PDA

View Full Version : Casey Anthony trial

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

AxelAnnie
05-31-2011, 08:35 PM
It is useful to remember that at the time George picked up the car, no one knewthere had been a murder. Somewhere in George's mind he was terrified of what he would find in the trunk, and relieved to simply find the kitchen trash bag.

According to both George and the Tow Company manager, there was a translucent trash bag in the car. They lifted it out. It was not heavy, and had, among some other trash items, an empty pizza box.

Had George (or the towing guy) realized it was an important piece in a murder, either would have called the police. Remember, the tow guy gets most of his business from the Police Dept.

You have reports from at least two people about the contents of the trash bag. Although (I believe) the bag would have only shown that it did NOT account for the odor..............it would not have shown what did cause the odor.

Marge_Simpson
05-31-2011, 08:38 PM
Denial and disbelief, I think. George and Cindy knew Casey was alive, Cindy had been in phone contact with her. They hadn't seen Caylee for a month, and I could understand that their minds just didn't want to go there. Plus they wanted to get ahold of Casey and see if there was any kind of logical explanation. There was a trash bag in the trunk. I think that when George saw that, he tried to convince himself that the horrible smell must have come from that bag. He just couldn't bear to think that Caylee was dead and grasped at straws.

Marge_Simpson
05-31-2011, 08:40 PM
heh, we posted at the same time.
I have goosebumps warching this. Cindy is on the verge of a breakdown, and Casey is just sitting there sneering.

AxelAnnie
05-31-2011, 08:52 PM
Could we have a PBP thread?

soxxy
05-31-2011, 08:54 PM
Judge Perry is so darn likable! He's so right to be annoyed that the attorneys can't keep their files in hand.

Marge_Simpson
05-31-2011, 08:59 PM
Websleuths website has a PBP thread.
I adore Judge Perry.
I'm cracking up at the smackdown he's giving Baez right now.
BTW, I love the note of exasperation in his voice every time Perry says "Mr. Baez"

Marge_Simpson
05-31-2011, 09:08 PM
Amy H. is up!
I'm hoping Casey will go berserk.

AxelAnnie
05-31-2011, 09:23 PM
I just wish Casey would go berserk screaming "I did it, I did it" She is one Evile looking woman.

Also love Judge Perry. He seems so laid back.....but boy, he runs a tight ship!

Marge_Simpson
05-31-2011, 09:39 PM
It must frustrate Casey no end to see all of her former friends testifying.
When Casey knew them, most were college students working minimum-wage jobs to make ends meet. Now all of them are gainfully employed, with plans for their futures.
Casey's future is a needle or LWOP. Not the "Bella Vita" she imagined. :lol:

soxxy
05-31-2011, 09:40 PM
Apparently, "Zanny the Nanny" has arrived. Oy!

http://yfrog.com/gyen8vzj

gladiatorqueen
05-31-2011, 09:42 PM
It is useful to remember that at the time George picked up the car, no one knewthere had been a murder. Somewhere in George's mind he was terrified of what he would find in the trunk, and relieved to simply find the kitchen trash bag.

If somewhere in his mind he was terrified it contained a dead body then being a past detective he should have called it in. I mean at this point the parents knew Caylee was missing and that the car had been "stolen." Sorry, not quite buying it.

According to both George and the Tow Company manager, there was a translucent trash bag in the car. They lifted it out. It was not heavy, and had, among some other trash items, an empty pizza box.

Had George (or the towing guy) realized it was an important piece in a murder, either would have called the police. Remember, the tow guy gets most of his business from the Police Dept.

You have reports from at least two people about the contents of the trash bag. Although (I believe) the bag would have only shown that it did NOT account for the odor..............it would not have shown what did cause the odor.

See, that's the problem ... "according to ..." Your conclusion is entirely hypothetical although it "might" be true. From what I read George found maggots inside the bag, which could only happen if the rotting meat was inside. It might be true but there is not proof either way at this point now is there?

I am in no way suggesting Casey isn't guilty of something, I am just questioning the "evidence" which, IMO, is weak. I mean, they can't even determine the cause of death! And although I have read that the presence of the duct tape made the Medical Examiner conclude it was a homicide ... that is quite questionable too considering there is no cause of death apparent!

It could very easily have been an accidental death and that Casey set it up to looking like a kidnapping and murder. Not saying it's true but it's just as plausible based on the "evidence" available. If I was a juror that would provide reasonable doubt that it was first degree murder.

gladiatorqueen
05-31-2011, 09:50 PM
It must frustrate Casey no end to see all of her former friends testifying.
When Casey knew them, most were college students working minimum-wage jobs to make ends meet. Now all of them are gainfully employed, with plans for their futures.
Casey's future is a needle or LWOP. Not the "Bella Vita" she imagined. :lol:

Wow. I can't believe your making jokes and taking pleasure in this. How sad.

Cyn
05-31-2011, 10:09 PM

I didn't take MargeSimpson's comments to be "making a joke" or that she's taking any pleasure in this at all.

If anything, it's more that Casey Anthony is getting her "just desserts" for being a shitty, sociopath of a parent.

my little pony
05-31-2011, 10:15 PM
is Amy going to be allowed to testify that Casey stole her checkbook?

milanessa
05-31-2011, 10:23 PM

:rolleyes: