PDA

View Full Version : SYTYCD Audition rounds (starts 5/26)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Matryeshka
06-02-2011, 02:48 AM
Why didn't we see the audition that was nothing short of brilliant? Or cape girl?

:mitchell:

shan
06-02-2011, 02:49 AM
Why didn't we see the audition that was nothing short of brilliant? Or cape girl?

I know what you mean. Instead they showed us mediocre girl. :huh:

Matryeshka
06-02-2011, 02:52 AM
:wuzrobbed of good ballroom.

DWTS consistently kicked SYTYCD's ass when they went up against each other, and they get better ratings in general. Maybe that should give the producers a clue.

Cyn
06-02-2011, 02:52 AM
Why did they show Yellow Fringe Barbie's full dance and only clips of what looked like a totally kickass Paso with the chick in red? :wall:

Count me in as another who loved Suspender Guy. I cannot believe he didn't go through to Vegas, given who has. Sometimes I just don't know WTF the judges are smoking.

I do have to say that I'm enjoying the scream-less Mary this year. I guess that's due to her bout with throat cancer treatment? If she's not going to screech her way through the season with the Hot Tamale Train, the show will be infinitely better.

My mum always said when watching Mary in past seasons that she always wondered WTF Mary would sound like in the throes of an orgasm :rofl: .

Theatregirl1122
06-02-2011, 02:53 AM

Sometimes it is a music rights issue. But they might just suck.

Garden Kitty
06-02-2011, 02:53 AM
Earlier in the thread, someone mentioned that it might be a music clearance issue.

ETA: It might have been Theatregirl who mentioned it. :shuffle: :lol:

Garden Kitty
06-02-2011, 02:57 AM
Good for suspender boy. I wonder if they were worried that he was so short he couldn't partner someone well?

shan
06-02-2011, 02:57 AM
I really wish they would spend less time on the judges reactions and show the actual performances. :rolleyes:

PrincessLeppard
06-02-2011, 02:58 AM
I thought Broadway guy and Yellow Barbie were terrible together, but given that he should've gone through, I'll give him a pass.

Garden Kitty
06-02-2011, 03:15 AM
We should have been following Tanith's pbp on twitter. I loved this quote about one of the dancers:

She could've used more Shae head shimmies but who couldn't, really

and this observation:

I love when they even cry and run like a dancer

my little pony
06-02-2011, 03:20 AM
Good for suspender boy. I wonder if they were worried that he was so short he couldn't partner someone well?

or are they letting their favorites get a second crack at camera time and an underdog edit to generate votes / grassy knoll]

Garden Kitty
06-02-2011, 04:14 AM
Article about Mary, but there is some spoilerish info regarding the final format and the types of dancers in the final.

http://omg.yahoo.com/news/so-you-think-you-can-dances-mary-murphy-it-broke-my-heart-to-lose-my-voice/64159

pollyanna
06-02-2011, 05:09 AM
Why did they show Yellow Fringe Barbie's full dance and only clips of what looked like a totally kickass Paso with the chick in red? :wall:.

Wasn't chick in red Iveta from past seasons? I think she has been auditioning since maybe S6. I remember her doing a :kickass: Cha Cha with Russell in Vegas the season Russell won. I hope she finally makes top 20 this year.

Jayar
06-02-2011, 05:12 AM
Wasn't chick in red Iveta from past seasons? I think she has been auditioning since maybe S6. I remember her doing a :kickass: Cha Cha with Russell in Vegas the season Russell won. I hope she finally makes top 20 this year.

Yes.

pollyanna
06-02-2011, 05:16 AM
or are they letting their favorites get a second crack at camera time and an underdog edit to generate votes / grassy knoll]

:sekret: meaning I hope this is true because I thought he was a fabulous DANCER. It was nice to see someone actually DANCE.