PDA

View Full Version : Casey Anthony trial

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

FiveRinger
06-18-2011, 02:53 AM
The more I hear about this case the more uncomfortable I get. It's all so creepy.

my little pony
06-18-2011, 03:47 AM
How? Because the defense is still claiming he has not been ruled out - faulty procedure.

are you sure you are hearing this correctly? when baize brought up the test this wk, he didn't dispute the results. however, the prosecution did not like the way he asked the question and asked for a sidebar.

numbers123
06-18-2011, 04:49 AM
I hadn't religiously followed the story so when Dateline did a review of the events, I was even more :eek: than ever.

AxelAnnie
06-18-2011, 05:06 AM
How? Because the defense is still claiming he has not been ruled out - faulty procedure.

Well, the defense can and has claimed a lot of things. However, the FBI conducted the DNA (http://mhutch.blogspot.com/2009/03/dna-tests-prove-that-lee-anthony-is-not.html) testing that excluded Lee as the father.

Now, we could doubt the FBI - and we could believe we faked the landing on the moon, and maybe OJ didn't do it. It is a leap of faith, but I would like to think that the FBI was both truthful and competent.

DNA swabs were sent to the FBI and compared to Caylee's DNA. The swabs were taken from various people (i.e Lee and the father and boyfriend), and all were excluded. So, they weren't comparing a DNA sample from a paper cup they got from the trash. They were comparing a sample from the body to a sample taken from Lee for the purpose of comparison. I would take that as true.

Remember, Baez claimed that Caylee drowned. I think Dr. G., put that to rest.

AxelAnnie
06-18-2011, 05:14 AM
I believe the initials part the other poster is referring to is way back in time during the public memorial service that was held for Caylee after her body was identified, during that ceremony Lee made a speech and said stuff like "C ....M ....A ...... I miss you. C...M...A ..... you are so strong. C....M....A ..... blah blah blah". Those are Casey's initials as well (Casey Marie Anthony) and people have spectulated those were coded messages to Casey, who was in jail and not allowed to attend the service, but was allowed to watch it on TV.

I watched that service back when it aired and thought it was very weird and strange, to say the least, as even then before all the talking heads had speculated on that, I thought that he was talking to "Casey" and not "Caylee". I'm sure its online somewhere, put it was creepy to me anyway.

CMA - also Cindy's initials. Cindy Marie Anthony. No one knows to whom he was referring. The most logical guess is Casey, I would assume. At that point, I would think the family was still reeling. They had a lot of time and effort invested - against all logic - in believing Casey....about her imaginary friends, her imaginary job, her imaginary babysitter. I totally understand where they were coming from. This appears to be a family that was totally organized around Casey - and not making her angry, and supporting and excusing her insanity. Black belts in Co-dependency. It is VERY difficult to accept that someone you love is a monster. And to accept that Casey did what (I believe she did) is to accept that a person you loved is....well...lacking all human emotion and humanity.

Can you imagine looking at your sister/child and thinking that she had it in her to kill your niece / grandchild, and carry on a 31 day charade, and make up all that stuff. The human mind will go to great lengths to accept the unacceptable rather than face the reality in front of them. My youngest is an addict (in recovery....than G-d)...believe me, I know from where this comes.

FigureSpins
06-18-2011, 10:18 AM
I believe the initials part the other poster is referring to is way back in time during the public memorial service that was held for Caylee after her body was identified, during that ceremony Lee made a speech and said stuff like "C ....M ....A ...... I miss you. C...M...A ..... you are so strong. C....M....A ..... blah blah blah". Those are Casey's initials as well (Casey Marie Anthony) and people have spectulated those were coded messages to Casey, who was in jail and not allowed to attend the service, but was allowed to watch it on TV.

CMA - also Cindy's initials. Cindy Marie Anthony.

I looked up the transcript of his eulogy and it sounds like he was offering a message to each of the CMA's, although several people did remark that they thought it was a coded message to Casey.

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/orlando-fl/TQC7I9TVCPPFPH2S3

ks777
06-18-2011, 05:25 PM
So who is the father of Caylee? Someone she had one night stand with and she didn't even ask his name or where he was from? Or was she too drunk or high to remember who she had sex with?

Marge_Simpson
06-18-2011, 05:53 PM
We will probably never know who Caylee's father is. But at this point, I don't think it has anything to do with this trial.
Did anyone see the royal smackdown that Judge Perry gave Baez this morning? I've really got to hand it to JP, he has the patience of a saint.

http://www.wesh.com/casey-anthony-extended-coverage/28280696/video.html

GaPeach
06-18-2011, 07:45 PM
Did anyone see the royal smackdown that Judge Perry gave Baez this morning? I've really got to hand it to JP, he has the patience of a saint.

I'm betting Baez is regretting getting the first judge excused!:lol:

soxxy
06-18-2011, 08:10 PM

Oh, did Judge Perry ever let him have it. He wouldn't let Baez' witness testify (until Monday?) and threatened Baez with contempt of court. I need to hear more about it to understand how big a fast one Baez was trying to put over on the court.

judiz
06-18-2011, 08:37 PM
Mainly Baez was calling witnesses who are experts in one area and asking them to testify about things outside their field. He tried it the other day and the judge said no and then he tried it again today. Now the judge will allow this witness to testify but only after the prosecution has enough time to prepare.

What was the outcome of today's testimony when the witness for the defense claimed Caylee's skull was moved and the duct tape put on after she had died?

soxxy
06-18-2011, 08:46 PM
What was the outcome of today's testimony when the witness for the defense claimed Caylee's skull was moved and the duct tape put on after she had died?

Dr. Werner Spitz' testimony, who worked on the JFK assassination? :eek: I don't know....he seemed impressive but I nodded off when the prosecutor asked him about his media appearances and he couldn't recall having done many of them.

Latte
06-19-2011, 12:46 AM

I watched that service back when it aired and thought it was very weird and strange, to say the least, as even then before all the talking heads had speculated on that, I thought that he was talking to "Casey" and not "Caylee". I'm sure its online somewhere, put it was creepy to me anyway.

I have always thought what he said at the service and the way he said it to be beyond creepy. It just makes a person uncomfortable.
Something funny must have been going on between them, but, I think it was consenual.(sp?).

FiveRinger
06-19-2011, 04:07 AM
Something funny must have been going on between them, but, I think it was consenual.(sp?).

OMG. Flowers in the Attic has come to life? the books were creepy enough! Ewww!!!:scream:

Marge_Simpson
06-19-2011, 06:46 AM
Lee Anthony is not Caylee's father. You'll need to scroll down to page 62.

http://www.wftv.com/_blank/18740657/detail.html