PDA

View Full Version : Casey Anthony trial

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

soxxy
06-23-2011, 09:52 PM
Yep! She is trying to take the fall. The prosecutor excoriated her on cross. This poor woman. Boy, does she need help.

Agreed. I'm curious to see if the prosecution can obtain records if Cindy was at work those times she claims she was home searching the term 'chlorophyl' at home. What a circus.

GaPeach
06-23-2011, 10:38 PM
Yep! She is trying to take the fall. The prosecutor excoriated her on cross. This poor woman. Boy, does she need help.

Who in this family wants justice for Caylee? This is just disgusting!

Cheylana
06-23-2011, 10:49 PM
You know, I am not a mother, so maybe I just don't understand. But I don't care if it was my daughter, if she killed my granddaughter (which I believe Casey did), after all the lies she has told, all the accusations she has made against her family, all the partying and couldn't care less attitude she had about her daughter being missing ... my gawd, how can you possibly stand behind her, even if it is your daughter?! She killed your granddaughter! What are they going to do if, by some insane twist of fate, she gets off on these charges, just welcome her back into the family fold like nothing ever happened?! This trial just makes me more angry every time I watch it.
I agree...if I had kids like that, I'd be all, sorry buddy, you are on your own. But denial is a powerful thing.

Tinami Amori
06-23-2011, 11:50 PM
I agree...if I had kids like that, I'd be all, sorry buddy, you are on your own. But denial is a powerful thing.

- I am not sure if this is “denial”….. Although I am not sure about anything in this particular case…

I think Mother knows better than anyone that Casey is an irresponsible, self-indulgent, adult with arrested development and behavior traits of a sociopath who is capable of gross negligence and child endangerment, but is not a killer or capable of premeditated murder of her own child.

Mother alerted the police in the beginning when she believed that her daughter did something irresponsible and negligent in regards to child’s safety.

Mother now stands behind her daughter because she probably believes that no matter how idiotic and harmful Casey’s actions were towards the child, she did not intend for the child to die and it was an accident, and you can’t bring the child back to life, but Casey should not be facing a death penalty.

I don't believe that Casey intentionally killed her child either. I would hang her anyway for being the "kind of mother she was" even if she did not use chloroform... There is a rule: once you take on a "child" or a "pet" ..... your life and interests come second. Don't take on "living and breathing responsibilities" if you can't provide Heaven on Earth for them.:mad:

AxelAnnie
06-24-2011, 12:06 AM
This family is so dysfunctional. It appears that the entire family was organized around Casey and her insanity. That happens in a family with drugs, alcohol, rage, etc. As a mom, you are left with declaring your own child (the one you hoped and dreamed for, and carried under your heart for 9 months) is pathological, and a dangerous liar, or you excuse, cover-up, or try to explain away the behavior. It is co-dependence (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Codependency) and it is brutal.

Codependency (or codependence, co-narcissism or inverted narcissism) is a tendency to behave in overly passive or excessively caretaking ways that negatively impact one's relationships and quality of life. It also often involves putting one's needs at a lower priority than others while being excessively preoccupied with the needs of others.[1] Codependency can occur in any type of relationship, including in families, at work, in friendships, and also in romantic, peer or community relationships.[1] Codependency may also be characterized by denial, low self-esteem, excessive compliance, and/or control patterns

The last year my daughter worked for me.........she rarely showed up, had a gillion excuses, and because cash flow was difficult, I made sure she was paid when I wasn't. As I look back (and I have done a lot of work with myself) I can't believe what I excused, overlooked, covered for, financed, etc.

There was a point when Jose Baez asked Cindy if it had ever occurred to her that Casey's friends/job/nanny were imaginary. Cindy paused, and said "No....it never occurred to her". But the look on her face.........it looked a light bulb went off....and she finally realized she had been a fool. (well really, just a MOM without the tools and insight to fight her way out of the deep whole she was in.

It is being reported that the Attorney (http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/2011/06/23/2011-06-23_thanks_for_the_support_lawyer_for_casey_anthony s_parents_says_theyre_not_convinc.html?r=news/national) for George, Cindy and Lee said that the parents no longer believe Casey is innocent, but do not want her to get the death penalty, and will do everything they can to prevent that.

What a tragedy. And that lovely child paid the price.

numbers123
06-24-2011, 12:20 AM
I think that this family's dynamics are so complex that no one can really understand them. I am not a psychologist or psychiatrist but I imagine that Cindy is in a very fragile state.
First you have a daughter who does not accept responsibility for anything. As a mother I imagine she was doing the "where did I go wrong" throughout Casey's high school years as she was the wild child that has been portrayed. Your marriage was falling apart, you begin to blame yourself for everything - your daughter's behavior, the failure of your marriage, etc. Then your daughter is pregnant, you know in your gut that she will not be able to be a good mother based upon Casey's behavior in the past. You become enmeshed in your granddaughter's life, thinking that you might be able to change the way that she turns out - you have a second chance.
Then the worst thing happens, your daughter is partying and your granddaughter is missing. As time goes on you realize that there is not a good outcome here. Your daughter is in prison for what 3 years now, denying that she had anything to do with the disappearance/death of your granddaughter.
I imagine that at this point, Cindy is just thinking I want to die, it's my fault for raising a selfish daughter, but the loss of another child will be too much to bear. So she is willing to put herself out there to end her misery.
We can all assume what we would do or never do, but unless we are in that situation we simply do not know. I can not judge Cindy as I can not begin to understand what her minute by minute life is like.

