PDA

View Full Version : E! Online: Will Kim Kardashian's Wedding Be Bigger Than Kate Middleton's? Read more

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

DickButtonFan
05-27-2011, 07:38 AM
http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b244052_will_kim_kardashians_wedding_be_bigger.htm l#comments
:rolleyes:

Why do I have a feeling Kim was watching the royal wedding and thinking "hmm I want the whole world's eyes on me too, I'm going to arrange a marriage proposal just before the new season of KUWTK starts!"

triple_toe
05-27-2011, 07:51 AM
No. But her ass certainly will be. :blah: :slinkaway

Cyn
05-27-2011, 08:40 AM
Ugh. I cannot stand the Kardashian clan, and sick of channels like E! and Bravo for putting shows about shallow, vapid, spoiled, whiny idiots on the air and ramming them down our throats 24/7. These twits and those moronic women from Bravo's "Housewives" franchise are an insult to women are the reason I rarely watch either network.

What exactly have the Kardashians done to merit any fame? It's certainly not for their intellect. None of them had any talent to make them famous, unless one of them having her twat go viral in a sex tape qualifies? They weren't/aren't singers or actresses, they certainly weren't published writers.

Still, somehow, I can't escape any of their ugly mugs and fat asses. They're like kudzu - an annoyance that tries to overtake every place it goes, and no matter how often you cut it back, it continues to show up . In situations like this, one would think that the easiest way to avoid them would be to change the channel, but that doesn't help. They show up on every news network and in every magazine, even for the most minute of items.

That the American public seems to relish in following their every move makes my soul die a bit more each day, for they are proof positive that more and more people are more interested in style rather than substance, and because of that, women that do deserve respect and recognition are shoved to the wayside in favor of a bunch of vain, silicone-enhanced, talentless bimbos that bring absolutely nothing to the table.

Ryan Seacrest, who created this moronic medusa, should be taken to the woodshed for sicc'ing them on the public.

ETA: The comments section of that article are :rofl: :respec: - they're ripping the Kardashians and E! a couple of new ones. Too bad that can't happen in real life.

orbitz
05-27-2011, 10:34 AM
I don't get why the public is criticizing Kim for her engagement. I'm not a big fan of the her and her family, but it's the boyfriend who decided when to propose and bought the big ring, and it's the tabloid media that turning it into a big deal. Yesterday on The View, Joy Bayhar criticized Kim for "flaunting" the expensive ring in the public face when people are facing tough time economically, LOL;I was like "WTF Joy" ?

Anita18
05-27-2011, 10:44 AM
No, but Kim will definitely be more plastic than Kate. WTF did she do to her face?!?!? :scream:

CantALoop
05-27-2011, 11:00 AM
The "article" isn't worth reading but those comments are :rofl:

A few select ones:

The Rapture DID happen. And THIS is our punishment

that's alot of money to pay for something that probably won't last (talking about kim).

The Kardashians believe the more std's you have in Hollywood the more popular they will be. White wedding dress, yea right, and I'm the Queen of England

Seriously? That's like comparing a turd to a diamond.

I'm sure that Kim's snatch if bigger than Kate's.

overedge
05-27-2011, 04:08 PM
I don't get why the public is criticizing Kim for her engagement. I'm not a big fan of the her and her family, but it's the boyfriend who decided when to propose and bought the big ring, and it's the tabloid media that turning it into a big deal.

Her mom/manager is one of the biggest publicity hounds out there. I don't think the tabloid media just happened to learn about the engagement by chance. The boyfriend might have decided to propose and bought the big ring, and it could have all been quiet and low-key, but I bet mom/manager or her publicity people were all over it once they got wind of it.

IIRC when the other sister got married to the basketball player, manager mom paid them $2 million to agree to have the wedding on whichever reality show they were involved with, and stage-managed the whole thing to the nth degree.

ArtisticFan
05-27-2011, 04:12 PM
I don't get why the public is criticizing Kim for her engagement. I'm not a big fan of the her and her family, but it's the boyfriend who decided when to propose and bought the big ring, and it's the tabloid media that turning it into a big deal. Yesterday on The View, Joy Bayhar criticized Kim for "flaunting" the expensive ring in the public face when people are facing tough time economically, LOL;I was like "WTF Joy" ?

While her engagement is news, it is beyond a little suspect that it happened and the news breaks just before a new season of the show. If I remember correctly, almost every time they have a new season there is some sort of engagement/wedding/baby announcement. If not that, it is someone getting together with an ex-boyfriend. I guess we'll know how much of a publicity stunt it is when we know if the camera crew was there when he popped the question. These girls do very little without full hair, make up and production.

For all their faults, Kris, Ryan and their band of publicists (refuse to call them PR people) are very good. They don't shy away from giving interviews and statements to the tabloids that many celebs and regular people would rather jump off a bridge than do. Legit media uses syndicated stories of them, but rarely touches them for exclusives. So they certainly have figured out how to play the game and get the coverage for anything and everything.

As for flaunting it, that is what Kim is known to do. She is very good at showing her hand or other body part off in even candid pictures. It is one of the ways that she makes money (having herself photographed with expensive items). I find very little of what she does to be in good taste, so flashing an expensive and big diamond around is probably not going to offend me much more than I'm usually offended by her and her family. So far her flaunting has been minimally invasive and more harmless. However, I could certainly see her becoming a fixture in the entertainment media with "exclusive wedding details."

Spinner
05-27-2011, 04:53 PM
What exactly have the Kardashians done to merit any fame?
Not sure, but they got a nice long post out of you. ;) just sayin'...
Anyway, all I'll add is a paraphrase what someone posted on Twitter about Donald Trump when he announced he wasn't running for president: "Kim Kardashian, you cannot imagine the immensity of the fcuck we do not give." :lol:

Satellitegirl
05-27-2011, 05:14 PM
They wouldn't be popular if the dorks of the world didn't watch them and give them ratings.

Cheylana
05-27-2011, 05:33 PM
Ugh. I cannot stand the Kardashian clan, and sick of channels like E! and Bravo for putting shows about shallow, vapid, spoiled, whiny idiots on the air and ramming them down our throats 24/7. These twits and those moronic women from Bravo's "Housewives" franchise are an insult to women are the reason I rarely watch either network.
Although I totally agree with you, I'd go even further. MTV and VH1 are even moreso littered with stupid, vapid teenager getting outlandish sweet sixteen parties, flaunting their babies, hanging out on the Jersey Shore, etc. etc. Honestly, the popularity of these "camera following morons around" reality shows is why I hardly watch any TV anymore...which is probably just as well.

Ryan Seacrest, who created this moronic medusa, should be taken to the woodshed for sicc'ing them on the public.
Sadly he is laughing his way to the bank. Maybe the viewers should be taken to the woodshed for watching this tripe. :lol:

ETA - Also, what Satellitegirl said

manleywoman
05-27-2011, 05:35 PM
It still makes me sad that Elizabeth Taylor's last tweet was about Kim Kardashian.

VIETgrlTerifa
05-28-2011, 04:45 PM
Elizabeth Taylor tweeted? Wow.

manleywoman
05-28-2011, 08:24 PM
She did. Her last one from February 9th:

@DameElizabeth (Elizabeth Taylor)
My interview in Bazaar with Kim Kardashian came out!!! http://j.mp/eqQsGa

Anita18
05-28-2011, 09:11 PM
It still makes me sad that Elizabeth Taylor's last tweet was about Kim Kardashian.
http://xkcd.com/791/

:o