PDA

View Full Version : Russia urges ISU to lift ban on figure-skater Plushchenko

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21

misskarne
06-17-2011, 02:10 AM
I believe it was a competition on the Russia Cup series, and not strictly speaking, a Cup of Russia (aka Rostelcom) competition. So the ISU never ratified it.

Ah, sorry. Lost in translation. My found "Russia Cup" and auto-corrected it to "Cup of Russia". Thanks!

What could people post to make you shut up, I wonder....

If you find out what it is it would be worth gold. Girl annoys the feck out of me.

Um, excuse me? In what world on here did personal attacks suddenly become okay?

I was answering criticisms levelled at Plushenko by many in this thread. Can't handle that you're wrong? Well fine, but don't have a go at me.

kwanfan1818
06-17-2011, 03:23 AM
I don't quite understand your question, but I'm sure some recently retired skaters might change their mind and want to reinstate.
He was reinstated because he broke a specific rule that allows for an application for reinstatement. I don't know of any other skaters who were deemed ineligible under that rule, which doesn't mean there aren't any. Accepting Plushenko's application is not carte blanche for anyone who has lost eligibility to apply for reinstatement.

My question is which other skaters have broken that specific rule or any other that allows for reinstatement.

overedge
06-17-2011, 04:14 AM
I was answering criticisms levelled at Plushenko by many in this thread. Can't handle that you're wrong? Well fine, but don't have a go at me.

It appears that you can't handle that people might have different opinions than you, or that you might be the one who's wrong.

professordeb
06-17-2011, 03:11 PM
:watch: overedge & misskarne

misskarne
06-17-2011, 03:22 PM
It appears that you can't handle that people might have different opinions than you, or that you might be the one who's wrong.

I hate people who are deliberately ignorant. Arrogant, believes he can win it all, thinks he'll come back and beat everyone, these accusations were all levelled at Plushenko in this thread and others. He gives an answer that proves all of those accusations wrong - that is humble and cautious. I point out that the answer directly contradicts a lot of the haters' accusations. And yet I am the one who is the target of "wish I knew how to shut you up" and "feck the girl annoys me". I could say the same about a lot of posters here, but I do have a sense of manners.

Regardless of whether you agree with my choice of skaters or not, that's not on on a message board. We have PMs for that. Have a problem with me? Fine, do it by PM. There's no call for doing it in the thread.

AJ Skatefan
06-17-2011, 04:09 PM
I hate people who are deliberately ignorant. Arrogant, believes he can win it all, thinks he'll come back and beat everyone, these accusations were all levelled at Plushenko in this thread and others. He gives an answer that proves all of those accusations wrong - that is humble and cautious. I point out that the answer directly contradicts a lot of the haters' accusations. And yet I am the one who is the target of "wish I knew how to shut you up" and "feck the girl annoys me". I could say the same about a lot of posters here, but I do have a sense of manners.

Regardless of whether you agree with my choice of skaters or not, that's not on on a message board. We have PMs for that. Have a problem with me? Fine, do it by PM. There's no call for doing it in the thread.

As I've said before, perhaps it's not the content of your posts, it's your delivery that's so off-putting.

rfisher
06-17-2011, 04:21 PM
And people should just put posters who annoy them on ignore and not discuss who or why they annoy them on the open forum. Thank you.

Sparks
06-17-2011, 06:12 PM
I hate people who are deliberately ignorant.
Such lovely manners.

senorita
06-18-2011, 12:33 AM
In the interview he talks about a "small surgery" on his back (not the spine). He is in pain and the nerve needs to be treated.

Thank you for all the info you provide. Sounds painful though..

Kwanfan1818 you are the voice of reason around here:swoon:

Spartacus
06-19-2011, 03:46 PM
Arrogant, believes he can win it all, thinks he'll come back and beat everyone..
Hmmm that...sounds like Plushenko...to a T actually... imo opinion...of course....:D

AJ Skatefan
06-20-2011, 04:25 AM
Kwanfan1818 you are the voice of reason around here:swoon:

Yes, she is. And she just provided the information without berating other posters.

senorita
06-20-2011, 10:32 AM
^ the thing is that she has provided the information about 372506836512 times and most people keep repeating oh the same old.

AJ Skatefan
06-20-2011, 09:55 PM
^ the thing is that she has provided the information about 372506836512 times and most people keep repeating oh the same old.

not everybody reads every single post.

Sparks
06-21-2011, 01:55 AM
^^^Especially 372506836512 of them. :D:rofl:

Domshabfan
06-21-2011, 04:33 AM
not everybody reads every single post.

You don't need to read every single post, but at least read few posts, since it is repeated 372506836512 times you are bound to get to the information.