PDA

View Full Version : Casey Anthony trial

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

soxxy
05-31-2011, 10:28 PM
is Amy going to be allowed to testify that Casey stole her checkbook?

I believe that's the issue that Judge Perry is taking up first thing tomorrow, before the jury is brought in.

my little pony
05-31-2011, 10:30 PM
thank you

since her whole defense kind of rests on her how credible her claims may or may not be, it seems weird for the jury to not have access to the information that she stole on more than one occasion

gladiatorqueen
05-31-2011, 10:33 PM
I didn't take MargeSimpson's comments to be "making a joke" or that she's taking any pleasure in this at all.

If anything, it's more that Casey Anthony is getting her "just desserts" for being a shitty, sociopath of a parent.

Justify as you like.

gladiatorqueen
05-31-2011, 10:34 PM
:rolleyes:

Is that all you got?

milanessa
05-31-2011, 11:05 PM
Is that all you got?

That's all that's needed when you employ such silly "logic".

Latte
05-31-2011, 11:08 PM
Wow. I can't believe your making jokes and taking pleasure in this. How sad.

She wasn't joking.:rolleyes:

Have you been following this for the last 3 years? I don't think you know the whole story.
But if you want to believe Casey is innocent, that is your right.
But you seen to be trying to pick fights with the other posters. They have a right to their opinion also.:cool:

gladiatorqueen
05-31-2011, 11:40 PM
She wasn't joking.:rolleyes:

Have you been following this for the last 3 years? I don't think you know the whole story.
But if you want to believe Casey is innocent, that is your right.
But you seen to be trying to pick fights with the other posters. They have a right to their opinion also.:cool:

Excuse me? Where the hell did I say she was innocent?

AxelAnnie
06-01-2011, 12:24 AM
A
If somewhere in his mind he was terrified it contained a dead body then being a past detective he should have called it in. I mean at this point the parents knew Caylee was missing and that the car had been "stolen." Sorry, not quite buying it.
IIRC - At this point, George and Cindy were still speaking to Casey, and trying to get her to bring Cayley home. This was before they knew that Casey had not seen Cayley in 30 days. George should have(in hindsight) got the police out there tto the car....
But, what would he have said? I have no evidence, I have seen no crime, but would you send the crime scene team out because it smells like a dead body has been in the trunk of my car! Sure, on TV, they would have come right out.

Anything could be true. And it is for the Jury to figure it out. BTW, I have raised 5 kids and it is incredible what a parent can allow themselves to believe
....rather than accept that your child was capable of.....

Marge_Simpson
06-01-2011, 04:29 AM
I am not making jokes. The idea that ANYONE killed this beautiful child turns my stomach.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T613YgLw_HE&feature=related

judiz
06-01-2011, 12:21 PM
My heart broke for Cindy on the stand yesterday but one big question. Where was Casey living during the 31 days that Caylee was "missing"? I had thought Casey and Caylee lived with her parents but that made no sense because then they would had noticed Caylee being gone for 31 days.

WindSpirit
06-01-2011, 01:08 PM
Is that all you got? gladiatorqueen, I think you're taking it all a tad too personally. Stop chastising people for how and why you think they write in this thread. They are not on a trial here.

Yehudi
06-01-2011, 03:28 PM
My heart broke for Cindy on the stand yesterday but one big question. Where was Casey living during the 31 days that Caylee was "missing"? I had thought Casey and Caylee lived with her parents but that made no sense because then they would had noticed Caylee being gone for 31

Didn't she move out?

soxxy
06-01-2011, 04:05 PM
Didn't she move out?

No, Casey never moved out of her parents' home. During the time Caylee was missing, Casey spent many (all?) nights with her boyfriend, Tony.

numbers123
06-01-2011, 04:12 PM
Baez is cross-examining Cindy at the moment. Bungling his case as usual, IMO...what is he trying to accomplish here?

I suspect it is a ploy to have a mistrial or an attempt to put Casey in an appeals/petition for new trial if the verdict is guilty and death penalty is the sentence. That way this could go on for years and years at the taxpayer's expense.

I had never heard the 911 call in the entire transcript. Casey is devoid of any panic or distress over this lack of seeing her daughter for 31 days. I see my grandchildren at least every other week, if not every week. I would be searching for them within days, not after a month. Wasn't Caley and Casey living with her parents?

ETA: There was an entire page that I missed reading when I posted this. AxelAnnie sums up my feelings too, as a parent you don't want to believe that your child could harm your grandchild.

danceronice
06-01-2011, 05:11 PM
It could very easily have been an accidental death and that Casey set it up to looking like a kidnapping and murder. Not saying it's true but it's just as plausible based on the "evidence" available. If I was a juror that would provide reasonable doubt that it was first degree murder.

Yes, because God knows the sensible thing to do with an accidental death that would at the very worst get you a negligent homicide plea bargain is set it up to look like first-degree premeditated murder in a state with the death penalty. And make sure all the physical evidence points to you.