Latte
06-24-2011, 01:49 AM
All the above is ture in my opinion.
Cindy is lying to save Casey. But if Casey gets off, I am afraid of what she may do next.
She should be kept in Jail or a mental institution for the protection of the population.
But I am sure if Casey is found not guilty, Cindy and George will welcome her home and they will all live as though none of this happened.
They really are a very sick family. So sad.

numbers123
06-24-2011, 02:02 AM
Have you ever had a child who died or as in this case killed? If she is found not guilty, and Cindy and George bring Casey home, there is no fcuking way that they will live as though none of this happened.

First of all - the death of a child destroys what is a normal relationship. It is why so many parents divorce after their child dies, neither one can accept the "place" that they other one is at. Add to that complexity your daughter/granddaughter relationship.

Second of all - no one in the media will allow them to live as nothing happened. The circus that is occurring now, will be 100x worse on every anniversary of the day/month of Callee death.

Nothing is the same - nothing after the death of a child.. Everyday there is a reminder of something.

Latte
06-24-2011, 02:16 AM
You are speaking of normal people.

nubka
06-24-2011, 03:34 AM
Have you ever had a child who died or as in this case killed? If she is found not guilty, and Cindy and George bring Casey home, there is no fcuking way that they will live as though none of this happened.

First of all - the death of a child destroys what is a normal relationship. It is why so many parents divorce after their child dies, neither one can accept the "place" that they other one is at. Add to that complexity your daughter/granddaughter relationship.

Second of all - no one in the media will allow them to live as nothing happened. The circus that is occurring now, will be 100x worse on every anniversary of the day/month of Callee death.

Nothing is the same - nothing after the death of a child.. Everyday there is a reminder of something.

Having gone through the experience of having my own child die, I can truthfully say that my relationship with my husband was not destroyed. If anything, it was made stronger than ever. However I do realize that we are probably the exception to the rule, and not the norm. :(

KHenry14
06-24-2011, 05:27 AM
This reminds me a bit of Scott Peterson's parents, who still insist he's innocent.

nyrak
06-24-2011, 06:05 AM
I can only imagine the only thing worse than having someone you love murdered is having someone that was supposed to love them committing the murder....

Whether you're the Anthony's or the Peterson's I can imagine you'd want to believe your child was innocent, would never do that, etc....but when all the evidence points to them and no one else, I hope common sense would prevail. But obviously it doesn't.

Anita18
06-24-2011, 09:30 AM
I can only imagine the only thing worse than having someone you love murdered is having someone that was supposed to love them committing the murder....

Whether you're the Anthony's or the Peterson's I can imagine you'd want to believe your child was innocent, would never do that, etc....but when all the evidence points to them and no one else, I hope common sense would prevail. But obviously it doesn't.
And we still have parents out there who disown their children when the child turns out to be gay, or a bad student, or what have you. The psychologies that happen in either extreme case must be pretty bizarre.

danceronice
06-24-2011, 03:04 PM
And we still have parents out there who disown their children when the child turns out to be gay, or a bad student, or what have you. The psychologies that happen in either extreme case must be pretty bizarre.

That's an attack on the parents' identities. Children are often a projection of the parents, or viewed as such. If the parents don't want the child to be gay, "stupid" (or rather not 'traditionally' book smart), or marry someone radically different than the parents wanted, whatever, it's as if the child is purposefully attempting to destroy the parents' world. So they try to get rid of the 'failure.'

In this case, it's much the same, except the parents seem to have decided to go the denial route some parents with gay children do. "If I refuse to believe that she did it, she didn't do it." "If I refuse to acknowledge my child's gay, they aren't." Otherwise the Anthonys have to acknowledge "Our daughter is a sociopath who killed her own child" and even though if Casey is TRULY sociopathic there is basically nothing they could have done about it (true sociopaths are born that way so their only fault is producing a genetically defective offspring, which isn't against the law) then they have to think "Where did we go wrong?" So the court CAN'T find Casey guilty, in their minds, or that's the law ruling "You suck as parents and your daughter's a monster." Human brains will go a long long way to try and warp realty--some parents do it by disowning the problem, some go into denial about the problem existing.

numbers123
06-24-2011, 04:02 PM
How do we know that the Anthonys' believe that Casey is innocent? That seems to be the belief of some of you. IIRC, there have been numerous reports that the Anthonys do not believe that Casey is innocent. There is a big difference in denying that Casey is guilty and acknowledging that Casey is the logical person who killed Caylee.

They have already lost one child to murder. I assume the motive here is to keep Casey alive rather than be put to death. She may be in prison for the rest of her life, but still alive and where they can talk to her, etc.

Unless you are Cindy or George Anthony, I don't believe that you can say that they are denying or acting as if nothing happened.