PDA

View Full Version : The Voice: your favorite(s)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

genevieve
06-20-2011, 04:09 PM
this week's Entertainment Weekly has an article on The Voice - they pick their choices for the finals, and it does indeed look like it will come down to 1 singer from each group, rather than the top 4 vote getters. Or possibly they're guessing - they don't explicitly say that's the format, but they chose 1 person from each team.

Their picks:

Xtina - Beverly :cheer2:
Cee-Lo - Vicci (duh!!)
Adam - Jeff (over Javier?!? I have a hard time believing it)
Blake - Dia - their choice to win it all!

Substitute Javier for Jeff and I think that would be a really awesome top 4

rfisher
06-20-2011, 04:18 PM
Jeff? Hmmm....do they have inside info on the audience vote? I find it hard to believe his itune sales are better than Javier's. I do think Adam will go with both of them for his semi-final team.

Beverly and Vicci are not your typical AI contestants. :rofl: :cheer2: I agree that they will make an awesome top 4 and at this point wouldn't care which of them wins. It will be that last performance that determines the winner.

MarieM
06-20-2011, 04:20 PM
The top 4 with Javier has me sold on to :) Wheeeee !

But Dia for the win ? I just can't figure this out just yet. She's not typical at all. Well, Beverly or Vicci aren't typical either anyway :)

BTW : where can one find the itunes sales ??

Beefcake
06-20-2011, 04:49 PM
Dia will be a victim of her own (early) success, methinks. Since she'll be expected to but unable to achieve the impact of her Heartless performance, it'll be a comedown in the minds of the public ... she'll lose votes to others who exceed their prior performances (I'm looking at you, Frenchie).

I have a feeling that Frenchie may surprise this week ... she just needs the right song. Speaking of picking better songs, I also hope that Cee-Lo will choose a more sell-able song for Nakia, should he advance. It's a bit unfair to saddle some with songs that will not be downloaded, since downloads are part of the voting -- the most visible part of voting to boot.

(I think that Nakia will be advanced by Cee-Lo, as otherwise, it might be 7 women and just 1 man in the semifinals. 7-to-1 assumes that Casey advances over Jeff and the pig sisters are put forward over Nakia.)

rfisher
06-20-2011, 05:35 PM
Casey is a possibility over Jeff, but I will :rofl: if the pigletts are picked over Nakia just because Beefy will be in much :drama:

Allskate
06-20-2011, 05:46 PM
Do the judges have any say in who makes it to the finals? If it's just one person from each team, I assume it's based on votes from the public?

If so, then I would think that the singers who got the public vote last week -- Dia and Beverly -- have a great chance of going through. I'm also assuming that Javier and Vicci are going to have the highest votes on each of their teams and definitely have the best chance of going through to the semis and then to the finals.

I wouldn't be surprised if Casey goes through this week, but I don't think the pig farmers will. I don't think Nakia's song stopped people from downloading. The people who are likely to like him aren't going to be put off by that song. It's gotten plenty of radio play and downloads. I'm guessing it's a more popular song than the one Xenia sang -- or the one the sisters sang.

genevieve
06-20-2011, 07:06 PM
Jeff? Hmmm....do they have inside info on the audience vote? I find it hard to believe his itune sales are better than Javier's. I do think Adam will go with both of them for his semi-final team.

No, EW doesn't have insider info - they didn't even know who from Xtina's and Blake's teams had gotten through (I get the issue in the mail on Fridays, so it was probably printed before last week's show - or the article was deemed low priority enough to not hold until results were known)

rfisher
06-20-2011, 07:10 PM
No, EW doesn't have insider info - they didn't even know who from Xtina's and Blake's teams had gotten through (I get the issue in the mail on Fridays, so it was probably printed before last week's show - or the article was deemed low priority enough to not hold until results were known)

In that case, good call on Xtina and Blakes teams.

MarieM
06-21-2011, 07:55 AM
The pigglets ?? You mean the sisters who can't sing but were REALLY cute last week ?

rfisher
06-21-2011, 09:39 AM
The pigglets ?? You mean the sisters who can't sing but were REALLY cute last week ?

:lol: Yes. They perform at a lot of county and state fairs which have animal judging. Very wholesome. It's a US thing I suspect.

MarieM
06-21-2011, 10:38 AM
:lol: The pigglets :lol:
I love the surname :lol:

Beefcake
06-21-2011, 04:12 PM
:lol: Yes. They perform at a lot of county and state fairs which have animal judging. Very wholesome. It's a US thing I suspect.
Definitely! :) For instance, circa late 70s, I myself used to show at the county 4-H fair ...

... heifers and steers, horses, and (being a gay boy under disguise even then) fancy breed chickens! (Imported chickens with great colors, and/or feathered tufts, and/or feathered legs.) Showed pigs for two years, and actually won county in my category.

genevieve
06-21-2011, 05:14 PM
:cheer2: Beefwrangler! :cheer2:

Allskate
06-21-2011, 05:25 PM
Mark Burnett on plans for next season:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/voices-ep-mark-burnett-why-203588

I hope he's not just planning in increasing the number of auditions and battle rounds. I hope he extends the period of live voting, so we see each contestant sing a couple more times.

ETA: Adam and Christina's song, which they apparently are performing tonight, is now posted online:
http://www.aguileraonline.com/2011/06/audio-moves-like-jagger-by-maroon-5.html?spref=tw

I'm sort of meh on it. The electronic whistle bit is kind of annoying. I guess that technically it's not a duet. It really just "features" Christina. I personally prefer her voice, so I would have preferred that he was the one with the smaller role. His voice just doesn't do much for me. It will be interesting to see them perform together, though, and try to have the right chemistry.

cailuj365
06-21-2011, 06:28 PM
ETA: Adam and Christina's song, which they apparently are performing tonight, is now posted online:
http://www.aguileraonline.com/2011/06/audio-moves-like-jagger-by-maroon-5.html?spref=tw

I loooove this. "Moves like Jagger" is a cheesy line and reference, but it's a catchy hook. I really like the whistles. For some reason, it's suddenly become the new thing to do in pop music though (Bruno, OneRepublic, Britney). It really wasn't much of a duet, which was what I was expecting, but I really like Maroon 5/Adam, so that's okay.