PDA

View Full Version : The Voice: your favorite(s)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

PeterG
06-21-2011, 08:22 PM
So there's eight performances tonight? I was going to start a new thread with a poll, but we won't know who's performing until the show begins, right?

Signed,

The pollmeister

genevieve
06-21-2011, 11:31 PM
EW has revised their Voice rankings! Jeff has tumbled to #9. Their description is spot-on:

Jesus, take his spiel! Last week's number one* plummeted in our estimation as soon as he started going Full Gokey. But if Jeff stays away from ''inspirational'' songs and stops playing the dead mom card, there might be hope for the froggy-voiced dude yet.

http://www.ew.com/ew/gallery/0,,20355856_20504186,00.html#20979192

and PML at the desciption for Javier!

Javi gets major points for making us forget about those incredibly depressing animal abuse commercials — for a few minutes, anyway.

*last week's online ranking, not last Friday's print one where they have Dia winning it all.

rfisher
06-22-2011, 12:21 AM
If the final four are Dia, Javi, Vicci and Beverly, I think any one of them can win. It will depend on that last performance. I'd like to know what Xtina has picked for Bev and Frenchie to sing tonight.

Beefcake
06-22-2011, 01:08 AM
Beefwrangler's thoughts ...

I'd dun pee my pants with joy n surprise if 'Merica were to saw fit to vote a gay bald girl as its Voice winner. Yup. Maybe even pee them pants if it's a gay not bald girl who wins.

Sad, dagummit, I'm reckoned okay I guess with that a big n hairy ol' gay guy ain't got better than a runt polecat's chance to win. So, goooo gay girls ... bald and not bald.

Allskate
06-22-2011, 01:19 AM
So, goooo gay girls ... bald and not bald.

What do you reckon the other bald girl's chances are? I think the gay bald girl is going to beat her out into the finals, but the gay bald girl has to branch out a little bit and not seem to be doing the Melissa Etheridge Experience.

Nakia ain't got a snowball's chance in hell of winnin' this thing.

Beefcake
06-22-2011, 01:36 AM
Oh, I called a "Frenchie surprise" a page or two ago. It's good to cover all the bases ... claim victory and then razzle dazzle everyone into not recalling those pesky incorrect proclamations and predictions. :saint:

Garden Kitty
06-28-2011, 04:41 PM
They're trying to organize a tour with the 8 semi-finalists (http://news.yahoo.com/voice-contestants-tour-not-judges-030619780.html;_ylt=AhKrjU9t0r_e09D7SwqE6ZVpMhkF;_ ylu=X3oDMTM5bHJramQ4BHBrZwM0OTQ3NzE4NC1lY2RmLTMxYz EtODg0NC1jNWYwNmMxNTAxOGUEcG9zAzMEc2VjA01lZGlhVG9w U3RvcnkEdmVyAzI0ZmJmYmUwLWExMzQtMTFlMC05Zjc3LTk3Yz VlMzkyNjE2Nw--;_ylg=X3oDMTF1MG0xODQxBGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRw c3RhaWQDBHBzdGNhdANlbnRlcnRhaW5tZW50fHR2BHB0A3NlY3 Rpb25z;_ylv=3), but the coaches aren't slated to appear which raises the question of how viable a tour will be.

DarrellH
06-28-2011, 05:34 PM
They're trying to organize a tour with the 8 semi-finalists (http://news.yahoo.com/voice-contestants-tour-not-judges-030619780.html;_ylt=AhKrjU9t0r_e09D7SwqE6ZVpMhkF;_ ylu=X3oDMTM5bHJramQ4BHBrZwM0OTQ3NzE4NC1lY2RmLTMxYz EtODg0NC1jNWYwNmMxNTAxOGUEcG9zAzMEc2VjA01lZGlhVG9w U3RvcnkEdmVyAzI0ZmJmYmUwLWExMzQtMTFlMC05Zjc3LTk3Yz VlMzkyNjE2Nw--;_ylg=X3oDMTF1MG0xODQxBGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRw c3RhaWQDBHBzdGNhdANlbnRlcnRhaW5tZW50fHR2BHB0A3NlY3 Rpb25z;_ylv=3), but the coaches aren't slated to appear which raises the question of how viable a tour will be.

Maybe they can do like Idol used to do, or So You Think You Can Dance...tape the mentors and show it on the jumbotron.

genevieve
06-28-2011, 05:36 PM
I'd go to a show of the top 8 without the judges. Heck, I'd rather go to a show without the judges.

I see in the article that NBC is contemplating having this show in both the fall and the spring after the 2nd season - I think that would be a big mistake and would fast-track the show to becoming as formulaic as other talent-based shows.

Allskate
06-28-2011, 06:08 PM
I'd go to a show of the top 8 without the judges. Heck, I'd rather go to a show without the judges.

I see in the article that NBC is contemplating having this show in both the fall and the spring after the 2nd season - I think that would be a big mistake and would fast-track the show to becoming as formulaic as other talent-based shows.

Yeah. I don't need to see all the judges sing. I think Blake and Adam are fun judges, but I'm not particularly interested in seeing them sing. Given how bad concert ticket sales are, though, I can imagine that concert companies want the big names to draw tickets. We saw some of the contestants, like Nakia, sing just four times. So, I'm not sure Voice fans are as invested as Idol fans. With Idol, we see the contestants sing quite a bit more and people get more invested. Plus, they sell tickets to families. And even Idol has struggled to sell tickets for their tour. But, the Voice has better singers, IMO, so they might do okay. It would be a great experience for them.

I don't think the judges will want the show to be twice a year. They have their own careers going on. Maybe extend the season by a couple of weeks and drop contestants a little bit more gradually so we can see a little bit more of the top contestants and get the public involved in the voting for a larger percentage of the shows. But twice a year would be too much.

PeterG
06-28-2011, 08:47 PM

Having a fall and spring season ensures the show would have the longevity of "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire" and "Deal Or No Deal".

;)

genevieve
06-28-2011, 08:52 PM
I think it's been so long since NBC had real hit shows that when they get one they are so excited they just run it into the ground.

rfisher
06-28-2011, 08:57 PM
I can't imagine they could afford the judges. They were getting 250K per episode now and will probably ask for more. NBC needs to chill. They're probably eyeing DWTS and it's twice a year programming, but the B list celebs are a lot cheaper.

I'd go see the top 8 on tour. I would think Frenchie, Bev, Vicci and Nakia are awesome live. It would also be really good exposure for Frenchie, Casey, Xenia and Dia assuming she doesn't win tonight.

I'm excited for tonight. I hope all four are wonderful and 'merica has to just close it's eyes and pick one to win. It could be any of the four.

Garden Kitty
06-28-2011, 10:17 PM
Nice article about how the Voice contestants have been open about their sexuality. (http://news.yahoo.com/nbcs-voice-gives-voice-gay-singers-171446584.html)

Allskate
06-28-2011, 10:17 PM
I can't imagine they could afford the judges. They were getting 250K per episode now and will probably ask for more.

Maybe their current contracts lock them in at that price for future seasons? I read yesterday that JLo got $12 million for this season of AI and wants $20 million to come back. I say let her go and hire someone better for far less. Steven Tyler signed a multi-season contract and is getting paid significantly less than JLo did, but more than The Voice coaches.