PDA

View Full Version : Casey Anthony trial

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

taf2002
06-01-2011, 05:54 PM
I am in no way suggesting Casey isn't guilty of something, I am just questioning the "evidence" which, IMO, is weak. I mean, they can't even determine the cause of death! And although I have read that the presence of the duct tape made the Medical Examiner conclude it was a homicide ... that is quite questionable too considering there is no cause of death apparent!

It could very easily have been an accidental death and that Casey set it up to looking like a kidnapping and murder. Not saying it's true but it's just as plausible based on the "evidence" available. If I was a juror that would provide reasonable doubt that it was first degree murder.

Your reasoning is how psycopaths get away with their deeds. So let's say Caylee accidentally drowned & Casey wasn't watching her & thought she'd be blamed. So she set up a kidnapping/murder scenerio. Then why not play out that scenerio? Why lie & say Caylee is with a fictitious nanny? You don't "cover up" a kidnapping if you are not involved.

As for the presence of the duct tape, they do know it was placed over her nose & mouth. That would be easy to determine due to DNA evidence. They can't tell for sure if she died from drowning or by suffocation because of decomposition. That doesn't mean there is reasonable doubt whether there was foul play. She was missing for 31 days while her mother played & lied about her whereabouts.

Latte
06-02-2011, 05:25 PM
If I have heard it once on TruTV, I have heard it a thousand times.
"The state does not have to prove motive or cause of death."

She looks even more out of it today than she has previously.
She just looks like she is in a daze and doesn't know where she is while the witnesses are on the stand. Nothing seems to affect her, I am not even sure she can hear them.
They are playing the tape made at Universal Studies when she took the cops there and then had to admit she didn't work there. They questioned her in a conference room for about 45 minutes.
The detective is on the stand.

AxelAnnie
06-02-2011, 05:56 PM
^ they don't have to show cause of death. Think Lacey Peterson.

I would think the duct tape, and cover up are enough to prove that Caylee didn't just wander off and die, and no one knew what happened.

BTW - I noticed I had been spelling Caylee wrong. Then I noticed something else. I am probably just slow....but did anyone notice that Caylee's name could be a combination of Casey + Lee? Probably everyone already knows this.............

AxelAnnie
06-02-2011, 06:12 PM
There was a call in to Nancy Grace last night....the woman made a good point: "As upset and angry as Casey was about being in jail, don't you think she would have turned on George in a heartbeat if the story about the baby drowning was true?"

my little pony
06-02-2011, 06:20 PM
There was a call in to Nancy Grace last night....the woman made a good point: "As upset and angry as Casey was about being in jail, don't you think she would have turned on George in a heartbeat if the story about the baby drowning was true?"

if i have the timeline correct, this wasn't her defense as long as george and cindy were still paying jose. it became her defense once they ran out of $.

judiz
06-02-2011, 10:21 PM
Just wondering, has the prosecution shown photos of Casey out partying in the days after Caylee disappeared or are they saving those for later?

soxxy
06-02-2011, 10:58 PM
I don't know if the jury saw photos, but while her boyfriend, Tony, testified about his association with the nightclub Fusion (he was a promoter of sorts), Casey was mentioned often being there and being sort of a "mother" to the shot girls. A photo of her in a blue dress was often shown on screen of her participating in the hot body contest. Not sure if the jurors were allowed to see it.

my little pony
06-02-2011, 11:25 PM
Just wondering, has the prosecution shown photos of Casey out partying in the days after Caylee disappeared or are they saving those for later?

not yet, assuming they are admissible

i think jose has asked for a mistrial like 3 or 4 times so far. when the judge says mr baez, it comes out like "child please."

Marge_Simpson
06-03-2011, 04:07 AM
I am in withdrawal because I am in DC and CNN is not giving updates. Aargh!

I love the way Judge Perry says "Mr. Ba- Ez"
I love Judge Perry, actually, I want to write him a fan letter.

judiz
06-03-2011, 12:24 PM
It's very telling watching her reaction to what the witnesses are saying and what is being said on the tapes played of her jailhouse visits. Casey only cries when she sees herself cry on the screen, always dried eyed at Caylee's photos. It will be interesting to see if her lawyer tells her to show more emotion when they introduce the evidence of Caylee's remains being found.

nursebetty
06-03-2011, 04:33 PM
I think once Casey has decided not to love something anymore it's hard to pull up emotions on cue. She still loves herself so if it's about her she'll cry. When she's happy she's happy and when she's mad she's mad. I expect her team thought they were going to be able to get her to act, but it seems to be a no go. It's surprising to me also, I thought she would be crying the whole time she was in front of the jury.

BaileyCatts
06-04-2011, 03:38 AM
Is Leonard Padilla scheduled to be called as a witness/testify (or has he and I just didn't see that day)?

judiz
06-04-2011, 04:26 AM
Don't know if he is on the witness list but heard George and Cindy Anthony sent his lawyers a letter asking he stop giving interviews and speculations about the Anthony family.

soxxy
06-06-2011, 01:58 PM
I wish Nancy Grace would stop referring to Casey as "tot mom." That's all.

Veronika
06-06-2011, 02:28 PM
Especially since "tot" means "dead" in German...or maybe that's why? But that bugs me too.