PDA

View Full Version : Prayers for my mom...

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

Lanie
05-31-2011, 01:19 AM
Praying for your mom and her health.

pat c
05-31-2011, 01:34 AM
((((((((Bailey and mom Deirdre)))))

Carmen Ovsiannikov
05-31-2011, 05:59 AM
Bailey, I don't have any advice to offer you but I'll keep you and your Mom in my thoughts and prayers. Hopefully the chemo will work and your Mom finds herself in a better frame of mind so that she can fight. I'm so sorry this is happening to you and my condolences on your Grandfather's passing.

((((((((Bailey, Mom and family))))))))

Civic
05-31-2011, 06:10 AM
(((Bailey))) I'll keep you and your mother in my thoughts. I second another poster's advice on finding out as much information as you can about your mother's cancer. Your local public library would be a good place to start. Make an appointment to meet with the reference librarian. This will save you time in the long run since he/she can suggest the resources that would be most helpful.

Really
05-31-2011, 06:13 AM
((((((hugs)))))))

nuge
05-31-2011, 09:26 AM
Thinking of you and your mother Bailey xox Stay strong and look after yourself too.

judiz
05-31-2011, 12:15 PM
{{{hugs}}} and prayers

Habs
05-31-2011, 03:42 PM
Hugs and prayers, Bailey. :(

Lisa
05-31-2011, 05:47 PM
(((Bailey)))

Praying for you and your mom.

aliceanne
05-31-2011, 06:59 PM
Don't hesitate to ask family members for help (sibliings, in-laws, children, nieces/nephews). Some people may disappoint you, but you may be surprised at who comes through. When my mother underwent multiple surgeries while in her eighties, it was my 20 something nieces and nephews who stayed with her. My sister and I couldn't have managed without them.

If you talk to your friends and co-workers about your situation you'll find many who have been/or are in the same type of situation and can offer support.

nubka
05-31-2011, 07:04 PM
I'm truly sorry for your mom and your family. I know what it's like to have to have a loved one with cancer. Is bone marrow transplant an option? My little boy underwent a BMT, but he had AML Luekemia. Sending prayers your way.

Kruss
05-31-2011, 07:31 PM
Praying for you, your mom and your entire family. (((be strong)))

Cheylana
05-31-2011, 10:19 PM
Bailey - Hugs to you, your mom and your entire family. You probably already feel like you've been through the ringer, especially with the initial misdiagnoses....and chemo and other treatment are a long haul in themselves. But at least now they know what they are dealing with, so now your mom can get proper treatment. Be prepared for the chemo to be very hard on your mom's body, but she can rebuild once she goes into remission. Hang in there because things can get better. My coworker was diagnosed with myeloma quite a few years ago, and she's still going very strong - still working and everything.

Take Google research with a grain of salt - often the information (e.g., survival rates) is outdated and can unnecessarily freak you out. I totally agree with asking the doctors all questions that come to mind, and seeking out local support organizations that can give you good information and advice.

Will be praying for you!

Anita18
06-01-2011, 02:08 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about your mom! :( I hope that you'll receive all the support you can get - don't be afraid to reach out!

topaz
06-01-2011, 02:33 AM
I"m so sorry to hear this Bailey. I will definitely add you and mom to my prayers. Try to stay strong and keep the faith.