PDA

View Full Version : Casey Anthony trial

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

FiveRinger
07-06-2011, 12:13 AM
Please…….during the Manson trial the jury was sequestered for over 7 months, and they certainly weren't too tired to find Manson, Atkins, Krenwinkle, and Van Houten guilty in a trial that was based strongly and primarily on circumstantial evidence. Ditto for Tex Watson, though his trial did not take as long.

At least California got that one right. Maybe Vincent Bugliosi should have been the one to try Casey Anthony.

It's really insulting of you to say/imply that this jury got it wrong. We all know how you feel about Casey. When it boils down, their decision was the only one that matters. You can spit all of the venom you want. It's not going to change the fact that the jury did what they could with the evidence and instructions they had. Twelve juror didn't get it wrong.

Maybe you're wearing a cape and have a big C on your chest. But, after all of this, all of the jurors, attorneys, the judge and everybody else has the right to be tired. I am tired for all of them and I am 1500 miles away. Just imagine having to live it or try to make sense of it. Are you that insensitive?

Yes, I believe that Casey had something to do with Caylee's death. The defense didn't have the burden of proof--the prosecution did. But my belief is based on what I know-- my knowledge came from the media in one form or another (including social media). And until we hear from just the alternate juror, it's wrong to make suppositions about what they think. After all, they didn't get to read all of your rants at FSU while sequestered telling them to fry the bitch, did they?

Jenna
07-06-2011, 12:17 AM
Please…….during the Manson trial the jury was sequestered for over 7 months, and they certainly weren't too tired to find Manson, Atkins, Krenwinkle, and Van Houten guilty in a trial that was based strongly and primarily on circumstantial evidence. Ditto for Tex Watson, though his trial did not take as long.

At least California got that one right. Maybe Vincent Bugliosi should have been the one to try Casey Anthony.

You've definitely been the most vocal one on this thread, Cyn. So please, tell me. What makes you so certain?

You weren't in the courtroom every day listening to every word of testimony, from Casey, Cindy, George, and many more. I just don't understand how you could chide the members jury so vehemently.

To set the record straight, I don't really have an opinion on whether or not Casey Anthony is guilty. There are simply too many unanswered questions and there isn't enough solid, tangible evidence. Do I think she's a f*cking bad mother? Hell yes. But do I believe there was enough evidence that this woman killed her child that she deserves to be put away for life, or worse, executed? Hell no.

And to all of the people compaining about the justice system in the United States of America, wake up! We are privileged to have such a democratic and thorough judiciary process. Just ask Amanda Knox.

Also, I hope everyone understands this: I feel absolutely terrible for little Caylee Anthony. She was an adorable, bright little girl who never even a had a chance to live. I hope her soul rests in peace in heaven. I DO hope there is enough evidence one day to identify the monster that was responsible for these acts, if they were in fact intentional, and I hope he or she is prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Cheylana
07-06-2011, 12:21 AM
A Facebook friend of mine joined a new group called "F*** Casey Anthony and the Judge that Let Her Off" or something like that. I completely get the frustration towards Casey but why blame the judge? Whether you agree with the outcome or not, he didn't tell the jury what to do. :confused:

skatemommy
07-06-2011, 12:21 AM
^ what in any of this makes you certain Casey is innocent? Her baby was missing for 30 days and her mom smelled a dead body in her trunk. Her MOM called 911 then retracted her story that there was garbage rotting in the trunk!

figurefan
07-06-2011, 12:25 AM
I saw this verdict coming long before it was read...way too much reasonable doubt and not even near enough circumstantial evidence. I'm not much for circumstantial evidence anyway. How many innocent people have been removed from death row in the last decade? Many of them were convicted on so called circumstantial evidence, so as a juror, I may not even be comfortable with that.

Whatever happened to the child, I think she was involved rather it was accidental or something else. However, my gut feeling or opinion should not be enough to convict a person.

Sometimes our justice system does not serve up enough justice to satisfy us but at least we have one.

sliver98
07-06-2011, 12:25 AM
The shady ex cop should be investigated but of course he won`t.

Jenna
07-06-2011, 12:27 AM
^ what in any of this makes you certain Casey is innocent? Her baby was missing for 30 days and her mom smelled a dead body in her trunk. Her MOM called 911 then retracted her story that there was garbage rotting in the trunk!

