View Full Version : Russia urges ISU to lift ban on figure-skater Plushchenko

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21

Aussie Willy
06-14-2011, 11:23 PM
A skull? I thought it was Vera's wang.
:lol:

GoGreen
06-15-2011, 12:43 AM
Best wishes to him and hope he enjoy his journey to Sochi !

I must admit when I first saw him in 1998, even though I was certain he was one of the most talented skater that I have ever seen, I never expected to see him still competing in 2012! Such an amazing career.

misskarne
06-15-2011, 01:36 AM
I think a lot of people are stuck in the belief that he won't change anything; they're anticipating another TA, they think that's what he'll do all the way to Sochi.

I have a feeling there's a little bit of denial going on that Plushenko may in fact be improving... ;)

He has already said he knows last season's program wasn't good enough. He's already said he's working on the areas he was deficient in. And he's adding jumps to his arsenal - the quad salchow, the quad loop, and the quad lutz.

He openly admitted that he's been taking and incorporating ideas from this year's men's field, and I assume he's been watching Chan very closely because he knows that Chan is the one he's got to beat.

He's even got Zhulin on board to choreograph for him!

Those 1.31 points he lost by in Vancouver have motivated him greatly, and I'm thinking we'll be seeing a slightly different and altogether more serious Plushenko this season.

Japanfan
06-15-2011, 01:52 AM
He's already said he's working on the areas he was deficient in. And he's adding jumps to his arsenal - the quad salchow, the quad loop, and the quad lutz.

:lol:

Perhaps it be more accurate to say that he is hoping to add three new quads to his arsenal?

luCN
06-15-2011, 02:29 AM
I heard Plushenko had a surgery on his left knee,anyone knows the details?

Sylvia
06-15-2011, 02:34 AM
From yesterday's Associated Press newswire article (http://www.google.com/hostednews/canadianpress/article/ALeqM5g59Kisyjfa1_1dfSnbE5rPf3lNhg?docId=7133850):

Plushenko, who is recovering from a knee operation in Germany, sent a message Sunday to his fans on Twitter.

"I underwent knee surgery and had my meniscus cut a bit," he wrote. "And the good news is that I can compete now. I'll be back on track in two weeks."

Civic
06-15-2011, 05:17 AM
In the immortal words of Nancy Kerrigan, "WHY?!?!?!?!? WHY!?!?!?!?!?!?"

To mess with Plushy haters of course.;) Seriously, Plushy and Mishin have both been at the rodeo for a long time. They know full well that he's have to improve his spins and transitions in order to be competitive with Chan. I don't expect him to have the same kind of program he skated in Vancouver. Of course, it remains to be seen if he can improve his transitions while maintaining his jump consistency However, I will be very surprised if he doesn't at least *try* to do so.

RumbleFish
06-15-2011, 05:39 AM
I think a lot of people are stuck in the belief that he won't change anything; they're anticipating another TA, they think that's what he'll do all the way to Sochi.

I have a feeling there's a little bit of denial going on that Plushenko may in fact be improving... ;)

He has already said he knows last season's program wasn't good enough. He's already said he's working on the areas he was deficient in. And he's adding jumps to his arsenal - the quad salchow, the quad loop, and the quad lutz.

He openly admitted that he's been taking and incorporating ideas from this year's men's field, and I assume he's been watching Chan very closely because he knows that Chan is the one he's got to beat.

He's even got Zhulin on board to choreograph for him!

Those 1.31 points he lost by in Vancouver have motivated him greatly, and I'm thinking we'll be seeing a slightly different and altogether more serious Plushenko this season.

This

Also, there is no guarantee that Chan will keep his quads until Sochi. Timothy Goebel Anyone?

OliviaPug
06-15-2011, 05:49 AM
I'm mildly interested.

O-

ciocio
06-15-2011, 09:30 AM
I heard Plushenko had a surgery on his left knee,anyone knows the details?

Here is an interview about his reinstatement and surgery.
http://www.rg.ru/2011/06/15/plushenko.html

Hes fine, hes recovering in a clinic near Munich. He says hell skip Jaca camp and he hopes to attend the next camp, in Tallinn, but only for off-ice training.
It seems that the knee bothered him a lot last season and he went three times to Germany for treatment. Finally doctors advised him to undergo surgery.:(:fragile:

Sparks
06-15-2011, 02:12 PM
This

Also, there is no guarantee that Chan will keep his quads until Sochi. Timothy Goebel Anyone?

Or anyone for that matter, including Plushenko.

misskarne
06-15-2011, 02:15 PM
Or anyone for that matter, including Plushenko.

The difference being, Plushenko has never had a problem landing his. You can probably count on two hands the number of times he's fallen in international competition in the last decade.

Sparks
06-15-2011, 02:20 PM
Live by the quad, die by the quad. One never knows...

misskarne
06-15-2011, 02:24 PM
I'm not saying he'll never fall again, but at least he's had the jump consistently for a long time and has never resembled a human Zamboni... :lol:

Sparks
06-15-2011, 02:30 PM
No one said he did.