PDA

View Full Version : Casey Anthony trial

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

Marge_Simpson
07-04-2011, 06:10 PM
Linda's rebuttal closing was :kickass: She had me choking up more than once.

BaileyCatts
07-04-2011, 06:17 PM
...... Is #5 the one who said she couldn't judge people? I always wondered why they let that person on the jury in the first place. .......

It is actually Juror #4 that so much has been said about her saying she could not judge people. I've heard a LOT of talk about Juror #4 during the trial that makes me think she will be a hold out. It was only in the last few days that I've heard them talking about Juror #5 and his gestures and body language.

BlueAranjuez
07-04-2011, 07:07 PM
I'm just hoping justice will be done.

CDANN1013
07-04-2011, 07:18 PM
Linda's rebuttal closing was :kickass: She had me choking up more than once.

I was too.

Carol

rudi
07-04-2011, 07:51 PM
Thought I read that there did not have to be a unanimous vote on this. Anyone else hear this?

In order to convict on 1st degree murder, all must be unanimous. However, the 1st degree murder conviction could be arrived at based on one of two things: (1) premeditation or (2) felony murder.

So, for example, some jurors may come to the conclusion that it was premeditated and some may come to the conclusion that it wasn't premeditated, but that felony murder occurred (felony murder being a killing that occurs during the commission of a felony, in this case the felony being aggravated child abuse). However, if they can all agree that it was one of these two things, they can convict on 1st degree.

Regarding the sentencing phase, if she is convicted on 1st degree murder and the jury has to make a decision regarding the death penalty, that decision does not need to be unanimous in the state of FL. It needs to be a majority (7-5) decision.

IceAlisa
07-04-2011, 07:59 PM
I haven't been following the case or this thread. What do people think? Guilty? Not guilty? Murder?

WindSpirit
07-04-2011, 08:09 PM
I think she's totally guilty and it was a murder. Before I thought that most likely it was accidental but all the computer searches would prove otherwise.

The most damning evidence to me, though (even if only circumstantial) would be Casey's behavior for the 31 days after Caylee disappeared. No matter how you slice it, even if she killed her daughter accidentally, no innocent person would behave like she did, even getting the tattoo "Bella Vita." What's so fcuking bella about your life when your two-year-old daughter, a helpless child you're supposed to protect, is missing?

reese
07-04-2011, 08:15 PM
Where was Nancy Grace the night of the Caylee Anthony murder?

soxxy
07-04-2011, 08:22 PM
Funny Lee was not there for either day of closing arguments. What's that all about?

IceAlisa
07-04-2011, 08:31 PM
The most damning evidence to me, though (even if only circumstantial) would be Casey's behavior for the 31 days after Caylee disappeared. No matter how you slice it, even if she killed her daughter accidentally, no innocent person would behave like she did, even getting the tattoo "Bella Vita." What's so fcuking bella about your life when your two-year-old daughter, a helpless child you're supposed to protect, is missing?

I didn't know about the tattoo. That certainly doesn't help her case. Today I heard the prosecution play Casey's phone call with a family member (a woman whose exact family connection I missed) during that month that Caylee was missing. The woman on the phone was incredulous at Casey's behavior, that she was so calm in the face of an event like that.

The reason that I think she is guilty is that the defense's case or what I've heard of it (imaginary friends?? really???) doesn't make sense while the prosecution's does.

Tinami Amori
07-04-2011, 09:10 PM
I haven't been following the case or this thread. What do people think? Guilty? Not guilty? Murder?

Not a pre-meditated murder, but a murder.
Not an innocent accident, but a gross case of child endangerment.
She probably wanted her child to be “turned off” like a toy, while she partied. “It” killed her child.

I would still put her on the death row.... because now I am wondering what the heck did she do with her pets when she was young.

IceAlisa
07-04-2011, 09:50 PM
That's my impression as well.

Skittl1321
07-04-2011, 10:19 PM
The tattoo is what really seals it for me.

I cannot imagine any mother getting that tattoo while her daughter was missing, or after a tragic accident where her daughter was killed. She was clearly pleased with the outcome.

I don't think I could ever be on a jury of this magnitude, but in the court of public opinion, I without a doubt cast my vote as guilty, and I think it was premeditated. The woman is a monster.

Tinami Amori
07-04-2011, 10:32 PM
The tattoo is what really seals it for me.

I cannot imagine any mother getting that tattoo while her daughter was missing, or after a tragic accident where her daughter was killed. She was clearly pleased with the outcome.

At first glance? yes! On the other hand there are dozen other possibilities..... She was terrified and wanted to convince herself "life is still beautiful"..... People act differently when "terrified" or experience other strong emotions.

FiveRinger
07-04-2011, 10:46 PM
I am just trying to understand the evidence. Did I hear/read correctly that Casey had taped Caylee's mouth on more than one occasion to keep her quiet? I am confused.