PDA

View Full Version : Russia urges ISU to lift ban on figure-skater Plushchenko

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

senorita
06-13-2011, 07:17 PM
wow I m living under a rock, now I read the news... GBG: (god bless google)

Is it naive to hope that we can stop talking about it?
Of course we stop:D, we need more bandwidth for if Yuna sneezes or if Leonova is a poor - like Slutskaya:scream: <--- joke;)

Eislauffan I know you cant tell about your forthcoming interview:) but had evgeni talked about this surgery, I mean can you tell if his knee surgery was scheduled or it is due to another sudden injury? If it is info you can give of course and thanx.

RD
06-13-2011, 09:30 PM
Don't know how I feel about this. I mean, they'd better be this flexible to everyone else if they don't want accusations of favoritism.

kwanatic
06-13-2011, 09:39 PM
^^ Yeah, it does seem like he's jumping back in b/c the Olympics will be in his home country. IDK, it could be a Russian sweep of nearly all disciplines in Soichi...I wouldn't be surprised. I dislike Plushy's arrogance, but if he wants to compete and he's capable...let him. But if by some chance he wins, it better be because he earned it.

But I can't see him beating a clean, 2-quad P. Chiddy or Kozuka. Plushy figured he could jump his way to another gold, and though Evan annoys me at times, I much preferred his skating (and all of it's annoying nuances) to Plushy's attempt to coast to gold on a quad. COP emphasizes more than just jumping and I really hope that message sinks in for Plushy this time...

Boy, is Soichi going to be interesting or what?

Eislauffan
06-13-2011, 10:06 PM
Eislauffan I know you cant tell about your forthcoming interview:) but had evgeni talked about this surgery, I mean can you tell if his knee surgery was scheduled or it is due to another sudden injury? If it is info you can give of course and thanx.

When I talked to Evgeni Plushenko, he said that his left knee is bothering him and that he has seen the doctors and got an injection. The surgery must have been a recent development.

ItalianFan
06-13-2011, 10:58 PM
[QUOTE=kwanatic;3207809]^^ Yeah, it does seem like he's jumping back in b/c the Olympics will be in his home country. IDK, it could be a Russian sweep of nearly all disciplines in Soichi...I wouldn't be surprised. I dislike Plushy's arrogance, but if he wants to compete and he's capable...let him. But if by some chance he wins, it better be because he earned it.

The judges are not all Russian, therefore, IF he were to win-- presumably it would not be because he was the "favorite son" in the Russian games. I am sure that he learned the COP lesson in Vancouver and that we will NOT see Plushenko skating from jump to jump in next competitions..

overedge
06-13-2011, 11:28 PM
. I am sure that he learned the COP lesson in Vancouver and that we will NOT see Plushenko skating from jump to jump in next competitions..

He couldn't have *not* been aware of COP before he competed in Vancouver, but he still went ahead with the program as it was. Yes, he paid the price for it, but I still have my doubts as to whether he "learned the COP lesson". I hope he has had something of an attitude change in the time since.....

rfisher
06-14-2011, 01:33 AM
I hope he has had something of an attitude change in the time since.....

I don't. I hope he :kickass: not kiss it.

BittyBug
06-14-2011, 01:44 AM
He couldn't have *not* been aware of COP before he competed in Vancouver, but he still went ahead with the program as it was. Yes, he paid the price for it, but I still have my doubts as to whether he "learned the COP lesson". I hope he has had something of an attitude change in the time since.....LOL - You all act as if Plushenko barely made the score board instead of having come within 1.31 of repeating as the champion. One double toe tacked onto any of his combinations and the results would have been different.

misskarne
06-14-2011, 01:55 AM
He couldn't have *not* been aware of COP before he competed in Vancouver, but he still went ahead with the program as it was. Yes, he paid the price for it, but I still have my doubts as to whether he "learned the COP lesson". I hope he has had something of an attitude change in the time since.....

He has already said that he's been working on his spins and transitions in particular. He's getting Zhulin to choreograph for him, FFS. He's not stupid. He's working on it. Give the guy a little credit.

I don't. I hope he :kickass: not kiss it.

Me too.

LOL - You all act as if Plushenko barely made the score board instead of having come within 1.31 of repeating as the champion. One double toe tacked onto any of his combinations and the results would have been different.

:lol: This exactly. If you want to call Vancouver his "worst" LP ever, fine. But be prepared to admit that Plushenko's worst was only 1.31 points lower than Lysacek's best.

Jenna
06-14-2011, 02:03 AM
:lol: This exactly. If you want to call Vancouver his "worst" LP ever, fine. But be prepared to admit that Plushenko's worst was only 1.31 points lower than Lysacek's best.

Well, he picked a really sh*tty time to do that, didn't he? :P

misskarne
06-14-2011, 02:16 AM
Well, he picked a really sh*tty time to do that, didn't he? :P

If the performance of TA was exactly the same as at Europeans, he'd have won. The Euros skate was nearly flawless.

But that was last season. I think it's pretty safe to guarantee we won't see a repeat of the choreographic disaster that was TA.

(Which is a shame, because I actually loved the music!)

Cherub721
06-14-2011, 02:17 AM
LOL - You all act as if Plushenko barely made the score board instead of having come within 1.31 of repeating as the champion. One double toe tacked onto any of his combinations and the results would have been different.

Seriously! :respec:

kwanfan1818
06-14-2011, 03:12 AM
Wasn't the exhibition immediately after Worlds? If so, I'm not sure how this was competing with Worlds. The TV contracts would have already been in place, and any impact his absence would have had on the ratings would have happened if he were sitting on the beach as opposed to skating in a show.

reflect
06-14-2011, 03:18 AM
If the performance of TA was exactly the same as at Europeans, he'd have won. The Euros skate was nearly flawless.

the Euro FS score is 164.09 while the Oly is 165.51. I try to put them in more details.
Putting aside PCS, which is difficult to judge; for TES, in Euro, Plushy doubled the 3LZ and got 1.66, while in Oly, he finished it and the score was 6.6. this cause the biggest difference.

well, the good news is he did improve since COR to Euro to Oly, the bad news it is still not enough:rolleyes:

Aussie Willy
06-14-2011, 04:13 AM
He was indeed. He had a spot all ready for that mirror ball trophy in his new Las Vegas condo. He had to settle for an animal skull he found and a fake deer head. (((Evan)))
I don't know. Maybe it was an animal skull covered in glitter.