PDA

View Full Version : Casey Anthony trial

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68

danceronice
07-10-2011, 12:27 AM
Not to mention it's not even that she partied--it's that not only did she not seem to care at all, if you believe the defence, she went wildly out of her way to create the impression that an accidental death was first-degree murder. I do not have to 100% certain, just better than reasonable, if I am on a jury. And the only REASONABLE explanation for her behavior is she either killed Caylee or knows who did and was covering up the death. The other option is, again, going radically over the top in making an accidental death look like a capital crime. It makes absolutely no sense. I could not accept it as a reasonable sequence of events.

attyfan
07-10-2011, 12:47 AM
... And the only REASONABLE explanation for her behavior is she either killed Caylee or knows who did and was covering up the death. ...

If the idea that she knew who killed Caylee and was covering up the death is as reasonable an explanation as the idea that she killed Caylee, she is still entitled to an acquittal. That she knew who did it and was covering up makes her an accessory ... but she wasn't charged with that crime.

Tinami Amori
07-10-2011, 01:30 AM
Casey wasn't crying into her beer, she was partying it up. Big difference. You're right there can be a wide variety of acceptable ways that people express grief, but Casey stepped far outside that range.

Who is to determine the “acceptable ways” to grief for every single person? Sure there are more common ways to grief death, which often also differ in various cultures and societies. But an individual does not have to follow them…..

A smart criminal can also mislead an investigation, at least for a period of time, by acting out standard expected emotions and reactions…. There are after all “crocodile tears”… :lol:

I think that patterns of human reactions and expressions should certainly be taken into consideration and investigated. A suspect can be questioned about his expressions, behavior and reactions. Such may help or even mislead the discovery process, but emotional reactions of a human alone, without more substantial proof/evidence can not be used and should not be used in a verdict. Reactions and display of emotions are not the same as “actions” and “evidence” in a crime investigation.

The other option is, again, going radically over the top in making an accidental death look like a capital crime. .

I think this was an accidental death, either because she was negligent, or did something to put her child in danger. And in order to avoid consequences for these possible offenses, she wanted to make it look like “kidnapping which resulted in death”.

Her first story was: “nanny named Zinaida kidnapped Caylee”. When children are kidnapped a tape is often put around their mouth so they don’t scream. Everything else Casey did with the body and the other issue might have been Casey’s misguided ideas on how to make it look like a kidnapping (followed by murder at the hands of kidnappers).

We don’t know yet what really happened.....

Japanfan
07-10-2011, 03:12 AM
Have you forgotten that Celebrity Apprentice has recently featured such well regarded train wrecks as Jose Canseco and Rod Blagojevich? I really doubt Trump or his production team would have a problem with this guy. And it would get ratings.

Trump would have Casey Anthony herself if he was certain it would get ratings.

I think Trump would draw the line at Casey - he is big on family and probably finds her as deeply disturbing as most of us do. In Trump's view - indeed, in many people's view - Blagojevich's white collar crime is much less heinous than Casey's alleged crime. Ditto Richer Hatch, who committed tax evasion. Though I'm pleased that both are doing time now. :)

He came down really hard on the Kardashian who had been convicted for DUI, but did permit her to be a contestant - probably for the sake of publicity. But I doubt he would stoop so low as Casey Anthony.

agalisgv
07-10-2011, 03:55 AM
Just curious, but for those who think no one would reasonably feign a kidnapping to get out of potential responsibilty/liability irt an accidental death, what do y'all think of the runaway bride who feigned a kidnapping just to get out of a wedding? Was the latter "reasonable"? If not, might that not indicate sometimes people react in ways to things well out of proportion to what is typically deemed reasonable?

heckles
07-10-2011, 05:29 AM
Just curious, but for those who think no one would reasonably feign a kidnapping to get out of potential responsibilty/liability irt an accidental death, what do y'all think of the runaway bride who feigned a kidnapping just to get out of a wedding? Was the latter "reasonable"?

Interesting you mention it, because the Runaway Bride has the same crazy-eyes as Casey.

agalisgv
07-10-2011, 06:44 AM
Interesting you mention it, because the Runaway Bride has the same crazy-eyes as Casey. And they both implicated Latinos for the kidnappings.

Both seem a few sandwiches short of a picnic if you ask me...

Marge_Simpson
07-10-2011, 06:37 PM
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2011/06/22/casey-s-rommate-tells-all.html

IceAlisa
07-12-2011, 04:06 AM
Alan Dershowitz comments on the trial: http://video.foxnews.com/#/v/1047888129001/alan-dershowitz-on-casey-anthony-verdict/?playlist_id=87485

Ziggy
07-14-2011, 04:35 PM
The whole case can be summed up with two words: Lynch mob. :P

And the only REASONABLE explanation for her behavior is she either killed Caylee or knows who did and was covering up the death. The other option is, again, going radically over the top in making an accidental death look like a capital crime. It makes absolutely no sense. I could not accept it as a reasonable sequence of events.

What is reasonable to you might not be so to another person.

Everybody is different, people have different genetic make-up, different brain chemistry, different experiences, different cognitive schemes, their own (largely unconscious) reasons for behaving the way they do.

As for all the partying, it can be understood as a defence mechanism. Engaging in an activity to distract you from the pain you are experiencing, so that you don't think about it.

IceAlisa
07-14-2011, 04:41 PM
Everybody is different, people have different genetic make-up, different brain chemistry, different experiences, different cognitive schemes, their own (largely unconscious) reasons for behaving the way they do.

Oh ok. Then we should all close down studies involving groups of people since, you know, they all have "different genetic make-up, different brain chemistry, etc, etc..." Lets face it--we barely belong to the same species. Lets just cancel medical and social science today and be done with it. What a waste of :bribe: that has been.

Ziggy, how do you come up with this psychobable nonsense? :lol:

BigB08822
07-14-2011, 04:59 PM
Oh ok. Then we should all close down studies involving groups of people since, you know, they all have "different genetic make-up, different brain chemistry, etc, etc..." Lets face it--we barely belong to the same species. Lets just cancel medical and social science today and be done with it. What a waste of :bribe: that has been.

I know you were laughing at the end of your post but I think you are way over exaggerating when it comes to Ziggy's words. They didn't say any such thing as you are saying. Ziggy has a point, as do you, but in this case you are both right. We can do all sorts of research and try to answer all sorts of questions about human behavior but NOTHING will ever be able to factor in all the unknowns. We are not a computer nor an equation, we will never be solvable.

cruisin
07-14-2011, 05:12 PM

I have to agree with BigB0882. I think you and Ziggy are coming from two different places. You are absolutely correct that we have studies which categorize human behavior. But (and Ziggy, don't faint!) Ziggy is right too. While Casey's bhavior was certainly not within the "normal" range of reaction to the death of a child. It could fit in as an aberration. There, appears, to be no question that Casey has some sort of personality disorder. What and how disabling it is, we don't know. That said, I still think she caused the child's death, in some way. Not sure it was deliberate.

IceAlisa
07-14-2011, 06:33 PM
It appears we are in serious need of a sarcasm smilie...

soxxy
07-14-2011, 07:01 PM
I don't always agree with Joy Behar, but she asked a very interesting question of one of Casey Anthony's attorneys on her show last night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Js7WrjftImo