PDA

View Full Version : SYTYCD Audition rounds (starts 5/26)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

slicekw
05-27-2011, 02:31 AM
I'll give this guy points for expressing how I felt after work on Thursday last week within his dance.

But. Seriously?

my little pony
05-27-2011, 02:31 AM
maybe nigel needs to pack a tranquilizer gun for moments like this

beepbeep
05-27-2011, 02:33 AM
Got myself a stream!! (they don't broadcast current seasons in Brazil...)

Just in time for... that o_O

Matryeshka
05-27-2011, 02:35 AM
What exactly did he accomplish? He had a nice smile, I guess. What is his story? That pisses me off.

I'll bet he has videos of himself dancing to Lady Gaga and then giving a spoken word tribute on his feelings of alienation.

Skunk girl makes it. I'm shocked.

Capella
05-27-2011, 02:35 AM
Very surprised homeless girl got through to Vegas. I didn't think she was good enough to get to choreography. She seemed like a "come back next season" dancer.

rfisher
05-27-2011, 02:39 AM
My high def satellite just lost the signal and the screen is frozen on the most unfortunate image of Nigel. :rofl:

Capella
05-27-2011, 02:43 AM
B-boy is sooooo strong! But when they showed him with his friends, he's so short. :( That's going to be hard for partnering.

Matryeshka
05-27-2011, 02:45 AM
Heck yeah? Is Tyce 12 all of a sudden? That was some great B-Boying--had some actual dance moves.

I hope they do NOT do the home visits this year. That was painful to watch and very soul-crushing.

HOLY GLEE BALLS. It's the Yeah Yeah Yeah girl!!! :eek: :rofl: :eek: She needs to break out into song!

slicekw
05-27-2011, 02:46 AM
not a fan of the choreo fakeout for poor Ryan.

slicekw
05-27-2011, 02:47 AM
this little girl Lily reminds me of the asian girl in Hair. Movements very similar.

Matryeshka
05-27-2011, 02:55 AM
He is oddly graceful. I'll bet he'd be a "surprise" at Contemporary. He hit some beautiful poses at the beginning.

When Toni says performance what she's really saying is, I wouldn't sleep with you, and I'd sleep with just about everyone.

Garden Kitty
05-27-2011, 03:07 AM
Some Skaters weigh in on twitter:

Tanith:
Loving this "turfing" stuff....and also wishing I could pull off zebra jeggings.

Tanith:
Oh wow, so they actually do sell those shades of eye shadow to girls other than figure skaters

Jennifer Wester:
but ... Maybe they shouldn't.

Tanith:
Mary Murphy's blonde.....because clearly she needed to be having way more fun, haha

Tanith:
Girls with two-tone hair always make it. She's in for sure

Jennifer Wester:
Ha! Daniil just tried out 'the insect'...looked more like a squished bug! But good try!

I think I'd like watching this show with Tanith - she can snark with the best!

Allskate
05-27-2011, 06:03 AM
I may be in the minority, but I really likede the dancer from Marietta.

I wish they had shown more of the dancers who went through in Atlanta. I think Nigel may not be willing to pay for the music rights.

Overall, this wasn't the best night of auditions, or at least not the ones they showed.

genevieve
05-27-2011, 06:20 AM
So glad SYTYCD is back! :cheer2:

And very pleased to see only a few crap auditions - although why they gave serious amounts of airtime to the fake angst guy is beyond me.

Was excited for the first couple - the fast salsa duo - but he was soooooooooo much better than she was :shuffle: Hope he practices other styles in prep for his audition next year.

I loved Marietta girl! :cheer: gorgeous control and expression :swoon:

Amber the ritalin girl - I thought I'd hate her but I dug her dancing a lot. If she makes it to the show that personality is going to get old, fast, though. She;s got the body of a marathoner.

Didn't like Ryan last season, don't like her now. She's a totally competent, completely bland dancer. The fake out was rude though. I wish we had skipped the backstory on her and gotten to see Lily's full audition, she looked very interesting.

Loved the 28 year old guy who did the b-boy stuff, and the super skinny turfing kid.

Homeless skunk girl - she doesn't have the best technique, and between her story and her overly produced look I didn't think I'd like her, but there was something about her performance that was very raw and appealing. It was far better than the choreography she did. I'll even forgive her the one sock. I doubt she'll make it through Vegas, but I'm glad she got through.

ETA: I'm just watching the Glee finale, and I swear I just saw Ryan dancing in one of the other glee club groups at nationals :scream:

MarieM
05-27-2011, 08:02 AM
I'd rather think that strange hair girl was the girl who had the ball of hair on top of her head, and then was asked to let it down.
Yeah that one ! I so wish she'd gone live :cool: