PDA

View Full Version : Midnight in Paris - new from Woody Allen

Pages : [1] 2 3

ebayj
05-31-2011, 06:25 AM
A stunning film - set in one of my favorite cities. Well worth you time - will probably show in the art houses first - as it just opened on May 20 in NY/LA/SF.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midnight_in_Paris

One of Woody Allen's best efforts in a very long time. Plus a total all star cast.

Jolie
05-31-2011, 11:54 AM
I totally agree, loved this movie too! It's pure genius, and Paris is sooo beautiful! :watch:

joeperryfan
05-31-2011, 12:18 PM
I have to see this one, the trailer caught my attention and I confess my partiality to films starring Owen Wilson. I have to wonder though when it will be released in the butt of Europe.

Asli
05-31-2011, 01:02 PM
I have to see this one, the trailer caught my attention and I confess my partiality to films starring Owen Wilson. I have to wonder though when it will be released in the butt of Europe.

I don't know what the butt of Europe is, but this film has been released in France two weeks ago.

OTOH have no idea who Owen Wilson is. :shuffle:

MarieM
05-31-2011, 01:38 PM
First half is BORINNNNNNNNNG to death, but the other half is really fantastic. And the landscape of Paris is nice too :)

joeperryfan
05-31-2011, 02:34 PM
I don't know what the butt of Europe is, but this film has been released in France two weeks ago.

That was my joke because I live in Portugal and usually it's one of the last european countries to release movies, I checked IMDB and there was no date, I'll have to keep an eye on it.

Owen Wilson is the guy in the poster, he also played in Zoolander, Marley and Me, Wedding crashers, and a bunch of other comedies.
Owen Wilson on IMDB (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0005562/)

Satellitegirl
05-31-2011, 03:09 PM
Looking forward to seeing this. I saw the preview when I went to the independent theater the other day.

Stefanie
05-31-2011, 05:54 PM
I can't wait to see this. It's not coming to my local art theatre for another two weeks.

taf2002
05-31-2011, 06:21 PM

I am not an Owen Wilson fan & it always boggles my mind that he is cast as the romantic love interest. He seems like more the ugly sidekick type.

Stefanie
05-31-2011, 06:24 PM
I am not an Owen Wilson fan & it always boggles my mind that he is cast as the romantic love interest. He seems like more the ugly sidekick type.

It wouldn't be the crooked nose, would it? ;) :scream:

IceAlisa
05-31-2011, 09:23 PM
May drag hubby to see this if you guys like it so much. He proposed to me in Paris so my soft spot for Paris is extra soft. :)

Oreo
05-31-2011, 10:21 PM
I saw this yesterday and loved it! I probably laughed more in Vicky, Christina, Barcelona, but this one is has a wonderful charm and is a lot of fun.

Asli
06-01-2011, 12:33 AM

If Woody Allen suddenly used a tall and handsome romantic type we would all die of shock after all the "heros" he (Woody Allen) played himself.

Sorry, I used to love his films years ago but he has annoyed me for quite a while.

Cachoo
06-01-2011, 02:03 AM
An Allen film in Paris set in two different eras...enough for me.

Cyn
06-01-2011, 07:42 AM
I guess I'm the lone voice of dissent, but I was never a fan of Woody Allen flicks going back to the beginning of his career. After all the crap that went down when he was fcuking his step-daughter along with the fallout cemented my disgust with the man.