If you are talking to me, I am by no means "certain" about anything. In my opinion, though, there just isn't enough evidence to convict her. Obviously, the jury agreed.

julieann
07-06-2011, 12:34 AM
To set the record straight, I don't really have an opinion on whether or not Casey Anthony is guilty. There are simply too many unanswered questions and there isn't enough solid, tangible evidence. Do I think she's a f*cking bad mother? Hell yes. But do I believe there was enough evidence that this woman killed her child that she deserves to be put away for life, or worse, executed? Hell no.

And to all of the people compaining about the justice system in the United States of America, wake up! We are privileged to have democratic and thorough judiciary process. Just ask Amanda Knox.

Also, I hope everyone understands this: I feel absolutely terrible for little Caylee Anthony. She was an adorable, bright little girl who never even a had a chance to live. I hope her soul rests in peace in heaven. I DO hope there is enough evidence one day to identify the monster that was responsible for these acts, if they were in fact intentional, and I hope they are prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Well said!

ks777
07-06-2011, 12:37 AM
So she is going to be released in a couple days? I wonder if she is going to be out partying hard this weekend?:D

skatemommy
07-06-2011, 12:41 AM
"reasonable doubt" does not mean NO DOUBT. No doubt this piece of crap had a hand in Caylee's death. Bitch will be in the bar next weekend, just watch.

soxxy
07-06-2011, 12:43 AM
Cindy and George are in hiding. They're receiving death threats.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2011/07/casey-anthony-george-and-cindy-are-in-hiding.html

I can just imagine what Casey will receive. She'd better leave the country.

Polymer Bob
07-06-2011, 12:45 AM
The only thing that I am shaking my head at is the fact that a party girl has managed to outsmart (whether on purpose or not is another topic) our criminal justice system. That should be the book that she writes.

I heard the alternate juror on the phone. He sounded like an airhead.

I won't say she is innocent or guilty. But IF she is guilty, maybe she didn't outsmart the system, just the jury. A few months ago, I had jury duty. All the potential jurors were led into the courtroom where the judge gave us instructions and the attorneys looked us over. From the juror form I filled out, they knew I was a chemical engineer. I wore a dress shirt and tie, which I don't wear to work. Well, one of the lawyers, either defense or prosecutor, saw my occupation and my clothes, then booted me off without asking a single question. I wonder what kind of people they DO want on juries.

numbers123
07-06-2011, 12:46 AM
A Facebook friend of mine joined a new group called "F*** Casey Anthony and the Judge that Let Her Off" or something like that. I completely get the frustration towards Casey but why blame the judge? Whether you agree with the outcome or not, he didn't tell the jury what to do. :confused:
I agree, the judge only presided over the trial, making judgments on what is allowed to be presented/argued etc in court.

what in any of this makes you certain Casey is innocent?
I don't know whether or not she is innocent, just that I don't have all the information presented. Certainly reading the information on a figure skating board and listening to the media, most are on the guilty track. But there must have been enough reasonable doubt in the jurors estimation. Especially, since the jurors must be aware that Casey could have filed appeal after appeal after appeal and be granted a mistrial but the state could not retry her.

It will be hard for all the jurors to return to their families/friends/neighborhoods/work environment. It seems that everyone believes she was guilty and they will be asked repeatedly why/how they (jurors) could possibly come to that innocent conclusion when the world *knows* she is guilty.

The entire Anthony family will be approached for books/movie scripts - each from their perspectives. If they are able to make money from it, we will have no one else to blame but ourselves (i.e. the public). We like a trainwreck, we want to see if Casey will admit it now that she can not be tried for murder again, we will want to see if Cindy, George and Lee turn on each other. Will Casey have her care free, party life? No, unless she gets some "fans" who want to be near her just to say that they know Casey.

Casey is the only person who knows what happen.

PrincessLeppard
07-06-2011, 12:50 AM
Well, one of the lawyers, either defense or prosecutor, saw my occupation and my clothes, then booted me off without asking a single question. I wonder what kind of people they DO want on juries.

Well, the murder trial on which I was a juror had 10 (of the 14) jurors who were "white-collar" professionals. I'm a high school English teacher. I always figured I wouldn't get chosen, either, but I was very surprised at the composition of the jury. Pleasantly surprised.

But with a trial with a sequestered jury--that's going to eliminate a lot of people who can't take time off from work. (I know that isn't supposed to be an excuse, but we were all asked if it would be a problem to miss a week of work. I was honest and said it would make my life difficult, but I could do it.)

GaPeach
07-06-2011, 01:12 AM
Some humor to keep from crying! There are cartoons about the sidebar too!:lol:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/caylee-anthony/os-dana-summers-casey-anthony,0,368400.photogallery