PDA

View Full Version : Pssst! Could I Bother You For A Million Dollars?

Pages : [1] 2 3

PeterG
05-30-2011, 01:31 AM
I really want to purchase this property:

$1,335,000 / 3br - Hobby Ranch on 158 Amazing Acres - (Salmon Arm, BC) (http://kelowna.en.craigslist.ca/reb/2400738702.html)

I moved out of the city to the suburbs and now I think I really want to live in the country. And 158 acres would be enough, right?

I want to start an organization that will be called something like "The Dream Centre". I'd build a large housing complex (small rooms like at universities) where people can come live for free. The goal would be to clarify all of our life's dreams and then start taking action on creating a game plan specifying how we will all get what we want.

Morning will focus on our physical health. (If you don't have your health...what have you got???)

Afternoons will focus on mental health. What roadblocks have we acquired throughout life that keep us from getting what we want? How do we get rid of those road blocks? Afternoons would also be time to develop and strengthen social skills, which play a big part in one getting the things they want.

Evenings will be various classes, topics as varied as one can imagine! Anything that will help make us stronger so that we have more skills to make our dreams come true. Sometimes we'll have guest instructors and other times the participants will lead classes in something they have experience with.

Weekends will be volunteering in the community to help others, as well as to develop whatever skills we need to strengthen.

People can stay until they have the skills and the game plan that they need. Then we cry a lot as we let them go... Which makes room for a new person to come in. Everyone can stay as long as they want/need. I'm thinking we'll end up having a long waiting list.

BUT I NEED A MILLION DOLLARS TO GET STARTED!!!

PM if you have a million or more dollars that you don't need. I will try to pay you back, but this won't be a profit-making venture, so it might take me a while... :shuffle:

Norlite
05-30-2011, 02:50 AM
If I had a mill to spare I'd invest in you Peter.

Sounds wonderful. :)

my little pony
05-30-2011, 02:53 AM
when some generous soul gives you the million, i want to be one of the people who lives at the dream center for free.

Aussie Willy
05-30-2011, 03:21 AM
Maybe Adele could help you - she could claim it on her tax to reduce her income so she doesn't have to pay as much tax.

PeterG
05-30-2011, 03:23 AM
Maybe Adele could help you - she could claim it on her tax to reduce her income so she doesn't have to pay as much tax.

No guns allowed at The Dream Centre TM.

when some generous soul gives you the million, i want to be one of the people who lives at the dream center for free.

It's free for everybody. But you gotta participate. No time for FSU!!! :P

KatieC
05-30-2011, 03:28 AM
If I had a million dollars - I'd buy you a house.....

the view looks wonderful, but the no time for FSU is upsetting.

PeterG
05-30-2011, 04:55 AM
You'll have plenty of time for FSU. That rule only applies to mylittlepony.

:kisses:

LilJen
05-30-2011, 02:26 PM
<snort> If I had that million I'd go in on it with you--as long as you agreed that I could build a fabulous dance studio/performance venue and finally create my fantasy modern dance troupe consisting of former skaters.

Dragonlady
05-30-2011, 05:28 PM
There is a place just like the one you hope to build near King City. I went to one of their "services" one Sunday. They spend a lot of time "looking inside themselves". One woman said she really wanted to go jogging in the morning. She was looking inside herself to find the whatever she needed to get out of her bed and go jogging in the morning.

The person leading the service talked about a troubled place somewhere in the world. He said everyone should look inside themselves to see what they could do to help these poor people. They should put calming, healing vibes out to the universe.

BC really needs a place just like this Peter and having met you, I think you'd make a dandy leader of a group like this. I will warn you that the King City group does run an organic farm to pay the bills so it's not all sitting around and meditating.

If I had a million dollars, I'd send it out to you, but for now please accept these calming and healing vibes.

milanessa
05-30-2011, 05:41 PM
If I had a million dollars you wouldn't get it, Peter. :( Now, If I had 72 million you'd be in with a chance. :)

Habs
05-30-2011, 06:37 PM
Cheque's in the mail, Peter. Let me know when it arrives ;)

overedge
05-30-2011, 07:07 PM
<snort> If I had that million I'd go in on it with you--as long as you agreed that I could build a fabulous dance studio/performance venue and finally create my fantasy modern dance troupe consisting of former skaters.

I want an ice rink as well.

PeterG
05-30-2011, 10:05 PM
...as long as you agreed that I could build a fabulous dance studio/performance venue...

I want an ice rink as well.

Those would be future endeavors for sure! I'd also like to create a community that focusses on music (where everyone will learn everything, there wouldn't be songwriters over there and producers over there and performers over there...). And a community all about learning everything to do with theatre. And a community which is all about social change. Maybe I'll create a community in each province! But I need...

Now, If I had 72 million you'd be in with a chance. :)

Cheque's in the mail, Peter. Let me know when it arrives ;)

...oops! Problem solved! :cheer2: :D :cheer2: :rockstar:

Aussie Willy
05-30-2011, 11:05 PM
There is a place just like the one you hope to build near King City. I went to one of their "services" one Sunday. They spend a lot of time "looking inside themselves". One woman said she really wanted to go jogging in the morning. She was looking inside herself to find the whatever she needed to get out of her bed and go jogging in the morning.

The person leading the service talked about a troubled place somewhere in the world. He said everyone should look inside themselves to see what they could do to help these poor people. They should put calming, healing vibes out to the universe.

Did she actually go jogging or just look inside herself to see if she could jog?

The whole thing sounds like it could be an episode of Family Guy.

KatieC
05-31-2011, 01:26 AM
...oops! Problem solved! :cheer2: :D :cheer2: :rockstar:

Let us know when it's up and running. I'll bring some homemade chocolate chip cookies with me.