PDA

View Full Version : The Voice: your favorite(s)

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

PeterG
06-07-2011, 06:56 PM
I don't know about the blind draw. But, I'm not sure the sisters need a blind draw to advance. If the voting audience is anything like Idol's, cute country singers from the south could advance, especially if they express their love for Jesus and their country.

The Hogettes will be performing an original tune tonight entitled, "God Loves America Who Loves Jesus (Who Is NUMBER ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)"

Just give them the crown already... :(

Beefcake
06-07-2011, 07:51 PM
The Hogettes will be performing an original tune tonight entitled, "God Loves America Who Loves Jesus (Who Is NUMBER ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)"

Just give them the crown already... :(
:rofl:

There is a conundrum, however, that will be a heavy cross for their voting population to bear ...

... The Hogettes are from that Pinko Leftist Maryjane-smokin' :hat1: Moonbeam-Governed Homo-infested Avocado-eatin' state of California! :yikes: It doesn't matter that there are actually millions of rednecks here in the Cali ... we're all one big sin pool to the type of person who will embrace the Thompsons.

Is the Pig Sisters' Californiaism gonna cost them the title? :wuzrobbed

Aceon6
06-07-2011, 07:55 PM
Is the Pig Sisters' Californiaism gonna cost them the title?

I'm still hoping that the 10:00 time slot will give us some hope that the best performer will win. Oh, and I believe in Santa, the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy. :slinkaway

Beefcake
06-07-2011, 07:56 PM
^ :P It's moving up to 9 starting tonight, IIRC.

So, :HA!: ... or, I mean, yeh :slinkaway

rfisher
06-07-2011, 08:00 PM
It's two hours tonight. Ya'll are just mean to those cute little county fair girls. :drama:

PeterG
06-07-2011, 08:02 PM
I'm still hoping that the 10:00 time slot will give us some hope that the best performer will win. Oh, and I believe in Santa, the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy. :slinkaway

I do not like what you are implying with this implication!!!

:fragile:

Ya'll are just mean to those cute little county fair girls. :drama:

PERV!!! :P

Allskate
06-07-2011, 08:04 PM
Is the Pig Sisters' Californiaism gonna cost them the title? :wuzrobbed

:lol: That could be a problem for them. Maybe a lot of people won't notice that they're from California? I live in California, am well aware that this is an agricultural state with lots of country music fans, and still didn't realize that the pig-raising sisters were from California. Perhaps they could kiss their cross necklaces every time the words "San Francisco" and "Los Angeles" are mentioned and then talk about how they're going to kiss the grass when they get back to the farm?

rfisher
06-07-2011, 08:06 PM
PERV!!! :P

PERV!!! What do you mean. You're the Perv. :drama: Well, maybe I am, but it's with those hot younger men, not little girls. Like Adam. That was just my protective, nurturing side. OK. I had trouble typing that myself. :rofl:

Beefcake
06-07-2011, 08:09 PM
It's two hours tonight. Ya'll are just mean to those cute little county fair girls. :drama:
Hmmm, are we hitting a little too close to home, missy?

:COP: Ha, I knew it! rfisher - Linn County Pork Queen 1988 (people.cornellcollege.edu/aault/images/porkqueen.jpg) White-out the name all you want ... we can see the snark-that-could-only-be-risher on that cornfed milky white face!

But, seriously, I have some new advice to share: Do not Google "Pork Queen" at work, lest you get some interesting results. :cold:

And some friggin' ADORABLE (bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/wcfcourier.com/content/tncms/assets/editorial/f/93/b44/f93b4489-33dd-5d5c-bf74-1f5bba38d37f.image.jpg) results as well. Awwwwww, so cute, and he tasted so good later that fall. :P

rfisher
06-07-2011, 09:53 PM
Hmmm, are we hitting a little too close to home, missy?

:COP: Ha, I knew it! rfisher - Linn County Pork Queen 1988 (people.cornellcollege.edu/aault/images/porkqueen.jpg) White-out the name all you want ... we can see the snark-that-could-only-be-risher on that cornfed milky white face!

But, seriously, I have some new advice to share: Do not Google "Pork Queen" at work, lest you get some interesting results. :cold:

And some friggin' ADORABLE (bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/wcfcourier.com/content/tncms/assets/editorial/f/93/b44/f93b4489-33dd-5d5c-bf74-1f5bba38d37f.image.jpg) results as well. Awwwwww, so cute, and he tasted so good later that fall. :P

:rofl: :rofl: I've been outed. :drama:

Allskate
06-08-2011, 12:18 AM
Heh. Very smart. Apparently, one way to cast a vote for your favorite will be to buy the contestant's song from Itunes:

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/06/07/fans-of-nbcs-%E2%80%98the-voice%E2%80%99-can-now-vote-for-their-favorite-artists-via-itunes/94957/

Susan1
06-08-2011, 12:23 AM
I just watched (recorded) a marathon of the whole season so far Saturday on E!. I can't remember anybody's names yet. They were all so good though. They even said to one guy that they got rid of that he might be better on American Idol. ha ha

I felt so sorry for the ones that got eliminated in the head to head competition. Some of those duets were really, really good. They should have a show for that. Create a singing duo and give them a recording contract. I didn't like either of the pairs that already came to sing together.

rfisher
06-08-2011, 01:21 AM
Heh. Very smart. Apparently, one way to cast a vote for your favorite will be to buy the contestant's song from Itunes:

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/06/07/fans-of-nbcs-%E2%80%98the-voice%E2%80%99-can-now-vote-for-their-favorite-artists-via-itunes/94957/

That's interesting. Sort of putting your money where your vote is. It's actually a good way to preview which singer might actually be a commercial hit. I'm really excited to see what the mentors have done with their teams in the interim since they did the taped shows.

I wonder how much the 4 mentor's agents have negotiated up their salaries for next season?

Allskate
06-08-2011, 01:46 AM
That's interesting. Sort of putting your money where your vote is. It's actually a good way to preview which singer might actually be a commercial hit.

Smart --- and lucrative. But, it sounds like there also are alternative methods of voting.

rfisher
06-08-2011, 02:00 AM
Adam singing Queen! :swoon:

Oh. Beefy wait till you see Xtina. :respec: