PDA

View Full Version : Casey Anthony trial

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

Jenna
07-08-2011, 01:22 AM
I didn't know cheating on someone is a proof that someone is a murderer. And for giving them death penalty. But at least you replied, so thank you for that. No other "circumstantial evidence is not enough" people did.

BTW, I've counted 5 people, I think, in this thread who agreed with the verdict in Casey's case and who admitted that they didn't follow the case close enough or knew a lot o about it (but would argue why the jury made the right decision nevertheless), but this takes the cake:

It annoys you that someone got the facts wrong? The facts? It was proven in court that she lied. There's been a gazillion mentions about in the media, too. You're missing a crucial piece of information but you're still smug enough to accuse other people of not getting their facts wrong.

BTW, Casey's defense claimed her father sexually abused her. Her father denied it on the stand. What does it mean? It means that one side is lying. Just because someone claims something in court it doesn't make it a fact.

You're very caustic, did you know that? It's like you simply CANNOT accept that people have opinions that differ from your own. :blah:

Cheylana
07-08-2011, 01:23 AM
The judge giving her the max for those misdemeanors was bull, most people get no jail time at all, a white judge would have set her free on the spot now she has to wait six more days.
That is the stupidest thing I've had the misfortune to read all day.

Jenna
07-08-2011, 01:26 AM
The judge giving her the max for those misdemeanors was bull, most people get no jail time at all, a white judge would have set her free on the spot now she has to wait six more days. By the way the media reaction has been atrocious since the verdict was read the state had zero evidence no on Casey, and the media still refuses to investigate and ask the hard questions about the child molester ex cop the real culprit.

Oh, please. Are you really going to bring race into it?

nubka
07-08-2011, 01:35 AM
The judge giving her the max for those misdemeanors was bull, most people get no jail time at all, a white judge would have set her free on the spot now she has to wait six more days. By the way the media reaction has been atrocious since the verdict was read the state had zero evidence no on Casey, and the media still refuses to investigate and ask the hard questions about the child molester ex cop the real culprit.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

sliver98
07-08-2011, 01:40 AM
You can roll your eyes but nobody sitting in that jury chair believed a single word about what George Anthony said.

Mozart
07-08-2011, 01:42 AM
nevermind

Jenna
07-08-2011, 01:42 AM
You can roll your eyes but nobody sitting in that jury chair believed a single word about what George Anthony said.

What about your ignorant comment about the race of the judge?

Kasey
07-08-2011, 01:43 AM
Oh, please. Are you really going to bring race into it?

Have you forgotten that thanks to another dumbass, race has already BEEN brought into it?

~tapdancer~
07-08-2011, 01:45 AM
Neither did they believe anything that Casey Anthony said...hence the guilty verdict for LYING.

redonthehead
07-08-2011, 03:44 AM
Neither did they believe anything that Casey Anthony said...hence the guilty verdict for LYING.

Well put that way, they didn't believe anything the prosecution said either then.....hence the not guilty verdict.

Seems there's a lot of "not believing" going around in this trial. Now if someone could be convicted by the media or public opinion and spend the rest of their life or get the death penalty that way, Nancy Grace would have already had Casey put to death.

reckless
07-08-2011, 05:32 AM

I disagree in the sense that the jury never heard Casey Anthony testify so they did not judge her credibility directly. They found her guilty of lying because that was admitted by her attorney and other witnesses. It sounds like they did not find the father credible and were suspicious that he was more involved than he claimed. Coupled with the evidence from the parents' house -- the duct tape and Casey's car (without Casey) backing into the garage -- gave the jury some pause.

MacMadame
07-08-2011, 06:51 AM
It's far cry from not believing the prosecution didn't make its case to "not believing anything they said".

Sasha'sSpins
07-08-2011, 08:00 AM
For what?

