunch for Javier and then realized I had voted way more than ten times. I stopped voting because I need to get to bed but I thought that was an interesting quirk tonight and wanted to share it.

shuilee
06-29-2011, 04:25 AM
Good thing I got the Itunes rankings right before they got pulled down.

14. Dia (she's ahead of Javier even though he had an extra hour of opportunity for itunes downloads.....will probably become a blowout victory for Dia)
19. Javier
89. Vicci
Beverly is not yet even in the top 100. :(

Looks like the bland pretty girl will win. Blah....Bev totally rocked and deserves this!

rfisher
06-29-2011, 04:26 AM
Good thing I got the Itunes rankings right before they got pulled down.

14. Dia
19. Javier
89. Vicci
Beverly is not yet even in the top 100. :(

Looks like the bland pretty girl will win. Blah....Bev totally rocked and deserves this!

Bev is usually on the rock chart.

Allskate
06-29-2011, 04:27 AM
I think Beverly didn't have time to rank because she sang last. Javier ranked quite somje time before the show was over and he was leading last I saw. I think Bev will rank. But, based on last week's rankings, I think she'll be last of the four. :(

Allskate
06-29-2011, 04:28 AM
Bev is usually on the rock chart.

She's on the overall chart, too. All the songs on the more specific charts also can chart on the overall chart.

Cheylana
06-29-2011, 05:39 AM
I'm still not sure who will win, but I think Dia has the clearest path to victory at this point. The other three have some overlapping demographics and may deal with vote-splitting issues. Plus Dia will probably scoop up the people who voted for Xenia last week.

genevieve
06-29-2011, 07:33 AM
Wow, what an amazing finale!!!!! All four did a phenomenal job tonight, and honestly I think any of them deserves to win. it's going to come down to style preferences, which is interesting because it means the mentors' choices could make or break the competition. It sounded deafening in there - I can't even imagine how chaotic it must have been to see and hear this live :swoon: Overall the mentors did a fab job in the duets to allow the competitors to shine. :cheer:

Mentors - "Under Pressure" this sounded a little under-rehearsed but a good song choice for the four of them to sing. I did smile a bit that everyone except Blake struggled to hit their high notes (Blake didn't have any high notes). MUCH better than the Queen medley!!

Javier - "Stitch By Stitch" this was a very radio-friendly song. He reminds me a bit of Seal - the voice isn't the same but the style of song is similar. I liked it but it wasn't super memorable. Ouch - Adam's comment was "you must be so relieved to have that over with". It's a running joke with my friends that that's what you say when you go see a fellow dancer's show and you hated it. "Man in the Mirror" - really nice performance of a song I don't love. Liked how Javier and Adam switched off who took the high notes and who did harmony. The arrangement could have been a bit more original, sounded like they had a karaoke backing track.

Vicci - "Afraid to Sleep" vibato was really noticeable in this performance - nerves? The song seems like a cross between Brandi Carlisle (another northwest lez done good!!) and Heart's "Alone". Would love to hear it with less production, but really enjoyed the song. "Love in a Battlefield" OMG this was EPIC. I just about fell out when Vicci came out surrounded by children just as tall as she is. For pure spectacle this can't be beat, and Pat Benetar is a great fit for her voice. plus she looked smokin :grope:

Dia - "Inventing Shadows" a great quirky song to fit her voice and persona very well. The breath thing didn't bother me as much as it did others, although the song hasn't stuck in my head as much as I thought it would. "Won't Back Down" - great arrangement and staging. She could do country, and I would buy this song as a single (yes I know I can, but I'm not buying anything right this second!). She looks great in a suit. Someone said they didn't like their 2 voices together but I thought they complemented each other quite well.

Beverly - "Lovesick" Wow. Definitely the best original song of the night. perfect for her. and what a performance. And great contrast to "Beautiful", which completely captivated me. it's pretty darned hard to draw attention away from Xtina, but Beverly held that song with her quiet and measured approach. very generous of Xtina to share her biggest song with Beverly.

I expected this competition to come down to Dia and Vicci - Javier is a fantastic singer, but I fully expect him to come in 4th, just because he seems the most mainstream or at least has the least big personality. I still think Dia might win, because she has shown herself to be so versatile, and so decisive in all aspects of her performance. but I might be switching my allegiances...as you all know, I LOVE VICCI :swoon:.....but I think Beverly had the best night of all 4 performers and based on tonight, she deserves to win.

Wow. what a great great night of performances :respec:

now I just hope the tour is coming to Seattle!

Aceon6
06-29-2011, 12:07 PM
I loved the show last night.

The songs:
Stitch by Stitch - Decent song, but there's nothing about it that's compelling for me.
Afraid to Sleep - Another decent song that got a bit monotonous by the end.
Chasing Shadows - Probably the best constructed of the four.
Love Sick - Adored the verse, hated the hook.

The solos: Dia (and she wasn't my first choice going in), Bev, Javier, Vicci

The duets: Vicci, Javier, Bev, Dia (Wow, exactly the opposite of my rankings for the solos!)

I'm happy with anyone winning, what a great night of entertainment.

skatesindreams
06-29-2011, 04:42 PM
I hope Beverly surprises many, and wins it all!!

AragornElessar
06-30-2011, 01:24 AM
I would love it if Bev wins it all. She's had me since Day One and that hasn't changed over the entire run. She brought it big time last night and so deserves to win this thing!!

I won't have a problem w/any of the other three winning this thing, but Bev's the only one who's really hooked me. I'd buy her CD in a heart beat.

Also Vicci and CeeLo's duet last night truly was of Epic Proportions. WOW!! Loved, loved, loved it!!!

Didn't care for her duet tonight though. It just didn't meld well at all.

rfisher
06-30-2011, 01:28 AM
Javiar and Stevie were beautiful together. So controlled. So smooth. Brilliant. Adam is starting to cry. :lol:

sk9tingfan
06-30-2011, 01:37 AM
Javiar and Stevie were beautiful together. So controlled. So smooth. Brilliant. Adam is starting to cry. :lol:

I've been too nervous to watch but happened to sneak a peek just as Javiar was singing with Stevie Nicks. Absolutely brilliant. Rooting for the Connecticut boy to win! :swoon: