PDA

View Full Version : Casey Anthony trial

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

nursebetty
05-27-2011, 03:22 AM
Stupid story. There were chloroform and kidnapping searches on her computer months before. If I remember correctly she told one of her boyfriends her brother molested her and that is why she never let him keep Caylee. Came out the same time he keep saying they were best friends. Personally I think it is one of her many lies to make people feel sorry for her and excuse her poor behavior. I think Baez is crazy enough to believe what ever Casey tells him, but he has to know this is a lie.........duck tape.

judiz
05-27-2011, 03:51 AM
I have to wonder what was going on in Baez's head when he wrote his opening statement accusing George Anthony of molesting his daughter and taking part in the cover up of Caylee's death. Baez would had had better luck going with an accidental drowning death and Casey panicking and hiding the body, blaming it on some sort of mental breakdown.

Marge_Simpson
05-27-2011, 03:54 AM
If Baez truly believed it was an accidental drowning (I certainly don't) why did he let Casey sit in jail for 3 years without saying so?

ks777
05-27-2011, 04:49 AM
If the girl really drowned, why they had to hide about it? All they had to do was to call 911. It sounds like they just came up with it. I don't believe she was moleted either. If she was molested by her father as she claim, would you let your daughter get close to him? Besides, she lied so much already since her baby went missing.. nobody would believe her anymore. She killed her so she can have her party life back, that's what happened.

Marge_Simpson
05-27-2011, 06:41 AM
Cheney Mason (part of Casey's defense team) tried to have a mistrial declared earlier today. His reason was that the State kept asking their witnesses inappropriate questions about Casey's demeanor and behavior after Caylee's death. He said that since the defense had already admitted that Casey knew her daughter was dead, her subsequent behavior has no bearing on the case. :rolleyes:
Fortunately Judge Perry wasn't buying it.
Does anyone think Casey will take the stand? I'd think she'd have to, to back up the claim of sex abuse. I'm hoping she does testify - I'm looking forward to seeing the State rip her story to shreds.

Marge_Simpson
05-28-2011, 06:28 PM
I've revised my opinion that the Anthony family is in cahoots with Casey and Baez.
Did anyone watch Cindy Anthony's testimony this morning? Pretty powerful stuff...I think Cindy and George finally woke up to the fact that Casey is a pathological liar and doesn't care who she throws under the bus if it can spare her the DP. IMO, they are telling the truth for Caylee, and Casey is on her own.
Casey had a hissy fit while Cindy was testifying. Rather amusing...her goose is cooked!
The SA timed things perfectly. Court was adjourned at 1 PM and will not resume until Tuesday, so Baez could not cross-examine. :HA!:

soxxy
05-28-2011, 09:49 PM
The SA timed things perfectly. Court was adjourned at 1 PM and will not resume until Tuesday, so Baez could not cross-examine. :HA!:

I believe Casey to be guilty, and am looking forward to Baez' cross-examination of Cindy. Baez gets under George's skin quite successfully.....I think he's going to have quite a different situation on his hands if he decides to aproach Mrs. Anthony the same way. :yikes:

gladiatorqueen
05-29-2011, 03:15 AM
I would say don't' judge a book by its cover. I don't think what happened is okay at all, but I expect we will never know the whole truth. Families can keep dark secrets when it comes to sexual abuse. That's all I am saying. I am sad that if she is found guilty and sentenced to death that we will really never know the whole truth of what happened. Just saying ...

gladiatorqueen
05-29-2011, 03:17 AM
I don't understand why everyone is so sure that George or Lee isn't lying? I am not excusing what was done but why is everyone so quick to believe she wasn't abused?

judiz
05-29-2011, 03:24 AM
I don't understand why everyone is so sure that George or Lee isn't lying? I am not excusing what was done but why is everyone so quick to believe she wasn't abused?

Probably because the first time it was mentioned was at the trial, If Casey had been abused by her father, why wasn't it brought up earlier? Also, why continue to live in the same house as your abuser and give your abuser unlimited access to your daughter?

Can't wait until Casey gets on the stand and has to explain why she was in a wet teeshirt contest and partying at clubs in the days after Caylee disappeared.

gladiatorqueen
05-29-2011, 03:38 AM
Probably because the first time it was mentioned was at the trial, If Casey had been abused by her father, why wasn't it brought up earlier? Also, why continue to live in the same house as your abuser and give your abuser unlimited access to your daughter?

Can't wait until Casey gets on the stand and has to explain why she was in a wet teeshirt contest and partying at clubs in the days after Caylee disappeared.

It's called repressed memories. It does happen. I am not suggesting that is the definitive truth ... just wondering why people are so quick to dismiss the allegation.

