PDA

View Full Version : Casey Anthony trial

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

sliver98
07-04-2011, 11:30 PM
The prosecutor Ashton is an idiot and a blowhard, the state has zero evidence that Casey committed premaditaded murder, no fingerprints, no dna no motive except the ridiculous assertion that she was a party girl. Their forensic evidence is truly laughable i believe Casey`s father is a dangerous man and should be investigated but since he is an ex cop he won`t be. As a Juror i would acquit hands down and that is what will happen.

my little pony
07-04-2011, 11:36 PM
there aren't any fingerprints or dan left because the child was underwater after a storm, hurricane fay iirc but i might have the name of the storm wrong. all of the circumstantial evidence points to casey and no one else. for me, the amount of time it takes to wrap tape around the head of a baby, covering her nose and mouth, is long enough to consider it pre meditated.

sliver98
07-04-2011, 11:42 PM
What evidence do you have that Casey put the tape did they find her fingerprints on it no, The tape that was used George also had access, they put his mistress on the stand and he told her it was an accident, the forensics experts eliminated the theory that there was a decomposed body in the trunk of her car since it was not the smell of a human body, the little kid had access to the pool with no surveillance.

WindSpirit
07-05-2011, 12:00 AM
The prosecutor Ashton is an idiot and a blowhard, the state has zero evidence that Casey committed premaditaded murder, no fingerprints, no dna no motive except the ridiculous assertion that she was a party girl. Their forensic evidence is truly laughable i believe Casey`s father is a dangerous man and should be investigated but since he is an ex cop he won`t be. As a Juror i would acquit hands down and that is what will happen. Wooow. Jose Baez, is that you? :lol:

Do you have your own opinion or you have to repeat the defensive attorneys word for word?

Btw, you choose to believe the defense, I choose to believe the evidence, even if circumstantial (which is a valid evidence also). If you think the evidence against Casey is crap, how on earth can you seriously believe in what defense was telling you since they had no evidence whatsoever for their claims. NONE.

sliver98
07-05-2011, 12:06 AM
She will be find guilty of giving false information to law enforcement in regards to a missing person the rest of the charges outright acquittal.

WindSpirit
07-05-2011, 12:08 AM
She will be find guilty of giving false information to law enforcement in regards to a missing person the rest of the charges outright acquittal. I heard you the first time, Jose. I think you're wrong, though. She might not get the death penalty, but I think there's going to be a guilty verdict almost on all counts, probably all.

Skittl1321
07-05-2011, 12:11 AM
At first glance? yes! On the other hand there are dozen other possibilities..... She was terrified and wanted to convince herself "life is still beautiful"..... People act differently when "terrified" or experience other strong emotions.

Yeah, that's why I say it's what seals it. There is so much else that also points to her.

I know as an American it's my civil duty to judge my peers, as it is the only way I can be afforded a trial with by jury of my peers if I ever was in this situation (wrongfully accused, I should hope!) But I just don't think I could ever do it- I'm not really religious, but who am I to judge and condemn when it matters? I can sit and judge on the internet all I want, but I'd never make up my mind in a court- what if I made the wrong decision.

I know circumstantial evidence is valid, but I could never recommend a death penalty on it. I can't believe they allow that. Too many innocent men have been put to death. It shouldn't just be judged without a shadow of the doubt, I don't think the death penalty should be used without DNA evidence, even for a monster.

sliver98
07-05-2011, 12:15 AM
This was never a death penalty case to begin with since the state never came close to prove premaditation except that she likes to go out and party, plus the cause of death still remains unknown according to the state that is prosecuting her. However due to huge public and media pressure she may get convicted of involuntary manslaughter even if the jury thinks she should be acquitted.

PrincessLeppard
07-05-2011, 12:16 AM
Skittl, I don't believe in the death penalty in any case, but I've been on the jury for a murder trial. I was an alternate, but I would've had no problem finding the defendant guilty.

Latte
07-05-2011, 01:25 AM
This is a point which I see as flawed. They found duct tape on the skull of the child. However, the body was so decomposed, by then, that there is no way to know how it got there. Could it have been put over her mouth/nose by Casey? Yes, but they can't prove it. Could it have been put over her mouth only? Which would still be horrible, but could indicate an unintentional death. How can they possibly prove that it was over the child's mouth and nose? It, also, could have been part of what they used to cover her up, after she died. I think this is one of the primary reasons that, even if they find her guilty of 1st degree murder, they will not seek the death penalty. I think Casey killed her, but I am not 100% sure she planned it or intended it. And I don't think the jury will feel 100% sure it was premeditated.

All most word for word what I was going to say.
I think it will be a compromise verdict of maybe Manslaughter, or 2nd degree murder because there will probably be at least one person who won't agree that it was premeditated.
And I will guess Wednesday afternoon.

Edited to add: I think it is 1st degree, not sure if it was premeditated. Maybe overdose of cloro. She's still a monster.

nursebetty
07-05-2011, 01:27 AM
Could be wrong, but I thought Caylee's, Casey's and a lab tech's dna was on the tape. I think the chloroform search and being detected in the trunk are what will do her in, plus a very big plus her emotions or lack of in regard to her very own child. Who cares about her partying, as long as the child was taken care of. One more thing....does anyone believe that George could have abused Casey and Cindy not known about it. She would have had to give her permission or turn a blind eye and that wasn't going to happen. This family's biggest problem was not dealing with Casey and her lying and stealing.

Cheylana
07-05-2011, 01:39 AM
My mom thinks Casey is innocent :wall:

But then again, she is convinced Tonya Harding and O.J. Simpson are also innocent :wall::wall:

I've just come to accept that my mother believes criminals are mythological creatures and nobody actually commits crimes :wall::wall::wall:

numbers123
07-05-2011, 02:40 AM
nursebetty - you should know that incest can occur without the knowledge of other family members. Deep dark secrets occur.

I don't think that George did abuse Casey, but I don't think that if it did happen that Cindy would necessarily know about it.

my little pony
07-05-2011, 02:50 AM
I don't think that George did abuse Casey, but I don't think that if it did happen that Cindy would necessarily know about it.

Didn't Jose say that when Cindy was told she said, "is that why you are such a slut" or something to that effect. I don't believe it happened, but if that had happened, I think Cindy would be more likely to hit the accused person in the head with a brick.

AxelAnnie
07-05-2011, 03:04 AM
She will be find guilty of giving false information to law enforcement in regards to a missing person the rest of the charges outright acquittal.

I want to take whatever you are taking! Goodness gracious. I think Casey will never be free again. The only question for me is will she get the death penalty, or life in prison.

I felt so sorry for Cindy Anthony today. Having to sit and listen to Baez talk about the lies that Casey had told. It must have been awful to realize you have been a fool, completely taken in by your daughter......and whether an accident or deliberate, your daughter had a hand in the death of her granddaughter.