PDA

View Full Version : Russia urges ISU to lift ban on figure-skater Plushchenko

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

bardtoob
06-13-2011, 05:49 AM
He is truly committed to his sport.

If he was truly committed to the "sport", then he would not skip opportunities to compete, no?

Vash01
06-13-2011, 06:42 AM
I hope Plushy stays healthy so that we can see him skate well.

a56
06-13-2011, 08:36 AM
Never in doubt. I'm curious to see when will be his next competition.

Coco
06-13-2011, 01:51 PM
I hope he doesn't regret this, although the rules changes did help him.

misskarne
06-13-2011, 02:59 PM
If he was truly committed to the "sport", then he would not skip opportunities to compete, no?

He withdrew because his knee prevented him from skating at his full capacity. There was no subterfuge, it was a genuine problem. He had intended to go to Worlds.

At least he didn't pull out to dance in some stupid rigged TV show...

Woohoo! Plushy is back! I hope the others are ready for the fight of their careers! :plush: :plush: :plush: :plush:

Daria
06-13-2011, 03:07 PM
My best wishes to Evgeni and all the Russian skaters!:cheer2:

allezfred
06-13-2011, 03:37 PM

Yeah, Evan :wuzrobbed !!!!

rfisher
06-13-2011, 04:33 PM
Yeah, Evan :wuzrobbed !!!!

He was indeed. He had a spot all ready for that mirror ball trophy in his new Las Vegas condo. He had to settle for an animal skull he found and a fake deer head. (((Evan)))

nubka
06-13-2011, 05:12 PM

I guess that means that Kwan, Kim and many others greats who have skipped competitions weren't committed to their sport either? :rolleyes:

bardtoob
06-13-2011, 05:14 PM
He withdrew because his knee prevented him from skating at his full capacity. There was no subterfuge, it was a genuine problem. He had intended to go to Worlds.

How small is your perspective!

Plushy pulled out from skating in competition with prize money at stake to skate in an exhibition, a competing product, with guaranteed money.

Somebody else pulled out of skating competition with prize money at stake to dance on television, not a competing product, with guaranteed money.

One threatens the commercial viability of the sport while the other does not.

I guess that means that Kwan, Kim and many others greats who have skipped competitions weren't committed to their sport either...? :rolleyes:

Kwan, Kim, and other that skipped competitions during this era of Olympic Eligible Professionals operated within their obligations to the sports governing body. Plushy did not, even if his National Governing Body is full of inept cronies that probably are using him to avoid sanctioning of the whole inept organization.

sk9tingfan
06-13-2011, 05:28 PM
IMO, get out the anti-emetics, quick! :P

skatesindreams
06-13-2011, 05:40 PM
And he is back.
http://www.sports.ru/others/figure-skating/103474663.html

It was never a matter of "if" he would be re-instated; but, "when"!

bardtoob
06-13-2011, 05:50 PM
It was never a matter of "if" he would be re-instated; but, "when"!

Don't I know it . . . so different from the era of, "Oh, you won prize money for singing at a county fair. You are a professional performer, and therefore banished for life from figure skating in competition."

Ozzisk8tr
06-13-2011, 05:57 PM

Woohoo! Plushy is back! I hope the others are ready for the fight of their careers! :plush: :plush: :plush: :plush:

Can you be any more delusional?

rfisher
06-13-2011, 06:02 PM
Can you be any more delusional?

Who knows? It'll depend on the actual results of the competitions. :lol: Unless you have a better crystal ball.