PDA

View Full Version : Casey Anthony trial

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

Cyn
07-05-2011, 08:10 PM
Fox News reporting that the police have set up what was referred to as a "dragnet" in the Anthony's neighborhood, allowing very few people to go near it.

Anita18
07-05-2011, 08:11 PM
reasonable doubt n. not being sure of a criminal defendant's guilt to a moral certainty. Thus, a juror (or judge sitting without a jury) must be convinced of guilt of a crime (or the degree of crime, as murder instead of manslaughter) "beyond a reasonable doubt," and the jury will be told so by the judge in the jury instructions. However, it is a subjective test since each juror will have to decide if his/her doubt is reasonable. It is more difficult to convict under that test, than "preponderance of the evidence" to decide for the plaintiff (party bringing the suit) in a civil (non-criminal) trial.
More here (http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Reasonable+Doubt) and here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reasonable_doubt).
Speaking of civil trials, I wonder if Zanny not-the-nanny will go forth with hers against Casey. :EVILLE:

Cyn
07-05-2011, 08:12 PM
No. Casey is free to make as much money as she possibly can because she was found not guilty.

Bingo. That's why that monster, OJ Simpson was allowed to write his book, "If I Did It."

Tinami Amori
07-05-2011, 08:13 PM
Given the anger and outrage expressed in just this thread, the likelihood of your getting your wish is probably fairly high. I wouldn't be at all surprised if someone decides to take it upon themselves to give Casey their own version of "justice".

If a person attacks her on a US territory that person will also stand trial.

What will probably happen to her is she will probably meet a young man her age, a visiting foreigner who will have few months of relationship with her, and then will invite her to visit his remote country, on vacation.

Few months after she leaves her family will get a few messages how happy she is where she is, then a message that she decided to stay, and then the notes will keep coming but she will not be seen again, and the country is too much outside “of western/US influences” for anyone to look for her successfully….. after all, the notes are coming that she is happy but returning to USA is out of the question due to her reputation.

soxxy
07-05-2011, 08:15 PM
Jurors are not interested in speaking to the media. The alternates may, it's not clear.

FiveRinger
07-05-2011, 08:18 PM
I understand that people are angry and upset about the verdict. But, when it all boils down, people made the assumption that the jury would see the "obvious."But the jury hasn't had the opportunity to talk to anyone about the case but each other, and the verdict is based on the evidence. It was more than I could keep up with and I wasn't sequestered!

Casey is not going to have an easy life. Just looking at her, I really think that she expected a conviction and was just as surprised as we were when she was acquitted. She has no money, no family. She has the potential to make a fortune since she can profit legally from the crime. She needs to leave the country for safety's sake.

I feel sorry for the family. The parents, her brother, and especially poor Caylee.

And if I was a juror, given the outrage of the public, I wouldn't want to talk to the media, either.

Sasha'sSpins
07-05-2011, 08:23 PM
I understand that people are angry and upset about the verdict. But, when it all boils down, people made the assumption that the jury would see the "obvious."But the jury hasn't had the opportunity to talk to anyone about the case but each other, and the verdict is based on the evidence. It was more than I could keep up with and I wasn't sequestered!

Casey is not going to have an easy life. Just looking at her, I really think that she expected a conviction and was just as surprised as we were when she was acquitted. She has no money, no family. She has the potential to make a fortune since she can profit legally from the crime. She needs to leave the country for safety's sake.

I feel sorry for the family. The parents, her brother, and especially poor Caylee.

And if I was a juror, given the outrage of the public, I wouldn't want to talk to the media, either.

ITA. Well put.

Cyn
07-05-2011, 08:23 PM
What sickens me is the media tour this murdering bitch and her defense team will be making. I also expect at some point to see her in a spread in Playboy or something along those lines.

I have no sense of sympathy or compassion for sociopaths. This bitch deserves to fry, and it would not surprise me in the least is some sort of vigilante justice occurs. The public reaction to the verdict is unbelievable - just go to CNN, Fox, MSNBC, or any other news media website and read the comments. Reporters are stating that the reaction from everyone waiting outside was one of outrage and shock.

Does anyone know if a civil trial will take place?

DFJ
07-05-2011, 08:28 PM

For what?

Cheylana
07-05-2011, 08:28 PM
Like a wrongful death case? Not sure who would file that on behalf of Caylee's estate. Casey is her next-of-kin and she obviously won't sue herself. Besides, there are no deep pockets to target, like there were with the OJ Simpson case.

FiveRinger
07-05-2011, 08:29 PM
^What civil trial? There is one scheduled in Aug where Zanaida Hernandez is suing Casey for defamation. But who else can sue her?

skatingfan5
07-05-2011, 08:30 PM
Does anyone know if a civil trial will take place?Who would be the plaintiff and what would be the grounds for the lawsuit?

ETA: I just saw the above post about Zanaida Hernandez.

VIETgrlTerifa
07-05-2011, 08:35 PM
Judging from this thread and Facebook, I think the media certainly won.

skatemommy
07-05-2011, 08:38 PM
"Hi Dad, sorry I threw you under the bus...can I move back in and we can pretend this never happened?"

Cyn
07-05-2011, 08:39 PM
The jury is declining to speak to the public about this. Quelle surprise :rolleyes: .

The most ludicrous part of Baez's speech? When he said that "Now Casey can be able to grieve for Caylee." :rolleyes: and :mad: X infinity.