PDA

View Full Version : Casey Anthony trial

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

RockTheTassel
06-24-2011, 05:02 PM
I've read numerous reports about whether Casey's parents believe she's innocent, and they're all different. In the most recent one I saw (last night on Fox News), they claimed they didn't know whether she was innocent or not. It seems to me that they don't know what to believe anymore.

numbers123
06-24-2011, 05:18 PM
in more than one report (http://content.usatoday.com/communities/ondeadline/post/2011/06/cnn-casey-anthonys-lawyer-says-her-parents-do-not-believe-she-is-innocent-of-daughters-death/1), which also says they do not want the death penalty.
That's different that wanting to take her home and live as if nothing happened.

danceronice
06-24-2011, 05:45 PM
I don't think they believe she's 100% honest and innocent. I think they are very much trying to make themselves believe it was some kind of accident (not the story the defense is spinning, that just seems to be "How to get a hung jury or an incompetant-counsel appeal") and that their daughter did not commit first degree premeditated murder in cold blood on their granddaughter. Which is a reasonable psychological reaction, but not very helpful as far as getting a fair verdict goes.

judiz
06-24-2011, 06:11 PM
I believe deep down George and Cindy Anthony know their daughter is responsible for the death of Caylee but they do not want to believe it was a planned death. They'd rather believe Caylee died accidentally and Casey couldn't face what happened so she panicked and made up the Zanny the nanny story. I imagine both George and Cindy must had asked themselves millions of times why Casey felt she couldn't come to them when Caylee died and why Casey still won't admit the truth to them.

judiz
06-24-2011, 08:19 PM
What is the point of having testimony continue when the jury is not in the courtroom?

soxxy
06-24-2011, 08:39 PM
What is the point of having testimony continue when the jury is not in the courtroom?

It's one of the ways the judge can determine if the information the witness is about to offer is relevant and "proper" for the jury to hear, without having to depend on what the lawyers say in sidebar. Are you referring to the policeman who handcuffed Casey at Mrs. Anthony's request (stolen credit card)? I see the jury was dismissed again before another witness was to "testify." He (the witness) can clarify/expand upon what the lawyers explained in sidebar outside of the presence of the jury, questioned by the lawyers and the judge.

judiz
06-24-2011, 11:27 PM
When questioned by the prosecution, Cindy said the pool ladder was never left out and she was fairly certain it had been put away in the time period when Caylee disappeared. Now today Cindy tells the defense she remembers the pool ladder being left out on June 16th, the day the defense says Caylee drowned?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/06/24/cindy-anthony-casey-anthony_n_884061.html?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl1%7Csec1_lnk2%7C73045

judiz
06-25-2011, 04:18 PM
Court recessed for rest of day, no reason given

Lacey
06-25-2011, 08:24 PM
Am I the only one outraged by what the mother has been saying this week? Isn't she outright lying? I she really allowed to do this?

judiz
06-25-2011, 10:37 PM
No, you're not the only one and I have to wonder if Cindy will be brought up on perjury charges. Everyone says they are protecting Casey so she won't get the death penalty but perjury is perjury.

nursebetty
06-25-2011, 11:34 PM
Me too. I'm just sick of this family. They know that on the night Caylee died Casey was out watching movies, etc., etc. without showing any concern or emotion for this child, but still they are willing to lie. This is not the mother of a child that accidently died. And where do they think Casey is going to live if she gets out of prison....with them and it will not be pretty. Would serve them right. It will be disgusting if this family gets rich over this child's death.

milanessa
06-25-2011, 11:39 PM
Although I live about 30 miles from where the trial is taking place I guess I'm not watching it as closely as some of you. What are the lies she's telling?

attyfan
06-25-2011, 11:39 PM
No, you're not the only one and I have to wonder if Cindy will be brought up on perjury charges. Everyone says they are protecting Casey so she won't get the death penalty but perjury is perjury.

One of the elements of perjury is materiality, which is defined as being the kind of thing that could make a difference in the verdict. If Cindy's lie isn't material, her offense isn't perjury. This element may not be too easy to prove.

Lacey
06-26-2011, 01:28 AM
The mother has said this week that she is the one who searched Chlorophyll and Chloroform on the computer because her dog had eaten something, and that she did the searches on the work days in question because, as a salaried employee, she was permitted to leave her job and go home whenever she wanted and those dates were near her anniversary which she would have left work to plan. She also said that the granddaughter had learned to open the house door, and that someone had left the ladder to the pool on the pool so the child could have climbed in, putting the accidental drowning theory of the defense back in the mix.

So everything the mother is now saying supports the defense's theory that Casey did not kill Caylee, that Casey did not search for anything on how to kill a child or that someone else, not Casey, left the ladder on the pool. People have said that the mother knows Casey in fact did murder the child, but can't stand the idea of losing another family member if Casey gets convicted, so she is making up these lies, which may or may not be perjury.

AxelAnnie
06-26-2011, 03:13 AM

I am not so sure she is "lying" as much as re-remembering the facts to tailor them to the defense case. She already testified to the ladder being left up....but said it was the week before she last saw Caylee......now she "remembers" it as the June 16 ( the day Caylee was last seen). The back gate was left open, and Cindy called George.....she was concerned someone had been swimming in the pool. I suspect she is not lying so much as she has "put it in context" and that context helps her daughter.

If someone asked me enough times, are you sure you had on a red dress the day of the car accident............then, is it possible the dress was orange..........then, didn't you really buy the red dress AFTER the accident.....and this went on for three years.....I might just be convinced that, yep, I did buy that dress after the accident.

I just think her testimony makes Baez look like a fool, and Cindy look like a mother.

OK - I take it all back. I just watched Cindy's testimony again...............I think she was lying...........just lying.

Bummer.