PDA

View Full Version : Casey Anthony trial

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

cruisin
06-19-2011, 03:02 PM
Now they have a forensic expert saying that the flies found in the trunk of Casey's car were not numerous enough, and that they were all found inside a bag of garbage. That the smell was from the garbage and that all of the evidence from the car trunk, presented by the prosecution is inconclusive. I saw something this morning on the news, I think it was a medical examiner/expert who testified that the autopsy was not performed properly.

judiz
06-19-2011, 06:25 PM
There was garbage in the trunk so of course there were flies but I believe there were also bugs that are only attracted to human flesh in the trunk as well.

As for the autopsy, now the medical examiner who testified on Friday says the skull was moved to the spot where it was found because the brain was resting on the left side and the skull was found upright. Would the brain had shifted to the left if that's the position Casey put Caylee's body in the car trunk prior to decomposition when it probably couldn't shift anymore?

Kruss
06-20-2011, 07:02 PM
I've been following this thread, but not the trial since I can't watch it while at work. Just came across this article (http://newsfeed.time.com/2011/06/20/gamesmanship-leads-to-sudden-halt-in-casey-anthony-trial/) - so there's nothing more going on in court for the day?

AxelAnnie
06-20-2011, 07:21 PM
Thanks for that link. I have such respect for the judge. I am not sure that anyone knows why they closed court for today. But, there will be nothing until tomorrow.

Baez is either really dumb...or really smart. Baez is calling experts who are testifying to stuff that is not in their reports...........my big no no. One "report" that was given to the prosecution was half a page, and had no conclusion. Ashton said he had no idea how to depose the guy, because he had no idea what the guy's knowledge was.

my little pony
06-20-2011, 07:52 PM
they were supposed to have on the surprise (to the prosecution) witness from saturday. ashton held up some book or something that he needed to prepare for him and said 1 night wasn't enough time. the judge made them both turn around and look at the clock and said they were wasting the jury's time. at one pt he told baez that he wasn't doing right by his client due to the way he was conducting things. he dismissed them and said something like any more delays and court will be starting at 8:30 am from now on since he promised the jury they would be done with the trial by a certain date. he seemed displeased w ashton this time, though not as much as he is with baez. however, im not sure what ashton was supposed to do with the surprise guy if he didn't review the material.

AxelAnnie
06-20-2011, 09:02 PM
It was the Judge....Perry....that had them turn around. Was pretty amusing.

soxxy
06-21-2011, 05:08 PM
This whole procedure is getting very messy and somewhat odd. Judge Perry is (understandably) almost constantly annoyed, defense "expert" witnesses are being challenged, underlying (personality-related) tensions too easily surface, etc. I can't see this case coming to a conclusion. Maybe those who are twittering and facebooking that Baez is trying to throw the case are right.

Latte
06-22-2011, 02:54 AM
They are bringing on that ex con woman who said that she had a affair with George.
I thought that was already proven a lie?:lol:
They had a woman on today as a expert who seemed like she hardly knew where whe was let alone what she was saying. Dogs or Cyotes buried the skull?:eek:
The defense is really desperate.:rolleyes:

judiz
06-22-2011, 11:23 AM
Heard that the prosecution may bring on as a rebuttal witness a woman who was in the jail cell next to Casey's. This woman's child drowned in a backyard pool and was pulled out of the water by his grandfather. Prosecution hopes this immate's story proves that Caylee did not drown, Casey simply took this woman's story and made it her own.

Skittl1321
06-22-2011, 02:14 PM
What was that woman in jail for? It seems like it might affect her credibility a bit.

milanessa
06-22-2011, 03:13 PM
What was that woman in jail for?

Apparently, driving on a suspended license. I think she was only in jail for a few hours.

BaileyCatts
06-23-2011, 09:16 PM
Is anyone watching today? Cindy back on the stand and claims she was the one who did the searches for chlorophil (sp?) and chloroform because her dogs were sick? :confused: And even though her time sheets say she was at work at the time those searches were made, she always filled out an 8-hour day and maybe she was there and maybe she wasn't because she was salaried so came and went as she wanted? What? Am I really hearing this right? Is she throwing herself on a sword to "save" Casey? You know, I am not a mother, so maybe I just don't understand. But I don't care if it was my daughter, if she killed my granddaughter (which I believe Casey did), after all the lies she has told, all the accusations she has made against her family, all the partying and couldn't care less attitude she had about her daughter being missing ... my gawd, how can you possibly stand behind her, even if it is your daughter?! She killed your granddaughter! What are they going to do if, by some insane twist of fate, she gets off on these charges, just welcome her back into the family fold like nothing ever happened?! This trial just makes me more angry every time I watch it.

You know, all it takes is one person on that jury to buy any of this crap and Casey really could get away with murder here.

AxelAnnie
06-23-2011, 09:31 PM
Yep! She is trying to take the fall. The prosecutor excoriated her on cross. This poor woman. Boy, does she need help.

AxelAnnie
06-23-2011, 09:43 PM
Apparently, driving on a suspended license. I think she was only in jail for a few hours.

April Whalen (http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/43489200/ns/local_news-orlando_fl/t/new-twist-arises-casey-anthony-trial/)

Officials said Whalen's jail stay for theft overlapped with Anthony's for five days in June 2009. The women shared a dorm, but because Anthony was in protective custody, a jail representative said, the two would never have had direct contact.

And April's father has stated that he thinks his daughter had likely spoken (http://www.examiner.com/crime-in-national/april-whalen-s-father-thinks-his-daughter-spoke-to-casey-anthony-jail) to Casey.

attyfan
06-23-2011, 09:52 PM
You know, all it takes is one person on that jury to buy any of this crap and Casey really could get away with murder here.

If only one person on the jury buys the defense case, then the jury "hangs" and Casey will probably be tried again (unless there is a plea bargain). She doesn't get off completely unless a jury finds her "not guilty".