Casey is apparently facing at least one civil lawsuit from Zenaida Gonzalez, whom she accused of being THE 'Zanny the Nanny'. Zenaida was on several shows with her attorney John Morgan of Morgan & Morgan making the rounds along with the State attorneys, Defense teams and anyone else remotely connected with this case:

http://www.forthepeople.com/casey-anthony-case.htm

I think the verdict was correct due to the circumstances the jury was presented with. I think Baez planted enough reasonable doubt in their collective minds. I think the State of Florida overcharged, I'll never understand why they didn't throw everything they could at this accused baby killer (I'll always believe she killed her child due to her suspicious actions) including child abandonment, reckless endangerment, failure to report her missing child, OBSTRUCTION OF JUSTICE, manslaughter or at least involunatary manslaughter and anything else the State could have thought of. Surely the jury would have voted GUILTY AS SIN on at least some of those lesser charges that did not have the DP attached to it with the evidence they did have before them. I knew the moment they charged her with murder and she was facing the death penalty that it was going to be a hard sell. As someone said 'dry bones' is all the State had to work with.

Casey is already smirking her way all the way to the bank. But she's not the only one. All those talking heads, led by Nancy Grace fueled by ratings, any attorney connected with the case that accepts a single penny or 'appearance' fee, book deals, etc. all of them are no different than Casey Anthony-blood money riding on Caylee's remains. The one comfort I have is that I am almost certain shiftless, dangerously childish, narcissistic. sociopath Casey Anthony given her criminal felony record for check fraud will screw up again somewhere along the line and back to jail she'll go. I don't WISH it for her family's sake, they can't help it this Bad Seed was born into their mists but it is a comfort to think so just the same.

RIP tiny Caylee. :(

I think "NG" refers to Nancy Grace. I didn't realize that Caylee's father had ever been identified.

'NG' is for Nancy Grace. That's how she is referred to on court message boards like JusticeQuest.
I'm not Cyn, but I don't think I or she or anyone else have to be *certain*. Not even the jurors (not many people would be ever sentenced if that was a requirement) Beyond reasonable doubt, that's the key phrase. And we, as spectators, don't even have to go with that.

All that was easily available to anyone who was looking for the information. The only thing we need to remember is the we actually had more information than the jury. Some of it they were not allowed to hear.

But that wasn't the only option. There were two other lesser counts. You don't think the evidence was enough even for them?

I'm sorry but statements like that is what makes Americans look so ignorant to other nations, not to mention chauvinistic. You think Italian justice system is undemocratic and not thorough? Using one example to claim some system is those things is just ignorant. No system is perfect and never will be. But the American justice system is so good it never fails, does it?

Because they never got it wrong before, did they? The American justice system must be perfect after all, it makes humans infallible.

ITA. I cringe when non-Americans read such things. The American justice system isn't perfect. The American justice system at times has sent innocent people to prison-sometimes it is proven too late for the accused because they are dead or they spent decades in prison into old age.

As has been quoted tons of times in various forms from Maimonides. "It is better and more satisfactory to acquit a thousand guilty persons than to put a single innocent one to death."

The death penalty was not the only option on the table BUT IT WAS THERE and I think this gave the jury pause. Had it not been there they may have convicted Anthony on some lesser charge that at least would have gotten another 5-10 years in prison for Party Girl.

Is anyone else bothered by Nanny Grace's constant referral to Casey Anthony as "Tot Mom"? She might think she's being cute and dismissive of Casey, but it is IMO totally disrespectful to Caylee. Is it SOO bad to say "Caylee's mother"? It gives Caylee an identity. She wasn't a "Tot". Oh well, it is bothering me.

ITA. I think it comes off as petty and immature, completely unprofessional. It's disturbing really but whatever swings Nancy's boat. I CAN'T STAND Nancy Grace but I watch her show at times anyway if the topic is interesting to me. Like the Casey Anthony circus.

Sasha'sSpins
07-08-2011, 08:06 AM
I disagree in the sense that the jury never heard Casey Anthony testify so they did not judge her credibility directly. They found her guilty of lying because that was admitted by her attorney and other witnesses. It sounds like they did not find the father credible and were suspicious that he was more involved than he claimed. Coupled with the evidence from the parents' house -- the duct tape and Casey's car (without Casey) backing into the garage -- gave the jury some pause.

ITA. Frankly I don't trust the father either. He's a retired cop, he would certainly know how to cover something up, imo he lied on the stand at least about his involvement with the alleged mistress, and as screwed up as Casey is I thought it was rather understandable for the mother to lie to try to save her child's life-but the father seemed perfectly willing to throw her under the bus. And it is possible imo he molested Casey. My own parents have said they'd lie from here to the ends of the earth if their own child was facing the death penalty. There was so much crap thrown from both sides I perfectly understand the jury's decision.

I hope no one was hurt -- it bothered me to see people bringing their very small children there and saying how horrible it was that Caylee died so young (and at her mother's hands). Why would anyone think this was appropriate for their 4 or 5 year old to experience? I guess I must just not get it. :slinkaway

I don't either. I think some people are taking this much too far. It's heartbreaking what happened to this little girl but people need to start letting it go and let her rest in peace. I hope they don't have angry mobs at the Anthony home like the last time around. I thought for sure the villagers were going to march on the Anthony's with torches. It's no wonder the police made their presence felt on the day of the verdict.

It is an eerie coincidence about lightning striking the area where Caylee's remains were found on the day the verdict was announced.

All that being said "WE'VE BEEN OJ'ED!' like that crazy attorney on Nancy Grace screeched. For sure. :mad:

^partying like a rock star and taking pictures with your stripper friends should lend cred that you are not normal while your child is missing with the supposed nanny. Just saw baby daddy on NG and he seems like a decent person. God rest little Caylee's soul. You are safe now in the arms of our Saviour.

Jesse Grund never said he was the baby's daddy btw. He was told by Casey that he was at first, but then he did the math.

http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/geraldo/blog/2011/07/06/caseys-ex-fiance-tells-geraldo-who-caylees-father

Of course Casey had lied to him. The real daddy allegedly died in a car crash. This comes from Casey so it might be a lie as well. :shuffle:

I think 'Party Girl' Casey may have a hard time partying from now on. Of course, there are always people like OJ Simpson's friends who are willing to believe she didn't do it. Or don't care if she did. :(

Was there a specific instance of child abuse that caused them to charge her with aggravated child abuse?

Could they have charged her with child neglect resulting in death? Is that a crime in FL?

I'm sure basic child neglect is. They can prove that she didn't look hard enough for her kid when she went missing. Maybe they were holding that charge back in case of an acquittal? Has the prosecution mentioned plans to charge her with additional crimes?As horrible as it is that she will be free w/in a year, it's hard to convict someone of murder when they can't prove the victim was murdered.

I'm a little surprised about the manslaughter acquittal, though.

Double jeopardy has attached. The State cannot charge Casey Anthony with anything else. She has been tried and found Not Guilty. It's over although civil cases may be brought against Anthony.

I'm shocked the State did not charge Casey with at least Reckless Endangerment.

I have a question for those who followed the trial. When the searches for "chloroform" were found, did they mention which web pages were actually visited?

Good question!

It also might have helped if they had come up with evidence that Casey actually brewed up chloroform, say by proof that she had purchased whatever ingredients she needed to make it.

Putting duct tape on a dead body and putting it in a trash bad is not a crime of murder, abuse or manslaughter; maybe theft or failure to report an accident. If she did in fact die in the swimming pool because she accidentally fell in, anything done to her dead body is not a crime as bad as it sounds. But no one could say for sure what really happened. Except Casey and she had the right not to take the stand.

They didn't prove murder, abuse or manslaughter, they were over zealous in the charges. They should have used her lies against her and charged her with reckless endangerment or the like.

Although living in AZ - no kids who die in pools rarely if ever have their parents see the inside of a jail because of negligence. Maybe Florida is different.

I believe there are 'Abuse or mutilation of a corpse' laws in Florida and some other States.

Sasha'sSpins
07-08-2011, 09:53 AM
OMG. A white woman is on trial for killing her white child who was obviously fathered by a white man and all of a sudden this case has racial overtones? If the prosecution snickered at Baez it was because he was an ass, not because he was Hispanic. Get your head out of whereever it is. Not everything is about race.

As a woman of latin descent I found Frau Muller's remarks on the subject cringe-inducing, embarassing and certainly not the point of view of all latinos. Speaking only for myself I never once thought about race, or ethnicity watching this trial, the OJ trial nor any other high profile trial. I could care less that Baez spoke to his family at the press conference in Spanish. I only thought about the victim and the evidence that would hopefully put the killer away.