PDA

View Full Version : Casey Anthony trial

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

numbers123
07-04-2011, 12:02 AM
actually for the party girl Casey, I would think that life in prison without parole might be worse that death penalty in her mind.

taf2002
07-04-2011, 01:07 AM
Depending on what time the jury gets the case, I vote for verdict either Monday afternoon or Tuesday morning. The first thing the foreman will do is take a poll & I would be surprised if anyone doesn't vote for guilty of murder. They may have to discuss premeditated vs non but on the count of 1st degree murder, how can anyone still have reasonble doubts?

GaPeach
07-04-2011, 01:15 AM
Depending on what time the jury gets the case, I vote for verdict either Monday afternoon or Tuesday morning. The first thing the foreman will do is take a poll & I would be surprised if anyone doesn't vote for guilty of murder. They may have to discuss premeditated vs non but on the count of 1st degree murder, how can anyone still have reasonble doubts?
Juror number 4 might be the hold-out. There have been talk about her body language and the State did not want her.

Lucy25
07-04-2011, 01:41 AM
Thought I read that there did not have to be a unanimous vote on this. Anyone else hear this?

judiz
07-04-2011, 01:52 AM
How was she suppose to breathe with duct tape on her mouth and nose? I believe it was premeditated, maybe she hadn't planned a particular day, but she did have a plan to follow when needed. I mainly believe this because of her affect and she most have already changed her feelings toward Caylee. Her friends never saw any difference in her. If Caylee had died because of an accident someone should have seen a difference.

Sorry, you're right, I think in the past Casey only duct taped Caylee's mouth so she couldn't make noise, this final time she duct taped the nose. Don't know what made me miss that in my original post.

WindSpirit
07-04-2011, 02:21 AM
Although you don' have to prove motive. . . They figureCasey wanted to be free and party and do what she wanted when she wanted. Kinda hard to do when you are living at home with your toddler . . . I also read that Cindy wanted Casey to move out of her house but wanted to keep Caylee. I see a motive right there. Killing the kid out of spite, "I won't let you have her." Seeing the family's dynamics, it fit right in there. Casey seems to have a bad case of hate against her parents, especially her mother.

AxelAnnie
07-04-2011, 04:00 AM
Depending on what time the jury gets the case, I vote for verdict either Monday afternoon or Tuesday morning. The first thing the foreman will do is take a poll & I would be surprised if anyone doesn't vote for guilty of murder. They may have to discuss premeditated vs non but on the count of 1st degree murder, how can anyone still have reasonable doubts?

like the way you think. I was too chicken to say that. Bed time now (for us left coasters), we have to be up at 5:30 for the last of the closing arguments :)

cruisin
07-04-2011, 01:26 PM
How was she suppose to breathe with duct tape on her mouth and nose?

This is a point which I see as flawed. They found duct tape on the skull of the child. However, the body was so decomposed, by then, that there is no way to know how it got there. Could it have been put over her mouth/nose by Casey? Yes, but they can't prove it. Could it have been put over her mouth only? Which would still be horrible, but could indicate an unintentional death. How can they possibly prove that it was over the child's mouth and nose? It, also, could have been part of what they used to cover her up, after she died. I think this is one of the primary reasons that, even if they find her guilty of 1st degree murder, they will not seek the death penalty. I think Casey killed her, but I am not 100% sure she planned it or intended it. And I don't think the jury will feel 100% sure it was premeditated.

soxxy
07-04-2011, 02:18 PM
Juror number 4 might be the hold-out. There have been talk about her body language and the State did not want her.

I'm reading reports out of the courtroom, on Twitter, from reporters, that Juror number 5 is shrugging and turning away from Ashton during his rebuttal.

If reporters are noticing it, Judge Perry and the prosecution are noticing it.

AxelAnnie
07-04-2011, 02:48 PM
Well, Soxxy, what is the Judge supposed to do about it? Does he have any choices. Is #5 the one who said she couldn't judge people? I always wondered why they let that person on the jury in the first place. Jeff Ashton is sure a master of laying out a case.

soxxy
07-04-2011, 03:06 PM
Well, Soxxy, what is the Judge supposed to do about it? Does he have any choices. Is #5 the one who said she couldn't judge people? I always wondered why they let that person on the jury in the first place. Jeff Ashton is sure a master of laying out a case.

I doubt Judge Perry can do anything about juror behavior here, unless they become verbal, etc. I would just keep my poker face if I were there.

Baez objection shot down again.

Linda should do a great job here.

numbers123
07-04-2011, 03:44 PM

IIRC the state and the defense have a certain limit to the number of jurors that they can request not be on a jury. The state may have reached their limit before Juror #5 was selected.

BigB08822
07-04-2011, 05:06 PM
I am really shocked the case is still going on today which is probably the biggest National holiday of the year. Not that I blame them, just surprised.

Cyn
07-04-2011, 05:54 PM
I also think she won't get the death penalty, but guilty on all other counts. I think having her sit in jail the rest of her life wth no parole is at least getting some justice served for poor Caylee. I hope Casey lives a long, long life well into her 90's just so she has to serve every day of that behind bars. And I'm sure the other inmates will make her life a living hell.

While in some ways I see your point, but the pragmatic side of me certainly does not want tax dollars wasted keeping this monster alive for decades. Talk about a waste of money…..this bitch isn't worth it.

IceAlisa
07-04-2011, 05:56 PM
Seeing as I am on the East Coast right now, I caught the tail end of the prosecution rebuttal. I think Casey is guilty as sin.