PDA

View Full Version : Russia urges ISU to lift ban on figure-skater Plushchenko

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21

ciocio
06-16-2011, 07:54 AM
Jesus!!! It seams that Plushy will have another surgery, on the spine!!!!:eek::eek::eek:
http://www.kp.ru/daily/25703/904811/

They translated the interview on his official site, Ill post here some interesting parts.

About surgeries
-Zhenya, we are very happy for you, congratulations for the return! How you celebrate?
- Thanks for the congratulations, but I do not celebrate, in fact, is not necessary. Of course, I am very glad for my return to amateur sport, that I can perform again on the world stage, to represent my country. For me, this is a great pride. I have always loved to compete. Loved and still love, so I will continue my career.
But there are not very good news - I had surgery on my knee. Slightly cuted meniscus. I am now recovering.
Now I am moving to Munich, from a rehabilitation center. To me forthcoming a small surgery on the spine. They will put the catheter in my spine, and burn the nerve. This is not good news for me and for my fans. But I think it's better now to do it all, clean up, so that later in the season, nothing not worried. And three years to skate conscientiously, qualitatively, without any injuries.:yikes::yikes::yikes:

About his "delusion" that hes better than current skaters and he will beat everybody :lol::rolleyes:
I will work, not how I worked before, than I will work much more, because figure skating gone too far in terms of new skaters, in terms of skating, in terms of steps, in terms of techniques. Take, for example, Patrick Chan, Takahiko Kazuko, our Arthur Gachinski, and Menshov, another good athlete - they already jumps several quads. For example, Arthur Gachinski is jumping already three different quads!
So, I have a lot of work, and I know that it is very difficult. I understand that it will be very difficult to achieve the results which I have had, but I want to try. Maybe the first season will be, as they say: "failed pancakes". Whereas others maybe grow and succeed.

misskarne
06-16-2011, 11:34 AM
His SPINE?!?!?!!?!??! Plushy what have you done to yourself now? :yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes:

That second paragraph ought to shut a few of those haters up...see, he DOES have respect for his fellow skaters, he DOES admit he's not perfect, he DOES admit he's got things to work on, he DOES admit that there is the possibility he won't win everything.

antmanb
06-16-2011, 12:44 PM
His SPINE?!?!?!!?!??! Plushy what have you done to yourself now? :yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes:

That second paragraph ought to shut a few of those haters up...see, he DOES have respect for his fellow skaters, he DOES admit he's not perfect, he DOES admit he's got things to work on, he DOES admit that there is the possibility he won't win everything.

What could people post to make you shut up, I wonder....

RumbleFish
06-16-2011, 12:54 PM
J
About his "delusion" that hes better than current skaters and he will beat everybody :lol::rolleyes:
I will work, not how I worked before, than I will work much more, because figure skating gone too far in terms of new skaters, in terms of skating, in terms of steps, in terms of techniques. Take, for example, Patrick Chan, Takahiko Kazuko, our Arthur Gachinski, and Menshov, another good athlete - they already jumps several quads. For example, Arthur Gachinski is jumping already three different quads!
So, I have a lot of work, and I know that it is very difficult. I understand that it will be very difficult to achieve the results which I have had, but I want to try. Maybe the first season will be, as they say: "failed pancakes". Whereas others maybe grow and succeed.

It seems he is well aware of his own skating and have respect for his competitors. I'm not his greatest fan, but do respect his willingness to improve in such a latter stage of his carrer. I really hope he does well.

Ozzisk8tr
06-16-2011, 01:32 PM
What could people post to make you shut up, I wonder....

If you find out what it is it would be worth gold. Girl annoys the feck out of me.

Proustable
06-16-2011, 01:53 PM
Yes - it was a Cup of Russia competition many years ago, I believe.

I believe it was a competition on the Russia Cup series, and not strictly speaking, a Cup of Russia (aka Rostelcom) competition. So the ISU never ratified it.

Vash01
06-16-2011, 03:58 PM
Jesus!!! It seams that Plushy will have another surgery, on the spine!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

They translated the interview on his official site, Ill post here some interesting parts.

About surgeries
-Zhenya, we are very happy for you, congratulations for the return! How you celebrate?
- Thanks for the congratulations, but I do not celebrate, in fact, is not necessary. Of course, I am very glad for my return to amateur sport, that I can perform again on the world stage, to represent my country. For me, this is a great pride. I have always loved to compete. Loved and still love, so I will continue my career.
But there are not very good news - I had surgery on my knee. Slightly cuted meniscus. I am now recovering.
Now I am moving to Munich, from a rehabilitation center. To me forthcoming a small surgery on the spine. They will put the catheter in my spine, and burn the nerve. This is not good news for me and for my fans. But I think it's better now to do it all, clean up, so that later in the season, nothing not worried. And three years to skate conscientiously, qualitatively, without any injuries.:yikes::yikes::yikes:

This sounds like a very reasonable person. He is cautious in talking about his injury, particularly the spinal surgery, and he acknowledges it is not good news. He acknowledges the younger skaters are talented. He is saying that he is going to pace himself and he is competing because he loves competition. How can anyone hate him? Haters don't need a reason.

MacMadame
06-16-2011, 09:00 PM
Well, I'm surprised that he got his eligibility back. I wonder if this means other skaters will apply and successfully get theirs back as well.

Eislauffan
06-16-2011, 10:04 PM

In the interview he talks about a "small surgery" on his back (not the spine). He is in pain and the nerve needs to be treated.

rfisher
06-16-2011, 10:27 PM
He'll recover from this type of surgery in 2-3 days if there are no complications.

kwanfan1818
06-16-2011, 10:33 PM
Well, I'm surprised that he got his eligibility back. I wonder if this means other skaters will apply and successfully get theirs back as well.
Who else violated the provision that allows reinstatement and not (also) the ones that did?

ItalianFan
06-16-2011, 10:42 PM
This sounds like a very reasonable person. He is cautious in talking about his injury, particularly the spinal surgery, and he acknowledges it is not good news. He acknowledges the younger skaters are talented. He is saying that he is going to pace himself and he is competing because he loves competition. How can anyone hate him? Haters don't need a reason.

for every hater I'm sure there are 10 lovers.....

victoriajh
06-16-2011, 10:57 PM
fsonline is reporting that plushenko was reienstaed

victoriajh
06-16-2011, 10:59 PM
@fsonline
FSO Webmaster Evgeni Plushenko has been reinstated as an eligible skater, effective immediately

let the games begin

MacMadame
06-17-2011, 12:38 AM
Who else violated the provision that allows reinstatement and not (also) the ones that did?
I don't quite understand your question, but I'm sure some recently retired skaters might change their mind and want to reinstate.