PDA

View Full Version : SYTYCD Audition rounds (starts 5/26)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21

PrincessLeppard
06-03-2011, 01:58 AM
I thought the bigger sister was kinda awkward in the choreography round. But I did like them when they danced together.

numbers123
06-03-2011, 02:00 AM
I am hoping for :kickass: vegas rounds. I would like to see more ballroom, but the producers must feel that there is another venue for them.

Theatregirl1122
06-03-2011, 02:02 AM
Yes, Vegas is next week.

:cheer: :cheer2: :cheer: Love vegas week.

pixie cut
06-03-2011, 02:04 AM
I loved the guy at the end who shouted, "Someone be my family!"

4rkidz
06-03-2011, 03:16 AM
I have enjoyed the audition rounds, don't know if its just me but the dancers seemed more talented this year - I think Vegas will be tough.

I love this show it's like three different shows, auditions where we get to see really unique dancers and characters, Vegas that reminds me why I'm glad I don't dance anymore or be part of such a mass meat market (yet exciting to watch) but I feel so bad for them.. then finally the t.v. show. :)

pollyanna
06-03-2011, 04:19 AM
I feel like sometimes the contemporary dancers get a pass in other styles because they want to show the best contemporary dancers, but hip hop and ballroom don't get the same. I wish they would do the same for ballroom and hip hop as well. I'd love for them to automatically reserve a spot for the best of--best hip hop, best ballroom. I feel like in other dance styles, you get people that are sort of jack-of-all-trades, master of none, which is why we end up with that annoying married ballroom couple that surely were not the best ballroom dancers that tried out.

^^This. Aren't there more Pasha's and Anya's out there somewhere? I am not even a huge fan of ballroom, but I do think this genre has been shafted on the show. Yes, Iveta looks older than her years and is too skinny, but dayum she can dance! Please let her make top 20 this year.

:glamor: Apparently, Sasha Mallory, one of the two sisters they showed at the end of the program, is one of Adam Lambert's dancers (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpnsStBJmNQ). :glamor:

pollyanna
06-03-2011, 04:35 AM
Longer version of Melanie Moore's audition piece:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKnflvBjUwo

For us gymnastics fanatics, that turn she does at :10 - :11 is reminiscent of turns done by Daniela Silivas in her FXs from 1987-1988.

Allskate
06-03-2011, 04:58 AM
Does anyonje know what Jeanine is up to these days?

Longer version of Melanie Moore's audition piece:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKnflvBjUwo

Thanks! Love her.

genevieve
06-03-2011, 06:11 AM
I missed the first dancer, but other than the Santa guy, this was a pretty good ep of auditions!

DC Chapman - didn't need all his backstory but he was really engaging. Even Nigel trying that dance move was funny.

Arielle - I was think after 4 years maybe she should accept it wasn't going to happen, but I guess I was wrong. Her dancing is great but OMG x infinity the hair stroking and her awful gaping maw expressions were reason enough to eliminate her. Seriously, why did they not tell her to knock that off?!? :scream:

Hero was adorable. And a very good popper. and she's adorable! And Nigel spoke very s l o w l y and clearly to her when asking how long she had been in the US, as if she's fresh from the plane! Adorable!

Alexis aka Jeanine 2.0 - great dancing but more awful faces. This time the judges called her on it - although I think she was nowhere near as god-awful as Arielle. But there was no way they weren't going to send her to Vegas.

WHEEEEEEEEE Patty Anne Miller!!!!!!!!! :cheer2: :inavoid: :cheer: :) :kickass: She is even more adorable and more kickass than Hero!!!!!!!!!!! I love her!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't stop using exclamation points!!!!!!!

Loved the sisters :) I'm surprised they put Natalia through - looked like she had a harder time in the choreo than Sasha - but the episode of adorable went all the way to the end. Love them! :)

I was really hoping after they bothered showing the judges looking for (and not finding) people with ballroom experience that we'd get someone fab, but then it just...dropped. Maybe they're trying to tell us that not that many ballroom people auditioned this year - but isn't that a reason to show more of the ones who did? Sigh. Ballroom isn't my favorite, but if they're not going to have real ballroom dancers on the show, they need to just drop ballroom from the show and admit it's not what they're focusing on. Better yet, they should look at why quality ballroom dancers aren't auditioning anymore and try to fix it.

Oh, and I would like a moratorium on any of the judges of the show using the work "buck" ever again, under any circumstances. Just no.

So far my favorites are Marietta Girl, Jess (musical theater guy) and Patty Anne.

tarotx
06-03-2011, 08:45 AM
Does anyonje know what Jeanine is up to these days?

Thanks! Love her. Jeanine Mason is kind of in actor mode these days.
http://twitter.com/#!/itsjeaninemason

Patsy
06-03-2011, 05:03 PM
genevieve, I couldn't agree with you more about "buck". Talk about makes-my-ears-bleed!

Allskate
06-03-2011, 05:19 PM
Jeanine Mason is kind of in actor mode these days.
http://twitter.com/#!/itsjeaninemason

Hmmmm. In one of her tweets she mentions being at the up-fronts for Fox. I wonder if she's going to be an all-star.

DarrellH
06-03-2011, 05:21 PM
The way they presented the two sisters at the end, I thought for sure they were going to be awful. Glad to see they were good.

Freespirit
06-03-2011, 05:53 PM
Are they doing All-Stars this season?

pixie cut
06-03-2011, 05:56 PM
Are they doing All-Stars this season?

Not at the start of the season. They will do some All-Stars after they reach top 10, but they haven't yet said (or even decided) who the All-Stars will be or how they'll be utilized.

Did anyone see the SYTYCD dancers on Ellen last week. Alex looks to be in good shape.