PDA

View Full Version : AGT the new season Will our new Prince come?

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

Rob
06-08-2011, 06:42 PM
For a couple of seasons, when they got to Vegas, they were kept in an airplane hangar or a theatre and then a huge group were sent right back home without any firther performance. So I guess there is plenty of room for acts that will get cut before they can perform again. Waste of a plane ticket, but whatever.

genevieve
06-08-2011, 06:49 PM
For a couple of seasons, when they got to Vegas, they were kept in an airplane hangar or a theatre and then a huge group were sent right back home without any firther performance. So I guess there is plenty of room for acts that will get cut before they can perform again. Waste of a plane ticket, but whatever.

ugh, my friend's sister was one of those people who got cut as soon as they got off the plane a few seasons ago. I doubt she would have made it to the finals, but she wasn't one of the joke people either :blah: it's such a stupid waste of money and far more cruel to get someone's hopes up and then decide they aren't even worth seeing again than to just cut them right away. And it's not like it makes for better television.

Garden Kitty
06-09-2011, 12:35 AM
I can understand that they might accept some people early in the auditions and then find better people, but even if they don't want to show them all on tv again, they should at least give the acts a chance to perform again for the judges and perhaps earn a spot on the tv broadcast.

And I don't believe that the sniping isn't scripted or at least overplayed for tv to create personalities for the judges and milk some of the bad but oddly entertaining acts.

rfisher
06-09-2011, 02:28 AM
Wow. The girl who did the Russian balance beam was amazing. They'd be fantastic in a circus theme in Vegas. Incredibly dangerous and difficult. It makes the regular balance beam look tame.

Loved the girl who did the original song about Beiber. Funny, original, great singer/songwriter. I'm looking forward to seeing what else she can do.

rfisher
06-09-2011, 02:48 AM
That kid was the cutest thing ever. He's hardly the best dancer, but the audience would have rioted if they'd X'd him.

BigB08822
06-09-2011, 03:15 AM
That kid was the cutest thing ever. He's hardly the best dancer, but the audience would have rioted if they'd X'd him.

He was adorable! He is seriously cute too, I could see him being in movies and commercials for sure.

rfisher
06-09-2011, 03:18 AM
He was adorable! He is seriously cute too, I could see him being in movies and commercials for sure.

Totally. He had wonderful stage presence. He's not going to headline in Vegas, but I'd snap him up in a minute if I were an ad agency.

This girl is beautiful and had a wonderful operatic voice.

my little pony
06-09-2011, 03:19 AM
This girl is beautiful and had a wonderful operatic voice.

americans are so proud of anyone of us with a classy hobby that we jump up and down like she invented penicillin

BigB08822
06-09-2011, 03:20 AM
I thought the opera singer was OK. She had a very weird voice and it came off nasally to me. I couldn't decide if I liked it or not. No problem with her getting through, though. I love how this show is showing almost exclusively YES performances. Much better than watching train wreck after train wreck on Idol.

BigB08822
06-09-2011, 03:21 AM
americans are so proud of anyone of us with a classy hobby that we jump up and down like she invented penicillin

What does that even mean? One of us?

my little pony
06-09-2011, 03:24 AM
What does that even mean? One of us?

i mean i don't think most americans know the difference or even care between good or mediocre opera singing but anyone who tries it gets a pass as if they were great

rfisher
06-09-2011, 03:27 AM
Dwarfs going to Vegas. :rofl:

BigB08822
06-09-2011, 03:31 AM
i mean i don't think most americans know the difference or even care between good or mediocre opera singing but anyone who tries it gets a pass as if they were great

Oh, I get you. I totally agree, by the way. Opera singing is very technical and most people wouldn't know the difference between a good amateur or a polished professional. Thanks a lot, Susan Boyle.

I think the Dwarfs were one of the best acts in terms of potential for a Vegas Show. They could do so many different things and switch up their costumes. They have a ton of potential show ideas where as a man jumping into a pool with 12 inches of water..well, not so much.

rfisher
06-09-2011, 03:39 AM
Yeah, but there's no way the producers won't put him into the finals if he's going for a world's record. And the potential of a broken neck is too much to pass on. I personally think the variety acts are more Vegas suited than the majority of the singers. Sadly, only one has won. Not sadly, he's been very successful in Vegas and still has a show.

rfisher
06-09-2011, 03:47 AM
I want to develop a variety show on TV that would book acts like this dance troupe and others without the whole competition stuff. Just wonderful variety entertainment. The concept worked for Ed Sullivan for over 20 years and I think it would work again.