PDA

View Full Version : Casey Anthony trial

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

numbers123
06-26-2011, 08:32 PM
I realize that many of us are condemning Cindy, George and Lee in what they are testifying and changing their statements as the trial goes on, but I still don't think that we would really know what we would do in the same situation.

We can be certain as to what we would do when it is a hypothetical situation for us, but until we are actually in that situation faced with those exact circumstances I don't think I would be able to say absolutely that I would never do that.

I think that I would tell the truth even if it meant my child was going to face the death penalty, but I don't know that with absolute certainty.

One thing that has me baffled is why does this case receive the enormous media attention. Sad to say, but there are many children killed by their parents each month. Many who lie about it, some who were missing for some time - even enlisting the community to find them. So out of all those other situations, why does this one get so much coverage.

numbers123
06-26-2011, 08:33 PM
I realize that many of us are condemning Cindy, George and Lee in what they are testifying and changing their statements as the trial goes on, but I still don't think that we would really know what we would do in the same situation.

We can be certain as to what we would do when it is a hypothetical situation for us, but until we are actually in that situation faced with those exact circumstances I don't think I would be able to say absolutely that I would never do that.

I think that I would tell the truth even if it meant my child was going to face the death penalty, but I don't know that with absolute certainty.

One thing that has me baffled is why does this case receive the enormous media attention. Sad to say, but there are many children killed by their parents each month. Many who lie about it, some who were missing for some time - even enlisting the community to find them. So out of all those other situations, why does this one get so much coverage?

my little pony
06-26-2011, 10:21 PM
So out of all those other situations, why does this one get so much coverage?

I think because of Casey's behavior, she's interesting in a roadside accident sort of way

BaileyCatts
06-27-2011, 05:04 AM
Anyone watch Judge Janine Friday? Great special. Loved the analysis at the end..........and I cried right along with the Judge. What a MESS!

I didn't see that. Do you remember what her analysis was or what she said? I've been mostly glued to HLN and didn't think to check the other channels.

Marge_Simpson
06-27-2011, 06:04 AM
If looks could kill....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WmWhzFLgyM

soxxy
06-27-2011, 02:40 PM
Judge Perry suspended testimony Saturday so that Casey could be evaluated by psychiatrists for competency. She was examined over the weekend. Judge Perry has declared her competent and the trial will proceed.

Had Casey been found by Judge Perry incompetent to continue, I'm don't know what they would have done with her.

danceronice
06-27-2011, 03:39 PM
Judge Perry suspended testimony Saturday so that Casey could be evaluated by psychiatrists for competency. She was examined over the weekend. Judge Perry has declared her competent and the trial will proceed.

Had Casey been found by Judge Perry incompetent to continue, I'm don't know what they would have done with her.

Changed the plea to "Not guilty by reason of mental defect" or whatever the language for it in Florida is, and remanded her into psychiatric custody would be my guess.

As for what I'd do in Cindy's shoes, I would hope it would "Be so ashamed of the rotten failure of a waste of tissue I birthed and raised the only thing keeping from committing seppuku as atonement is assisting the justice system in using the death penalty as retroactive abortion", but as I don't have children it's unlikely the situation will come up.

my little pony
06-27-2011, 03:43 PM
lol, before we went out at night, my father used to say "just remember i don't visit people in jail."

milanessa
06-27-2011, 04:43 PM
Changed the plea to "Not guilty by reason of mental defect" or whatever the language for it in Florida is, and remanded her into psychiatric custody would be my guess.

No, competency and insanity/mental defect are different things. The request was made by the defense in order to ensure she could competently assist in her trial because she's, apparently, more emotional and upset the further the proceedings go. Same as if she was claiming to be too sick physically to continue. The judge would likely have her examined by medical doctors.

AxelAnnie
06-27-2011, 05:00 PM
If looks could kill....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WmWhzFLgyM

Whoa! Missed that. OK - I sure hope the jury saw it!

AxelAnnie
06-27-2011, 05:01 PM

Who said this? I haven't heard this anywhere.

Found it: Fox News (http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/06/27/casey-anthony-found-competent-to-take-stand-in-murder-trial/)

The trial was abruptly put on hold over the weekend after the judge said a "legal matter" had come up. Orange County Chief Judge Belvin Perry said Monday said Anthony was examined by three psychologists over the weekend after defense lawyers filed a motion to

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/06/27/casey-anthony-found-competent-to-take-stand-in-murder-trial/#ixzz1QUe894Kh

Curiouser and Curiouser!

nursebetty
06-27-2011, 10:45 PM
Seriously as angry as Casey gets she could have shaken the child to death or beaten her. Why people think it was an accident is beyond me. Would think her out with the boyfriend hours later with no emotions would nip that in the bud. Plus clearly this girl has plenty of emotions.

my little pony
06-27-2011, 11:31 PM
where did the new lawyer come from? she looks like mrs doubtfire

AxelAnnie
06-28-2011, 04:06 AM
She has always been on the case (I just discovered) but she is an expert in the second phase lawyer.....and may have taken this part on to try (in advance) to lay down lingering doubt, which will come into play during the penalty phase.

Boy, I will say this...........if I knew I was going to be on national tv, I would have had a little wardrobe consulting LOL

danceronice
06-28-2011, 02:48 PM
Seriously as angry as Casey gets she could have shaken the child to death or beaten her. Why people think it was an accident is beyond me. Would think her out with the boyfriend hours later with no emotions would nip that in the bud. Plus clearly this girl has plenty of emotions.

If she grabbed her and shook her, that could be voluntary manslaughter, not first-degree--why not confess? No matter how dim her family is, if there were ANY way the death could have been construed on immediate examination as an accident or at the very least not premeditated, why create a ridiculous charade hiding the body where the only conclusion any sane person, let alone a reasonable one, would draw is they were trying to conceal capital murder? I mean, the defense's "theories" boil down to "Everyone in this family is a flaming idiot. Worst-case scenario if she shook her hard enough to break her neck, she does 15 years or so for second-degree murder. If she drowned, they call 911, she drowned, it's a five-minute blip on a slow news day about another kid dying in a pool. We're supposed to believe instead they took a scenario where the worst that could happen is prison time with parole an option and turned it into a situation where the worst that can happen is a death sentence? If that's true they'll ALL too dumb to live.