PDA

View Full Version : Prayers for my mom...

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

Andrushka
06-01-2011, 03:45 AM
I will pray for your mom Bailey.

shan
06-01-2011, 03:51 AM
(((Bailey and mom))) I will pray for you, your mom, and your family. You guys are going through so much right now. :(

tarotx
06-01-2011, 05:57 AM
Sending positive thoughts to and saying prayers for your mom, you and the whole family.

Cyn
06-01-2011, 07:40 AM
(((((Bailey, BaileyMom, and family)))))

Keeping you, your Mom, and your family in my thoughts and sending positive vibes your way.

Satellitegirl
06-01-2011, 01:53 PM
((((Bailey)))) I'm very sorry to hear about your Mom and all you're going through. Keeping you in my thoughts. I know I'd be a mess if it were my Mom. Cry all you want. If you're at work, just take some extra bathroom breaks. It's what I do when I need to cry. Hang in there :( .

Patsy
06-01-2011, 07:52 PM
Bailey, I'm adding you and your mom to my nightly candle list here in ND.

Hang in there!

Vash01
06-01-2011, 07:54 PM
((((Bailey)))), it must be so hard for you to see your mother suffer like this. All my good wishes and prayers are with you, your mom, and the rest of your family.

skatemommy
06-01-2011, 10:24 PM
Be strong ((Bailey)). Prayers rising and storming Heaven's gates!

Marilou
06-01-2011, 11:41 PM
Bailey, you and your mom are in my thoughts and prayers. I know first-hand how stressful this time can be. You have received some good advice here. The most important thing you can do is take time to care for yourself...it sounds so simplistic, but it really is the key to coping. If you find yourself struggling and need help be sure to ask for it from your family and friends. If you need a break - take it.

And Bailey, make sure you take time to tell your mom how you feel about her. Share loving moments that you can draw on for strength. Read to her and pray with her. Make sure that no matter what happens, you have no regrets.

Sending hugs.....

Bailey_
06-02-2011, 01:29 AM
Thanks everyone. I had to strongly advise my mom and my dad yesterday that she needed to return to hospital. It was not what she wanted, I thought myself when we left the house that she may never return, but it was what we needed to do. With a little help from some angels in emerg and Cancer Care, we were able to get her admitted today. She was really angry with me, but she is very confused right now and not able to think clearly and make decisions. My dad is having so much difficulty, but bless his soul, he did what he needed to do. The doctor confirmed multiple myeloma and they are doing some more proceedures to see if the cancer has spread to her brain. The doctor was actually more positive and hopeful that I would have thought - so I still have hope tonight. But, it has been two very long and very stressful days... hoping that they will be able to get started with some treatment this week and things will get a little better soon. I can feel all of your thoughts and your prayers. Please keep us in your prayers... Bailey xoxo

doubleturn
06-02-2011, 01:27 PM
((((Bailey))))

Been down this road myself. In 1995, my brother was diagnosed with Stage 4 Non-Hodkin Lymphoma. He had to take a medical leave of absence from university, underwent a stem cell transplant and will reach 15 years post-transplant this October 30th.

The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society has excellent information that you may want to check out at http://www.lls.org/#/diseaseinformation/lymphoma/

skatesindreams
06-02-2011, 03:03 PM
Please keep us in your prayers... Bailey xoxo

(((((Bailey)))) - of course.
Thank you for the update.
Please continue to update us, when you can.

beepbeep
06-02-2011, 06:15 PM
(((Bailey)))

You and your family are in our thoughts.

mikemba
06-02-2011, 06:35 PM
Dear Bailey, I have advanced cancer myself. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts in prayers.

One of the most important things -- to me -- was that I needed people to respect my decisions. Getting cancer treatment is awful and not getting cancer treatment is awful. As someone with advacned cancer I have found that there were no goood choices, just a choice of 2 poor options.

Sometimes the best thing the family can do is to help the person with cancer figure out what is right for him or her, and then to accept whatever the person with cancer decides -- even if it is not what you would do.

Peace to you and your family.

Bailey_
06-02-2011, 09:54 PM
Your prayers are working everyone... we got the results of the head ct this morning and it was normal. Happy dance!! This is the first piece of good news we have heard in weeks. They are starting the steroids this afternoon and the doctors say we should see a nice difference soon. It is more encouraging and my whole family are very happy.

Thanks again for your thoughts and prayers.

And, thank you so much for your comment mikemba. It is very timely, and very much appreciated. I will add you to my prayers tonight, and I wish you all the best.