PDA

View Full Version : Casey Anthony trial

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

cruisin
07-03-2011, 06:55 PM
Does anyone think the bumbling will create a good reason for a mistrial? Maybe that's the goal now. Also, does anyone think the jury will actually recommend the death penalty? I think there are so many unprovens, that they may not. I don't think anyone will ever find out what did happen, so much of the evidence is circumstantial, and Casey ain't talking.

MacMadame
07-03-2011, 07:08 PM
Does anyone think the bumbling will create a good reason for a mistrial?

No. There has to be a procedural issue. Rambling in your closing arguments isn't a procedural issue. So not asking certain questions that should have been asked, not presenting certain evidence that was available at the time, misconduct on the part of the prosecution, jury hearing things they shouldn't have, etc. are what will work to get a mistrial.

soxxy
07-03-2011, 07:19 PM
Just when he's making a bit of headway, Baez says, "The hardest thing to do in this case is to talk about maggots....."

Uh, no.

And....how many times, since Baez began, has the State objected and had them sustained? Four or five?

rudi
07-03-2011, 09:53 PM
Does anyone think the bumbling will create a good reason for a mistrial?
I don't think so.

Also, does anyone think the jury will actually recommend the death penalty?
I agree with you. I don't think that CA will receive the death penalty. I do think that she will be found guilty of 1st degree murder (via felony murder) and will be sentenced to life without the possibility of parole.

Anyone want to make a prediction of how long you think the jury will take to come to a verdict? I predict one day and a couple of hours.

my little pony
07-03-2011, 09:58 PM
Anyone want to make a prediction of how long you think the jury will take to come to a verdict? I predict one day and a couple of hours.

I think it will be quick. One of the jurors is going on a cruise on 7/7.

rudi
07-03-2011, 09:59 PM
Jeff Ashton did a brilliant job at closing....watched evey moment

Totally agree. Brief, yet powerful. He connected everything so well.

I think JB has done an okay job throughout the trial, given his inexeperience and with the set of facts he has to work with. However; his closing is too disjointed/all over the place. I think he knows the jig is up, and I think that, as of today, CA knows too.

AxelAnnie
07-03-2011, 10:01 PM
I don't think so.

I agree with you. I don't think that CA will receive the death penalty. I do think that she will be found guilty of 1st degree murder (via felony murder) and will be sentenced to life without the possibility of parole.

will. I say verdict no later than Thursday

rudi
07-03-2011, 10:01 PM
I think it will be quick. One of the jurors is going on a cruise on 7/7.

Yes, is that the one who is going to England? I remember Judge BP telling her, "We'll be done by then", and I was kind of surprised that he thought that.

Good thing there are 5 alternates, because they may need to excuse her.

judiz
07-03-2011, 10:17 PM
I think it will be a pretty fast verdict, guilty on all counts except premeditated murder, I predict a hung jury there. I really don't believe she meant to kill Caylee, I think she used too much cholorform to put her to sleep and she OD or cholorform can make people vomit and Caylee vomited upon waking up and then choked on her vomit since Casey had duct taped her nose and mouth to keep her quiet.

nursebetty
07-03-2011, 10:56 PM
How was she suppose to breathe with duct tape on her mouth and nose? I believe it was premeditated, maybe she hadn't planned a particular day, but she did have a plan to follow when needed. I mainly believe this because of her affect and she most have already changed her feelings toward Caylee. Her friends never saw any difference in her. If Caylee had died because of an accident someone should have seen a difference.

my little pony
07-03-2011, 11:12 PM
How was she suppose to breathe with duct tape on her mouth and nose?

ita, she could have put her to sleep with some otc cold medicine if that is all she really wanted. and who googles how to break a neck?

i feel like the defense put more effort into these posters than their actual closing statement.

soxxy
07-03-2011, 11:19 PM
Linda Drane Burdick is going to hit this closing out of the park.

Beefcake
07-03-2011, 11:21 PM
^ Yep. I am 99.999% certain that this was hideous, premeditated murder. You don't research, multiple times, ways to kill an "animal" or a human when all you really want to do is get some quiet time ... especially when you've got a close and eager family willing to help with your kid at anytime day or night.

This is an overwhelming amount of evidence against this monster, and I see no real credible evidence - and no monumental lawyer goofs, e.g. having the defendant "struggle" face-to-face with his jury to try on shrunken dried bloody gloves over latex gloves - that could sway a reasonable jury.

soxxy
07-03-2011, 11:36 PM
Recess. Excellent.

BaileyCatts
07-03-2011, 11:55 PM
I don't think so.

I also think she won't get the death penalty, but guilty on all other counts. I think having her sit in jail the rest of her life wth no parole is at least getting some justice served for poor Caylee. I hope Casey lives a long, long life well into her 90's just so she has to serve every day of that behind bars. And I'm sure the other inmates will make her life a living hell.

If the jury gets the case on Monday and starts deliberating immediately, I think we have a verdict by no later than end of day on Wednesday.