Marge_Simpson
05-29-2011, 05:37 AM
Casey lied to her parents during the 31 days Caylee was missing. She said she was in Tampa, with the nanny.
She lied about the nanny...there was no nanny. She wasn't in Tampa, either, she was holed up with her boyfriend.
First she said she had dropped Caylee off at Zanny's apartment and left Caylee outside the door. Who in their right mind would leave a 2 year old outside someone's door? Besides Zanny being a figment of her imagination, it turned out that that particular apartment had been unoccupied for months.
When she got caught in that lie, she changed her story and said Zanny kidnapped Caylee while they were all in a park together.
She told the detectives she worked at Universal Studios, and accompanied them there to retrieve a cell phone in her office.
There was no office and no cell phone. She did not work there...she had been fired in 2006.
She told her friend Amy that her parents were divorcing and were going to sign over their house to her.
Her parents were not divorcing, and were not planning to give her the house.
She stole Amy's checkbook and was eventually arrested for it. Her excuse was that she needed the money to search for Caylee.
She stole money from her grandmother, and stole a considerable amount of money that was earmarked to pay for her grandfather's nursing home care. Cindy has admitted that she stole many thousand of dollars from her as well.
Why should we believe abything that comes out of her mouth now?

ks777
05-29-2011, 05:49 AM
Casey lied to her parents during the 31 days Caylee was missing. She said she was in Tampa, with the nanny.
She lied about the nanny...there was no nanny. She wasn't in Tampa, either, she was holed up with her boyfriend.
First she said she had dropped Caylee off at Zanny's apartment and left Caylee outside the door. Who in their right mind would leave a 2 year old outside someone's door? Besides Zanny being a figment of her imagination, it turned out that that particular apartment had been unoccupied for months.
When she got caught in that lie, she changed her story and said Zanny kidnapped Caylee while they were all in a park together.
She told the detectives she worked at Universal Studios, and accompanied them there to retrieve a cell phone in her office.
There was no office and no cell phone. She did not work there...she had been fired in 2006.
She told her friend Amy that her parents were divorcing and were going to sign over their house to her.
Her parents were not divorcing, and were not planning to give her the house.
She stole Amy's checkbook and was eventually arrested for it. Her excuse was that she needed the money to search for Caylee.
She stole money from her grandmother, and stole a considerable amount of money that was earmarked to pay for her grandfather's nursing home care. Cindy has admitted that she stole many thousand of dollars from her as well.
Why should we believe abything that comes out of her mouth now?

well said!

Latte
05-30-2011, 01:44 AM
I have to wonder what was going on in Baez's head when he wrote his opening statement accusing George Anthony of molesting his daughter and taking part in the cover up of Caylee's death. Baez would had had better luck going with an accidental drowning death and Casey panicking and hiding the body, blaming it on some sort of mental breakdown.

My opinion also.

I am hoping they do put Casey on the stand and when she is cross examined she falls apart and blows up so the juriors can see the real her. Sometimes I look at her sitting there listening to others testify and she looks demented. And evil.:mad:

AxelAnnie
05-30-2011, 02:14 AM
I think it's a ploy to create reasonable doubt with at least one juror.
The Anthonys met with Casey's defense team several weeks ago and I am convinced that they cooked this up between them to try and spare Casey the death penalty. I believe thay all agreed to throw George under the bus. This is a man with a serious temper and he didn't react when Jose Baez made his opening statements. And he didn't go ballistic while on the stand Tuesday, which we would have expected from him, given his past behavior during depositions.
Casey accuses George of sexual abuse, George denies it. There is no way to prove it, but it may garner sympathy for Casey.
!

I can't imagine that the purpose of the meeting was to agree to throw George under the bus. As a strategy, it makes no sense.

Both George and Cindy were admonished by the judge that if they so much as made a facial expression he found out of line....they were out of the court room. I think that accounts for George's cool demeanor on the stand. This is a man who attempted suicide because of grief over his granddaughter's death. This is NOT a man who killed her and tried to cover it up. He never would have gone to get the car.............noticed the smell and commented on it.

I think Casey is a real piece of work. I hope that George and Cindy have awakened from their stinkin' thinkin' that allowed them to believe Casey's lies, and realize what a horror that woman is. And I hope they can forgive themselves for excusing her, lying for her, and supporting her and her bizarre behavior. (I am not saying they did anything wrong....they just loved their daughter and "hoped" their "help" would help/save her. (Been there done that.....have the shirt, and about a million Al-Anon meeting under my belt!)

And as to Casey being a loving mother...............so was Diane Downs, until she shot her three kids, and so was Susan Smith until she drowned hers.

That poor, sweet child. Hopefully her death, like that of Polly Klass, Amber Hagerman, Adam Walsh, and Jessica Lunsford will keep shining a spotlight down upon the rest of us so we can be more vigilant.